Green Tractor Talk banner

6701 - 6720 of 6790 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,811 Posts
Got to get out the chisel plow today. Conditions were perfect and I will finish the other half tomorrow. Why, just to enjoy the fun for more than one day.
10C9854A-7262-44CE-AE01-4A8771556A3E.jpeg
4F92A66D-9E46-4D0E-8EDB-E051753370AC.jpeg

So much better than this.
9835039A-EEA4-4B4A-842B-9753E6A1562E.jpeg

Wow Meager, that ceramic coating really worked.

·
Premium Member
14,665 Posts
So much better than this.
Perfect conditions, you can see it in the soil, came out great. Even better than just hearing about it. ;)

·
Registered
574 Posts
Finished first round of mulching, still have a coup,e of big oaks and tulip poplars with leaves to come down. Was a little dusty so I had to clean him off. This was the first time I had cleaned it since he arrived this spring. Had my bucket of soapy water ready but I had ceramic coated AE when he first arrived and just the water rinse totally cleared everything off. The filtered cab air was awesome.

View attachment 761024 View attachment 761025 View attachment 761026
I ceramic coated my new truck. I did it because it's black and I wanted to protect it against swirl marks. I bought the professional stuff through someone I know that has access to it. I can't believe how easy it cleans up. It gets road film in light rain. Then when it rains hard and gets driven it looks like I just washed it. The stuff is amazing. I am going to strip the sealant off my Corvette and do it next. The truck was a lot of work with the professional stuff so I will stick with machine sealant on my old truck. It's an 03 and still looks nearly new using that. But it's blue not black. The Vettes a convertible so it will be easier. And I have enough left to give it 2 coats. It's amazing how far that little bottle goes. I got the biggest size since it is a truck. I put 3 coats on it, The most they recommend, And still have a quarter left. I was told I didn't need the large size. But I didn't want to run out. You can't add more after 2 hours with the good stuff. But I really like it. But not enough to put it on a tractor. Even a green one. Maybe machine sealant.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Herminator

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Finished first round of mulching, still have a coup,e of big oaks and tulip poplars with leaves to come down. Was a little dusty so I had to clean him off. This was the first time I had cleaned it since he arrived this spring. Had my bucket of soapy water ready but I had ceramic coated AE when he first arrived and just the water rinse totally cleared everything off. The filtered cab air was awesome.

View attachment 761024 View attachment 761025 View attachment 761026
Don't you feel guilty riding around all nice and cozy when you should be living closer to nature like the rest of us with the rain and ice stinging your face as cold water leaks into your jacket and more?
What is that on the loader a mower deck?

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
I ceramic coated my new truck. I did it because it's black and I wanted to protect it against swirl marks. I bought the professional stuff through someone I know that has access to it. I can't believe how easy it cleans up. It gets road film in light rain. Then when it rains hard and gets driven it looks like I just washed it. The stuff is amazing. I am going to strip the sealant off my Corvette and do it next. The truck was a lot of work with the professional stuff so I will stick with machine sealant on my old truck. It's an 03 and still looks nearly new using that. But it's blue not black. The Vettes a convertible so it will be easier. And I have enough left to give it 2 coats. It's amazing how far that little bottle goes. I got the biggest size since it is a truck. I put 3 coats on it, The most they recommend, And still have a quarter left. I was told I didn't need the large size. But I didn't want to run out. You can't add more after 2 hours with the good stuff. But I really like it. But not enough to put it on a tractor. Even a green one. Maybe machine sealant.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
Does it protect against turkey poop? One of the wild bunch likes to poop on my jeep hood no other vehicles just the jeep

