Green Tractor Talk banner

6341 - 6360 of 6500 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
42 pounders. I found the best price for them is from Sloan express. If you keep them to 3 or under per order the shipping is reasonable. They do not have JD on them but are green and seem to work fine. Made a big difference in keeping the front from being so light.
That is a crazy jump from 3 to 4 weights. $22 vs $175.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23,313 Posts
Are those 42 or 70 pound weights? How do they work with the brush mower. Mine makes my 2025R a little light in the front without the loader on.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
If you were asking me....my extended rack holds 7 42# weights.

When I do my brush hogging in the woods I usually take the loader off. The whole unit gets way too long to mingle between the trees.

I would never go without the loader or front weights - it mostly pretty steep hillside.

I have found the tractor with front weights and the little 4’ brush hog much more stable with the weights than with the loader on.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
I found them on Amazon for $66 with free shipping. I think that's pretty good unless you find someone selling private...
My dealer quoted me $60.99 a piece for the 42 lb suitcase weights. Are others seeing higher prices? Based on some of the above comments on pricing, $61 seems like a better deal that I had first thought.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I got 4 70 pound weights today. I had to go to Snohomish to get them. None of the other dealers had them. I was half way there though. I went to North Bend for a rally for Loren Culp. I think Insley is so disliked this time a Republican can win. He would be great. He's the police chief that made national news saying he won't enforce the 1639 anti gun initiative. Now more than half the sheriffs in the state have followed his lead. It violates the state and federal constitutions. I really hope he wins. I got 4 70 pound weights because it's a little more than 5 42s and when I put them on my ballast box it's an even number half on each side.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
What do politics have to do with suitcase weights?
Coaltrain it all depends on if the suitcase weights are going on the left side or the right side.🙃

I miss North Bend, but am glad to be back in Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Another reason I went with 4 70 pound weights was I move a lot of trailers with it. I have too many around here. So I made a bracket to store the ball mount on the front. 4 weights would work but 5 won't. I originally made it to mount to existing holes. But that didn't work for 4 weights. So I drilled holes in the center and cut the ends off the bracket. The ball mount still needs to come off as the pin is in the way but 4 fit now.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Another reason I went with 4 70 pound weights was I move a lot of trailers with it. I have too many around here. So I made a bracket to store the ball mount on the front. 4 weights would work but 5 won't. I originally made it to mount to existing holes. But that didn't work for 4 weights. So I drilled holes in the center and cut the ends off the bracket. The ball mount still needs to come off as the pin is in the way but 4 fit now.

4 70lb weights will fit on your stock bumper with the loader on? And you have a 2025R?

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
445 Posts
4 70lb weights will fit on your stock bumper with the loader on? And you have a 2025R?
5 will fit if I didn't have the ball mount holder in the middle. I don't plan to use them with the loader on. They are for the brush cutter. I can't get around with it and the loader both on. A little better with the bucket removed. With the bucket off it's front light. With the loader off it's worse. When they are not on the front they will be on the sides of the ballast box to make it even heavier. So the front axle won't get overloaded. But yeah they fit fine.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I might put them on the front with the backhoe and the loader on. It's a little front light like that. Especially going up hill. Not to the point of being scary but the weight would help.

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
A little fun from last weekend.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I watched this last night. GREAT video, Pat!!

And, way to help out the cemetery. It certainly is a beautiful, peaceful looking piece of land. Hopefully the families that have loved ones there appreciate it.

As an aside - I like going through old cemeteries. When I was doing a job in the Hudson Valley (Hawthorne, NY) back around 2005 or so I had the opportunity to go through the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery. Lots of notable people buried there. And also a lot of Revolutionary War veterans. It was very cool and worth the trip if you're in that part of the state.

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
I watched this last night. GREAT video, Pat!!

And, way to help out the cemetery. It certainly is a beautiful, peaceful looking piece of land. Hopefully the families that have loved ones there appreciate it.

As an aside - I like going through old cemeteries. When I was doing a job in the Hudson Valley (Hawthorne, NY) back around 2005 or so I had the opportunity to go through the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery. Lots of notable people buried there. And also a lot of Revolutionary War veterans. It was very cool and worth the trip if you're in that part of the state.
Thanks Mark, it is a nice little cemetery. It has a ton of very large maple trees (I think 7 or 8 are marked to be removed) every fall about 8 or 10 of get together and rake up all the leaves, it's a good days work. At the end of video where I dumped that bucket of rocks is where we dump the leaves, then I go back up and push them over the bank with my tractor, last year I used my snow push and it worked great.
Whenever we take the girls to our local cemeteries I try to encourage them to look at the oldest sections, a lot of history is buried in these small cemeteries.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Nice work Pat 👍

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I mowed the drive this evening. Had allot of weeds sprouting with the rain and warm temps. I put the land plane on and cut them all off. 60% chance of rain the next two days so it will wash everything down leaving nice gravel behind.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
What do politics have to do with suitcase weights?
Politicians are large weights we the people must carry and the suitcase weights, also heavy the tractor must carry. Hummm... Not much difference cept we don't have to support suitcase weights

6341 - 6360 of 6500 Posts