Green Tractor Talk banner

6301 - 6320 of 6500 Posts

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Dual rear scv’s. Lights and other items are easier to add up the street. Not saying you can’t add these later either but now is the best time IMO.
I would agree on the SCVs. Best to get them right up front.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
741 Posts
Dual rear scv’s. Lights and other items are easier to add up the street. Not saying you can’t add these later either but now is the best time IMO.
Agree

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
I've read enough of GTT to know not to ask this question - but are there any other must haves add ons? Lights, etc?
As stated, dual rear SCV's, block heater depending on your location, and the true third function is supposed to available now for the large 2R's. As for the lights, you can add them much cheaper yourself, the harness is already wired up for plug and play.

In short, get everything that you think you'll need and that you can afford. I know at my dealer everything that they put on a new tractor pre-delivery as far as labor is included in the dealer setup charge, have them load the rear tires too if that's an option for you.

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
You are a good man for helping him out, Brian.
This is a piece of land my neighbors father is trying to clear all he uses is a garden rake and shovel I help him out when I can with tractor his tools are behind the blue crate in picture no power tools the cat is mine it follows me everywhere
P_20200723_101612_HDR.jpg

Sent from my ASUS_A009 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Just like @Treefarmer said, mine wasn't a "conquer" but finally got multiple quotes for a new 2038R... getting excited as I'm just about to pull the trigger!

2038R
Loader/Bucket
AP12F Forks
AF11E Plow w/ Hydraulic angle kit and diverter
iMatch
Turf Radials

I've read enough of GTT to know not to ask this question - but are there any other must haves add ons? Lights, etc?
I'll suggest rear SCV's also, along with fender flairs, Premium LED light kit, single point, and Load-N-Go if getting mower. If you have to drop any, drop the light kit, but I wouldn't.

Allen.

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Definitely not a conquer as I bounced my butt around on a hot day but I did manage to mow an area that we fenced out but don't want to just let grow up. It's wet ground and the grass grows in large hummocks so it's a rough ride. I stuck it out until I cooked myself long enough and got the areas that are difficult to get with the larger tractor and mower.

There were a couple of small trees that made mowing more difficult and I was able to push one over intact and push roots and all into the woods with my grapple. The other one broke about 3' up so I'll have to do some work on that one or it will be a hazard in the future. I don't normally mow with either the bucket or grapple on but I knew this ground was suspect and had the possibility of trees or limbs in the way so I left the grapple on.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
22 Posts
Managed to widen my driveway by 3' today. Drive is 300' or so and there is a big 12' berm on one side. So slowly trying to take that berm back so I can gain a little more driveway/yard space. Using the fill to extend my backyard as there is a pretty steep drop off behinid my backyard. Expecting it to take a LONG time to get it where I want, that's why I bought the tractor though. To play. :)

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I just noticed this a few min ago. Glad I have the brush guard. Whatever it was pushed it's way through one of the holes and broke off. No doubt it would have been through the thin factory mesh had my brush guard not been in place. Probably happened during the root ball roll ordeal.

View attachment 747429

View attachment 747430
Thanks for the reminder, gotta put one on mine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
For most it would not be conquer but for me it was. I’m finally getting some implements for my 4110. I picked up an unused Frontier RB2060L for half price from a private owner. Then Sat. I drove an hour to get a new box blade and set of forks.
The conquer was getting home after my truck stopped wanting to shift as I got on the road home. I didn’t take any pictures because I immediately tore into the truck when I got home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
For most it would not be conquer but for me it was. I’m finally getting some implements for my 4110. I picked up an unused Frontier RB2060L for half price from a private owner. Then Sat. I drove an hour to get a new box blade and set of forks.
The conquer was getting home after my truck stopped wanting to shift as I got on the road home. I didn’t take any pictures because I immediately tore into the truck when I got home.

Well don't be to hard on your truck it may not be the trucks fault more likely its the guy that does the maintenences fault:). Be gentle with her and she will be good to you

·
Registered
601 Posts
I plan on using my BH tomorrow to dig a puppy grave. Not a big hole but I am feeling too old for more shovel work. He will be needing it soon.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I plan on using my BH tomorrow to dig a puppy grave. Not a big hole but I am feeling too old for more shovel work. He will be needing it soon.
Thats hard work burying a pet. Hope he gets better

·
Premium Member
1,914 Posts
I did the same thing back in January. It was very sad indeed... We said goodbye to our 12 year old Black Lab....
Sincerely

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well don't be to hard on your truck it may not be the trucks fault more likely its the guy that does the maintenences fault:). Be gentle with her and she will be good to you
I’m not really hard on this one at all. I bought it a year ago and changed all of the fluids and filters. 5,000 miles later this happens. I’m pretty sure it’s a sensor and/or a solenoid but wanted to get it apart to verify that there weren’t unexpected pieces in the pan. The parts have been ordered and hopefully it will be back in service this coming weekend.

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Tough task either way. My condolences.

Treefarmer

6301 - 6320 of 6500 Posts