Green Tractor Talk banner

6661 - 6680 of 6691 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,794 Posts
Even though I have fabrication skills, I'll stick with the 1989 technology and just get a set of Titan bucket forks instead.
From what I understand bucket forks have several down sides to them. Hard to see, hard to keep in place, not very much capacity, and they have been known to bend the bucket if overloaded.

Depending on what you want to move, and how high you need to lift it, 3 point forks might be a better option. Not so much if you need to lift it to height, but a better option to move stuff than bucket forks.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Even though I have fabrication skills, I'll stick with the 1989 technology and just get a set of Titan bucket forks instead.
I do a lot of residential deliveries. I can tell you bucket forks are garbage. I cringe every time I see someone come down the driveway with them. Due to distance from the pivot point you loose a little over half of the lift capacity. I have never seen a set that were both straight. They bend and they bend the bucket. The ones with a cross bar don't adjust for width after they bend the first time you use them. And they won't go narrow enough for a lot of loads. I always lower the pallet on the lift gate first since I had guy drag one off and flip his tractor. You will regret the purchase. I made my own pin on forks for my old grey market tractor. They worked great for 20 years and I am sure the new owner is still using them. That would be my second choice. You can also buy the Jhon Deere QA parts from Amazon. If it was me I would do that or Skid steer.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,430 Posts
Just having fun, really liking this MSL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,759 Posts
When I did a bed replacement on my last truck I had to use my 420 and an engine hoist to do the lifting and drive the truck into position. The 750 made it so much easier.

·
Premium Member
14,430 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
I asked the wife to take some photos of the work we did yesterday but she only took a video. At least I got a couple of screenshots to show.

We did a lot more than that on our 34th wedding anniversary work wise. Not only did we pull out the tree, we also cut it up, removed the stump, dug the hole bigger and planted another tree in the same spot after attaching the backhoe back on the tractor. We got the other tree out of the basin area of the property after digging around it with the backhoe and lifting it up with a strap attached to the bucket. Plus, offloaded some wood pellets I picked up from Tractor Supply store in the bucket. I usually just back my truck up to the basement doors but the ground was too soft so we used the tractor instead. Wish I had more pictures to post but we don't....

The wife made up for it and acquired an original 1989 John Deere Compact Tractor Sales Brochure for me from eBay. I like having these since they give a good idea of what you can purchase as far as attachments go so the tractor can work with them.

·
Registered
523 Posts
That cover photo looks so staged. Those models look nothing like farm folks. It just isn't right.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,753 Posts
That cover photo looks so staged. Those models look nothing like farm folks. It just isn't right.
This old ad picture looks kind of staged as well. The girl doesn't look like she's dressed to cut the grass. There's not even any grass in the hopper. And the man looks like he couldn't care less about mowing the grass. ;)

what these companies won't resort to in order to sell a piece of equipment!

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
From what I understand bucket forks have several down sides to them. Hard to see, hard to keep in place, not very much capacity, and they have been known to bend the bucket if overloaded.

Depending on what you want to move, and how high you need to lift it, 3 point forks might be a better option. Not so much if you need to lift it to height, but a better option to move stuff than bucket forks.
There is nothing good about tham and they wil cost you money over time in damage caused

Reactions: Herminator

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I'm pretty sure the guy on the tractor is plastic.
I was thinking the exact same thing.:) That mower deck looks huge and extra wide as well.

Reactions: trav

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
This old ad picture looks kind of staged as well. The girl doesn't look like she's dressed to cut the grass. There's not even any grass in the hopper. And the man looks like he couldn't care less about mowing the grass. ;)

what these companies won't resort to in order to sell a piece of equipment!

View attachment 758431
SEX sells

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
That is in fact the 72" mowing deck that was available on the 870 tractor the mannequin farmer is sitting on. My 770 could only take a 60" deck that was available.
Ah, so thats why it looks so huge. But today it wouldn't be a plastic man but a digital assistant that never does the job demanded but goes off on other tasks

·
Registered
23,865 Posts
A week later the new bed went one, I did need a couple ratchet straps to help the 750 because the extend-a-boom wasn’t working.
I would have been nervous about the back window - I'm sure your view from the tractor seat was quite limited.

6661 - 6680 of 6691 Posts