Green Tractor Talk banner

6641 - 6660 of 6691 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Pulled out the old power line post that is no longer needed as I had the power to my house buried while building my shop. Cut the top section off first(no photos) then pulled this just over 10 ft section out of the ground... I will have to say that the lifting ability of the rear 3 point is impressive. Lifted the front of the tractor off the ground a few times but it came out.

·
Premium Member
14,430 Posts
This was a small chunk of my day yesterday.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I got a tour of the Glenfiddich distillery once. At the conclusion you got an 8oz water glass full to sample, with a free refill. Shame I was the driver, I could only have the first glass.
Would have been nice to take that tour. Two glasses of Scotch is a lot to drink. But you know, those locals up there could really put it away. Was common for them to start drinking at a meeting and keep going for at least a day or two. I asked a couple of the room renters that worked on the north sea oil rigs how that worked and was told if you were tired you just took a nap the meetings didn't stop. All the ones Aubrey had were single malt best of the best and you can really taste the difference. Was interesting to me that i really had no hangover just stayed drunk for two days. I drank tons of water anticipating an excurciating headache which never came. Would love to have made note of the vintners but didn't think of that at the time.
It all began after the war when he married a scotch girl that lived in Kircaldy and heard of an old castle like mansion in danger of demolition that was built in the 1600's. Him and his bride didn't like that idea so they offered to preserve it if they would be allowed to rent rooms serve food and drink to pay for necessary repairs. Those two went to work and never took a single day off until the day she died. I tried my best to get them to take some time and come over here to visit but no, was always the answer. He continued to work untill he grew to old and frail then sold out and took up with nice 30 year old lassy at 88. I didn't care for that figuring she was a gold digger but she wasn't. Not sure why they split up may have been his mind not working so good anymore putting him in a home. He was quite wealthy untill he entered that home dying almost penniless. This is in a land of free medical, yeah right, they sucked him dry. Guess that what governments do.

Reactions: mark02tj

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Pulled out the old power line post that is no longer needed as I had the power to my house buried while building my shop. Cut the top section off first(no photos) then pulled this just over 10 section out of the ground... I will have to say that the lifting ability of the rear 3 point is impressive. Lifted the front of the tractor off the ground a few times but it came out.

View attachment 757407 View attachment 757408 View attachment 757409
Is that cinder block you are building with?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Is that cinder block you are building with?
Yes it is. Here in central Florida, its the strongest way to build due to hurricanes...My house is also all block as well.

Here is my thread to my build which has come to a stall due to the roofer....
New Garage Build

Reactions: greenharley

·
Registered
463 Posts
I would’ve bet you money there was no way you were going to do that. I’m impressed.
Herm,

I took about 15 minutes to get it out. It was very slow at first maybe an inch or 2 every pull. But once I gave it a few good jerks back and forth, it started to slowly come up in bigger chunks...

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Yes it is. Here in central Florida, its the strongest way to build due to hurricanes...My house is also all block as well.

Here is my thread to my build which has come to a stall due to the roofer....
New Garage Build
I own a house built out of them have rented out and that house is very energy efficient. Thanks. Was looking at your build thread wished the pix were larger. Out here no one does block but I am going to look into it for my old tractor shed rebuild. Your building a fort but I don't understand why your putting in hurricane straps i would think you would want them to pass on by not strap them in.....Well what do i know

·
Registered
463 Posts
I own a house built out of them have rented out and that house is very energy efficient. Thanks. Was looking at your build thread wished the pix were larger. Out here no one does block but I am going to look into it for my old tractor shed rebuild. Your building a fort but I don't understand why your putting in hurricane straps i would think you would want them to pass on by not strap them in.....Well what do i know
Hurricane straps are code here in Florida since Hurricane Andrew in 1992. Its called the Miami-Dade code. All homes are built to that standard. It you go look at my build thread, you can see that they are poured into the concrete and the upper row of blocks has 1/2 rebar tied all the way around before the concrete goes in. All of the trusses, roof decking, etc have to be rated for Miami-Dade code as well or your inspection will fail....... Its a lot of standards but it has proven to be much better with hurricane's since then. The destruction is much less in the years since but of coarse Irma was the closest to a Cat 5(Andrew was Cat 5) and the damage to structures was much less so it works.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Hurricane straps are code here in Florida since Hurricane Andrew in 1992. Its called the Miami-Dade code. All homes are built to that standard. It you go look at my build thread, you can see that they are poured into the concrete and the upper row of blocks has 1/2 rebar tied all the way around before the concrete goes in. All of the trusses, roof decking, etc have to be rated for Miami-Dade code as well or your inspection will fail....... Its a lot of standards but it has proven to be much better with hurricane's since then. The destruction is much less in the years since but of coarse Irma was the closest to a Cat 5(Andrew was Cat 5) and the damage to structures was much less so it works.
Sound like a good thing to do. thanks for the explanation. Being a westerner when i read you post about hurracane strapping the image that came to mind was roping steers and it made me laugh. Then i thought maybe not such a bad idea if possible think of all the money and lives that would be saved if you could strap a hurracane in one spot untill it fizzeled out.:)

·
Premium Member
14,025 Posts
I would’ve bet you money there was no way you were going to do that. I’m impressed.
I have a feeling that sandy soil contributed a lot to the success of the mission. 😊

·
Registered
463 Posts
I have a feeling that sandy soil contributed a lot to the success of the mission. 😊
I am sure it did but getting it moved side to side really helped. I also dug down about 2 ft into the area around the pole. I was really impressed by the 3 point lifting power on the 38R overall.

·
Premium Member
14,430 Posts
No doubt it did, I couldn't budge a 5/8" piece of ready rod with the FEL or the 3 point, our 2555 FEL had all it could do to pull it out of the ground. It was in about 36" as a ground for the electric fence that we had around the corn field. We figured because it's been so dry this summer that the ground is like concrete, I pulled the same piece last year with my 2025R 3 point, it wasn't budging this year.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
790 hauling in 2 totes of firewood.

·
Administrator
19,014 Posts
Is that a quick attach system for the FEL? If so, who makes it?
I have the 770 tractor with the 70 FEL and would like to get a set of forks that attach to the loaders existing pin system but can seem to find anything compatible.
The 419 loaders came standard with the "JDQA" setup, like most all the newer loaders do.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Is that a quick attach system for the FEL? If so, who makes it?
I have the 770 tractor with the 70 FEL and would like to get a set of forks that attach to the loaders existing pin system but can seem to find anything compatible.
You can get everything you need to convert your loader and bucket to skid steer if you have some fab skills and tools.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Herminator
6641 - 6660 of 6691 Posts