Green Tractor Talk banner

6721 - 6740 of 6790 Posts

·
Registered
2032r
143 Posts
50 hours! Wow!! I just rolled past 80 on mine guess its time to trade it in on a new one:)
Yesterday I was pulling up T posts and found one that i could not pull up with the loader. I had to push it back and forth before iit would come out and this was in soft wet soil which surprised me. Did you pull it out with the loader or are just transporting it with the loader?
Just transporting it. Everything below the top plate of the bucket was underground so it was definitely a job for the backhoe.

T-posts have always surprised me with how difficult they can be to remove. There were some on our place the previous owners had set that I had failed to pull with the loader and the 3 point. They were the first things to go when the backhoe showed up

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,665 Posts
Today was cleaning the chicken house and feeding the horses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Just transporting it. Everything below the top plate of the bucket was underground so it was definitely a job for the backhoe.

T-posts have always surprised me with how difficult they can be to remove. There were some on our place the previous owners had set that I had failed to pull with the loader and the 3 point. They were the first things to go when the backhoe showed up

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
That was the first time a T post fought back hard for me. Usually you just wiggle them a bit and they pull out but not this time.
That was a nice trophy stump :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Was pretty busy Saturday. Mowed the septic mound. Its covered in wildflowers and I try to mow it before it starts snowing in the winter. Cut some firewood. I dont know the weight of the oak log but it was all the tractor could lift. Then cleared some area in the woods that I am converting to grass.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Was pretty busy Saturday. Mowed the septic mound. Its covered in wildflowers and I try to mow it before it starts snowing in the winter. Cut some firewood. I dont know the weight of the oak log but it was all the tractor could lift. Then cleared some area in the woods that I am converting to grass.
View attachment 762049
View attachment 762050
View attachment 762051
View attachment 762052
Looks like a nice dense piece of oak would make some nice boards or flooring. My whole house is floored with oak i was gonna sell for fire wood. An ole friend said I should bring it over to his lumber mill and he would cut it up then run it through a moulder set up for flooring so i went for it. I've got a very large big leaf maple thats gonna fall soon and when it does it ..aT LEAST PART OF IT, WILL ALSO BECOME FLOORING.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Looks like a nice dense piece of oak would make some nice boards or flooring. My whole house is floored with oak i was gonna sell for fire wood. An ole friend said I should bring it over to his lumber mill and he would cut it up then run it through a moulder set up for flooring so i went for it. I've got a very large big leaf maple thats gonna fall soon and when it does it ..aT LEAST PART OF IT, WILL ALSO BECOME FLOORING.
I thought about trying to sell it but ultimately just decided to cut it up as. I actually have about 6 logs this size but those are more seasoned.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
I thought about trying to sell it but ultimately just decided to cut it up as. I actually have about 6 logs this size but those are more seasoned.
Makes great flooring as long as they don't sit in the weather too long. Well maybe not, Art, the sawmill guy, said the staining from the microbial growth adds character to the wood and he may be right. He moved on a couple of years ago and his saw mill, everything was sold off. Here he is in his creation. Someone gave him some early model A engine parts so he built the rest. Parts he couldn't find cheap he built in his machine shop foundary and wood shop. No help all solo. I took this picture one year when he was in a parade and here he is waiting for it to start.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Makes great flooring as long as they don't sit in the weather too long. Well maybe not, Art, the sawmill guy, said the staining from the microbial growth adds character to the wood and he may be right. He moved on a couple of years ago and his saw mill, everything was sold off. Here he is in his creation. Someone gave him some early model A engine parts so he built the rest. Parts he couldn't find cheap he built in his machine shop foundary and wood shop. No help all solo. I took this picture one year when he was in a parade and here he is waiting for it to start.
I'm sorry to hear that. That is a really neat model A. I am really drawn to people that have innovative skills like that.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that. That is a really neat model A. I am really drawn to people that have innovative skills like that.
This guy was amazing nothing stopped him. You can learn a lot from people like him. He was 85 in the picture. Don't know who the guy is standing on the other side of the car likely just someone that noticed the unusual car and came over to chat.

·
Registered
481 Posts
so your gonna concrete over the rock? Doesn't look like its packed very well
If you can see in the second photo where the Expedition is sitting, that is a very small pea gravel that is on top of the recycled concrete to pack it in. I will let it sit for a few months before I cover it with the pea gravel to try and pack down some of the large recycled so it will get a nice hard pack from the compactor that I have after the pea gravel is added.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
If you can see in the second photo where the Expedition is sitting, that is a very small pea gravel that is on top of the recycled concrete to pack it in. I will let it sit for a few months before I cover it with the pea gravel to try and pack down some of the large recycled so it will get a nice hard pack from the compactor that I have after the pea gravel is added.
So first the recycled concrete and let it sit for months then cover with pea gravel which fills in the spaces and makes a nice flat hard surfaCE THAT CAN PASS WATER? rIGHT?...sOUNDS GREAT I MAY TRY IT ON MY OLD DRIVEWAY WHICH HAS 1944 CONCRETE KINDA DECOMPOSING anyway. Sorry for cap lock key. I like the idea of a surface that will pass water.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Wife wanted a new washer and dryer. The 2025R made moving the old washer a dryer out a breeze.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
And all I did was reshim the fuel tank on the 2520 - need to add 5mm to the angled bolt length to add 3/8" of washers; verify the PTO shaft for the SB is proper length after cutting it yesterday, and the hydraulic rotate and deflect cylinders and spools installed over the summer are primed and nominal.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Wife wanted a new washer and dryer. The 2025R made moving the old washer a dryer out a breeze.

How did you get the tractor into the house to get the washer and dryer out?

·
Registered
911 Posts
We’re from WV originally. We just keep them hooked up on the front porch!!!! Figured i’d beat you guys to the punch!!!

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
We’re from WV originally. We just keep them hooked up on the front porch!!!!
Right next to the couch and the fridge, I bet!! :)

My folks (and extended family) were also from WV. I can remember some of my relatives being excited about having indoor plumbing!!

·
Premium Member
14,665 Posts

·
Registered
2,846 Posts

:ROFLMAO::giggle:....over 20,000 dollars spent to move an old washer and dryer you could have done with a furniture dolly or hand truck for maybe fifty dollars......I like the logic, I apply it every chance i get. Bought another $500 dollar chain saw to cut up falls a job all my other saws could do almost as well even the 60 year old Homelite. I have five chain saws and use one of them maybe for two hours each year thats it. I use elelectricity or pellets for heat.

The truth is these itty bitty tractors are turning into what they called, a jack of all trades, in the old days. They can do anything! And if they fail to deliver no problem qwe just buy another itty bitty tractor to get er done

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
How did you get the tractor into the house to get the washer and dryer out?
Thats easy. He lifted it up with the loader then stuck a couple of 2x4's under it to keep it up while he went in with the itty bitty tractor and took them out.:)

6721 - 6740 of 6790 Posts