Green Tractor Talk banner

6321 - 6340 of 6500 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
That sucks radarDon, sorry to hear that.

Reactions: Herminator and rtgt

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I’m not really hard on this one at all. I bought it a year ago and changed all of the fluids and filters. 5,000 miles later this happens. I’m pretty sure it’s a sensor and/or a solenoid but wanted to get it apart to verify that there weren’t unexpected pieces in the pan. The parts have been ordered and hopefully it will be back in service this coming weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been there. Remember one that cost me lots of time a long time ago. The problem was a defective oil presure sending unit. The car would start and run for a minute or two then stop. I looked every place else never suspected the sending unit but i decided to see what it was and discovered the engine ran fine. Put the send back in and problem returned. I believe that was a chevy vega. Actuallly that car lasted forever with a steel sleeved engine without issues even with the two speed automatic transmission.
Hope the issue is something simple(y)

Reactions: greenharley

·
Registered
741 Posts
Used the 2025R to dig 10 holes and set posts for our fence. Previous owners built this massive gate that you could drive around. Felt like it needed a fence. Hope to plant a few apple trees in lower section for the wildlife.

·
Registered
446 Posts
My Aunt and Uncle had a pool installed so they have lots of dirt to share. I took about 12 tons over to my house for filling in low spots in my yard.
View attachment 748281
View attachment 748282
Does the 2025R have enough lift height to load that 1 ton? Could you afford to add sideboards? Just wondering as I've been eyeballing one, just want to make sure I can side load it.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,145 Posts
Does the 2025R have enough lift height to load that 1 ton? Could you afford to add sideboards? Just wondering as I've been eyeballing one, just want to make sure I can side load it.
I'm guessing reach would be an issue not height.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Replaced a window in our pole barn. Picked up a new pole pruner last night and had to take it for a spin. Ended up pruning most of the trees in our "orchard". Took the 2025 and hauled off the debris from the window install, then picked some rocks in a section of the yard where I did some shaping, and finally brushed the yard with the grapple. Ended the night watching the brush pile fire I had been meaning to light for some time now.

·
Registered
445 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Looks like stock frame.

Reactions: Herminator

·
Registered
445 Posts
Looks like stock frame.
That's what I was thinking. But the owners manual says not to do that. But it looks like it works fine. If so I will get some weights.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Herminator

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's what I was thinking. But the owners manual says not to do that. But it looks like it works fine. If so I will get some weights.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Yeah, just the stock frame. It fits 5 weights. Have not had an issue yet. Maybe the owners manual says not to use the frame in case they bounce out since they are not locked in? 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
445 Posts
That could very well be. I know the extension for my 2520 has a bar that slides through to hold them in place.
Are those 42 or 70 pound weights? How do they work with the brush mower. Mine makes my 2025R a little light in the front without the loader on.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
601 Posts
Used the BH yesterday to dig Beau's grave, and the loader bucket today to push all the dusty dirt back on top of him. Moved the end of grave marker for the next time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
About 2.5 hours on the tractor after cutting some trees down. Man this thing can clear some land quick even without a tooth bar installed! Considering this is my 3rd time using this tractor I am really impressed how quickly it can get after it. Super impressed how it rolled up them big roots/brush/sod and just pushed it out of the way.

Before and After.

·
Registered
5,897 Posts

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Did some spot spraying of weeds in the hayfield this morning. We have some patches of weeds mixed in with grass and clover so we didn't want to have a larger rig just nail it all. I did a couple of acres but it was scattered across 3-4 times that area.

This afternoon I brought the tractor to my house and cleaned up some brush piles in my neighbor's yard. I'll use it tomorrow when a crew is installing a new chimney liner and I told them I would move the debris.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
15 Posts
Are those 42 or 70 pound weights? How do they work with the brush mower. Mine makes my 2025R a little light in the front without the loader on.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
42 pounders. I found the best price for them is from Sloan express. If you keep them to 3 or under per order the shipping is reasonable. They do not have JD on them but are green and seem to work fine. Made a big difference in keeping the front from being so light.

6321 - 6340 of 6500 Posts