Green Tractor Talk banner

5901 - 5920 of 5969 Posts

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Attention Rick's Ride;

I found something interesting which might help you get the water pump you need for your machine.
The part number for your machines water pump changed, as shown in the screen shot below. That page assumed your tractor is the North American edition of the 2038R, and the VIN Number is GH100009 - (higher). If that is correct, then the information on the page is most likely accurate.

The cost to develop a significant critical component, like a water pump, is quite high. Often, the maker of the pump will design the pump to be used across a platform of products, using the similar engine size and output. Such is the case with Yanmar, it turns out the water pump for your tractor actually is the same base pump for many different machines.

The variable comes in the fittings and brackets and attachment points to the water pump. The different kits with the various fittings all have different part numbers to the individual machine application can be listed.
But in many, if not most cases, the basic pump is the same. It appears that is also the case with your tractors water pump.

The part number changed on the Water Pump for the 2038R from MIA883454 to MIA885148. However, after a little research, it appears the change in the part number might be as much due to the fittings used with the pump for each application and not the change in the pump itself.

Check out this first screen shot below and look at the pumps shown as items 1A and 1B. Same machine application, same engine, the difference appears to be the specific fittings which are shown INCLUDED with the part number you need in item 1B, which matches the Catalog number of MIA885148 for your machine.

Bottom line, if they can't get the MIA885148 pump on a timely basis, they should see if they can get the part number in Item 1A, which is JD Part number MIA881997 and just swap the fittings from your current pump as the fittings are all sold individually.

The details are shown on the last screen shot I posted. When you search the new assigned John Deere part number for YOUR tractor, the 2038r. The pump should fit and the difference appears to be the fittings, as shown in the screen shot with the exploded view and pumps 1A and pump 1B.

This sort of stuff happens fairly often. While there are many different part numbers, often the main parts are the same or interchangeable, its the "fittings and hardware" which vary. It certainly warrants investigation, instead of simply waiting for the new "kit" to be available for your machine.

Good luck and let us know what you find.

View attachment 738818 View attachment 738819 View attachment 738820
Great research and I don't even have one of those tractors!

Treefarmer

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
New use for BadAss moving Customer’s boats around at The Homestead Upholstery Shop. Making a custom snap on mooring cover for this lake Ski boat. Photos are of the patterns I made today.
Sincerely

·
Registered
175 Posts
Finally got around to putting the MMM on and got the lawn done at both the house and the subdivision pond. THEN, I learned a new lesson. Don't ever drive down a slope into your compost pile to rotate the leaves and compost. The tractor got stuck up to the front axle and I had to use the truck to help get it out. So ........ the lesson is "there shalt be a new set of rules when MMM is installed"!

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
That 2038R sure does cut nice....
Sincerely

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Finally got the Artillian diverter kit installed and grapple tested.
Seems to work great...which is both a good thing and a bad thing.
Now Ive got work to do with it cutting down and cleaning up a bunch of trees.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Finally got around to putting the MMM on and got the lawn done at both the house and the subdivision pond. THEN, I learned a new lesson. Don't ever drive down a slope into your compost pile to rotate the leaves and compost. The tractor got stuck up to the front axle and I had to use the truck to help get it out. So ........ the lesson is "there shalt be a new set of rules when MMM is installed"!
I had to laugh at this one. I feel your pain. I am trying to sell my house so I didn’t plant a garden this year. The weeds were getting tall so I decided to cut them with the 430. I made it 2 rows in and the front tire tires disappeared and it sat down on the deck. I tried using the 332 to pull it out but it didn’t budge it. I had to use the truck to get it out. Now I have two big ruts AND tall weeds in the garden spot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
254 Posts
Lots of work on the new place this weekend. Planted 83 trees and shrubs on Friday, got a shot of rain on Saturday (good for the trees, but slowed us down), and planted 75 strawberries, 32 raspberries, and 10 blackberry plants today.

·
Registered
12,286 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I found a semi not so busy day at work and took off to play with tractor, box blade, dump trailer etc. My farm road had a persistent mud hole in one road because the water had no place to go. So I started digging a diversion hole for the water and found some good road material: a mixture of sand and clay. Hmm, need a place for water and need to build up the road- this looks like a match. So now I've got a 5' wide trench about 40" deep and 20' long and the road is about 6" higher. Covered the sand/clay mix with some #5 stone and it should hold up.

The only problem was when i went to dump the rock, my dump lift went Uh, not the nice smooth hydraulic sound I was expecting. So I got to shovel off a couple of tons of rock. Oh boy. Then being the super smart person I am, I put the solar panel on the dump trailer while doing some other work with the tractor. I had one other really bad spot to fix and some nice gravel available but the two were about a half mile apart- too far to shuttle with the tractor. Ah, heck with it- I loaded the dump trailer with the gravel mix and hoped the solar panel had done some good. I had loaded the trailer fairly heavy but not so much on the front hoping it would lift. The solar panel had done some good but not enough. So raise the dump as much as it would go, shovel and raise some more. When it was at about a 30 degree angle, the battery ran out of juice and it was shovel work from there.