Reactions: PJR832 and mark02tj

·
Registered
574 Posts
Does it protect against turkey poop? One of the wild bunch likes to poop on my jeep hood no other vehicles just the jeep
I don't know. But regular bird poop comes right off. Bugs as well.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
574 Posts
I'm gonna try it out. How long does it last?
It depends what you get. First if it comes in a plastic bottle it is not ceramic coating no matter what they call it. Car Pro Cquartz 3.0 is supposedly the best one you can buy at the consumer level. Amazon has it. It supposedly lasts about 5 years. The professional stuff lasts about 10 years. Be sure you watch some videos on how to apply it. If you make a mistake it will be a problem. The time window for each step is short and critical. Put the brand name in youtube and there are a lot of videos on how to apply it. If you have a good buffer machine sealants are another good choice and easier to remove if needed.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
It depends what you get. First if it comes in a plastic bottle it is not ceramic coating no matter what they call it. Car Pro Cquartz 3.0 is supposedly the best one you can buy at the consumer level. Amazon has it. It supposedly lasts about 5 years. The professional stuff lasts about 10 years. Be sure you watch some videos on how to apply it. If you make a mistake it will be a problem. The time window for each step is short and critical. Put the brand name in youtube and there are a lot of videos on how to apply it. If you have a good buffer machine sealants are another good choice and easier to remove if needed.
maybe I'll stick to the sealants then they seem to do a fine job and no problems. Thanks for the info

Reactions: duramaxsky

·
Registered
145 Posts
Cleaned up and took down about 100 feet of barbed wire fencing that was entangled with sticker bushes and poison ivy... the av20 grapple did very well!

Before and after pics
20201107_163506.jpg
20201107_163450.jpg
20201107_090850.jpg
20201107_111101.jpg

·
Registered
2,846 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
I got around to wiring up the chute deflector linear motor I put on my SB1164 a few weeks back. Here is what I came up with. I ended up pulling the power from my lights circuit, so I have to have the lights on for the snow blower to move. I know it is the lazy way but the wires were already back there with a fuse and on a switch. Currently, my lights are running 19 amps. So I swapped out 3 of the 5 lights to LEDs and dropped it to 10 amps. I am still running halogens in my front headlights as the LEDs I bought cast a star pattern. I will need to get something different for those sockets. My linear actuator runs at .3 amps down and .5 amps up so I think I have plenty of room. The advertised stall amps is 3 amps. I have not tested the amps on my rotator motor yet but I am guessing it will be significantly more.

To take the switch box off I simply loosen the RAM mount and unplug the connector shown. I am gong to mount another RAM ball on the snow blower to mount the switch box to when in storage. That will keep all of the wires out of the way and keep the box from falling on the concrete floor and breaking.

I used a project box to mount my DPDT switches to electrically actuate my snow blower. I mounted the project box on the generic RAM mount sold on Amazon. I put it just in front of the cup holder on the right side. I had to remove a safety sticker to make room. Rubbing alcohol was the best way to remove the adhesive.
IMG_20201108_214828480.jpg

IMG_20201108_214838696.jpg

It unplugs easily with this plug.

IMG_20201108_214859140.jpg

This is what it will look like in the summer.

IMG_20201108_215301242.jpg

I will upload a few more photos once I get the windshield wiper motor wired up for rotating the chute.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Recycled concrete anyone??? 2 truckloads for the base on my new section of driveway in front of new garage.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Well this is mostly finished... I ran out of time tonight.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,053 Posts
Maybe adding gravel dust to lock in?

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Not much tractor time until Zeta rolled through. Me, the 2032r and MX8800 have gotten a workout helping clean up the neighborhood.

Our yard wasn't too terribly bad, but this wasn't that great

Didn't have power for four days, I told Mrs. Bubber that they could feed us from the other direction and she laughed. When they finally got to us, they did just that and we had power in under an hour.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Not much tractor time until Zeta rolled through. Me, the 2032r and MX8800 have gotten a workout helping clean up the neighborhood.

View attachment 761660

View attachment 761662

Our yard wasn't too terribly bad, but this wasn't that great

View attachment 761661

Didn't have power for four days, I told Mrs. Bubber that they could feed us from the other direction and she laughed. When they finally got to us, they did just that and we had power in under an hour.
I'd love to have one of those gadgets but they are so expensive!

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Got to put the backhoe and Ken's hooks to use this morning. Crossed over the 50 hr mark too.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
50 hours! Wow!! I just rolled past 80 on mine guess its time to trade it in on a new one:)
Yesterday I was pulling up T posts and found one that i could not pull up with the loader. I had to push it back and forth before iit would come out and this was in soft wet soil which surprised me. Did you pull it out with the loader or are just transporting it with the loader?

6701 - 6720 of 6790 Posts