I need to figure out a charging circuit from my truck to the trailer battery. I've shoveled a lot of rock and dirt in my life, don't need to do any more.

In spite of the battery, it was a great day on the tractor. I got some stuff done, didn't answer a phone call all day. I'll look at work email later- right now I've got a beer chilling in the freezer and I need to rescue it.

Treefarmer
Check out this TTwT vid, should take care of your issue.
There needs to be a better way/place to mount the end of the cord on the pickup though...

·
Registered
175 Posts
I had to laugh at this one. I feel your pain. I am trying to sell my house so I didn’t plant a garden this year. The weeds were getting tall so I decided to cut them with the 430. I made it 2 rows in and the front tire tires disappeared and it sat down on the deck. I tried using the 332 to pull it out but it didn’t budge it. I had to use the truck to get it out. Now I have two big ruts AND tall weeds in the garden spot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ya know, I've gone down that same hill thousands of times and even driven into the pile a hundred times. So its no big deal right????? Dah!!! Bad part is I ended up having to have my wife drive the truck while I drove the tractor and she's all upset thinking I "broke the tractor" and its going to cost thousands $$$$$$ to fix. What's worse - stuck tractor or mad wife???? You decide!
:unsure:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Ya know, I've gone down that same hill thousands of times and even driven into the pile a hundred times. So its no big deal right????? Dah!!! Bad part is I ended up having to have my wife drive the truck while I drove the tractor and she's all upset thinking I "broke the tractor" and its going to cost thousands $$$$$$ to fix. What's worse - stuck tractor or mad wife???? You decide!
:unsure:
Forgot to add, got a tick bite digging in the compost. Now had to have my wife look to see if I got it all out cuz this old body (or any ones for that matter) does NOT bend like that to see into private areas.

·
Registered
334 Posts
New use for BadAss moving Customer’s boats around at The Homestead Upholstery Shop. Making a custom snap on mooring cover for this lake Ski boat. Photos are of the patterns I made today.
Sincerely
Joe, that's a nice boat your customer has. You do not see many of those older inboards anymore. I have a water skiing background so I am very familiar with those older boats. The new ones are very nice but very pricey....

·
Registered
334 Posts
Spread out this large pile of gravel for driveway and lean too this last week. Need an additional 6 .33 cu yd bags from HD of gravel to put down first under the much smaller gravel in certain areas like my lean-too since it was just dirt. 2038R would not quite pick up the 1100 lb bags out of my truck so I would empty some of it by hand first.

Shed will look better if I ever get around to building some doors for it and finishing the gutters.......Concrete in the shed, compacted gravel in the lean too almost looks the same.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,313 Posts
Planted 300# of seed potatoes yesterday, lots of help, it's more a family affair. We had this field ready to go a few weeks ago but then mother nature had different plans, so we started from scratch chisel plowing, discing and tilling.
This is where it is.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Planted 300# of seed potatoes yesterday, lots of help, it's more a family affair. We had this field ready to go a few weeks ago but then mother nature had different plans, so we started from scratch chisel plowing, discing and tilling.
This is where it is.
Starting again from scratch? That' enough to cause a bad case of this...

·
Registered
357 Posts
Check out this TTwT vid, should take care of your issue.
There needs to be a better way/place to mount the end of the cord on the pickup though...

I thought about linking this as well. I did not because he made a lot of mistakes. Don't get me wrong I like Tim's videos but they are him trying to figure things out. He is not showing us how to do things from experience he is letting us watch him learn. I worked many years as a truck and equipment mechanic. I would have done that a lot different and would not have used that kit.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I finally got AE dirty today, mowed the front, one side Yard, and fenced area in the back.

He mows awesome. None of the whispy missed areas between the blades I always fought on 62C deck on the 2305. granted it was slightly twisted.

I love the radial R3’s. They handled well and did not tear up the softest parts of the yard. The ride is 1000% better.

1st time mowing with RIO. I got the push the button before backing really well After just a few minutes. What drove me nuts was the RIO tripping by just lifting up on the forward pedal, especially going down hill. I take it something is not set quite right since I assume it should only trip when I push the reverse pedal. By the time I got finished I was pushing the RIO when I got ready to slow down.

I have to trim some branches up to above 7ft Tomm morning before mowing the other side yard and the field edge at the back of the yard. I will leave RIO on for that but will probably just disable after I pull the deck.

so much smoother than the 2305 and no rattlin. 👍

5901 - 5920 of 5969 Posts