Green Tractor Talk banner
7321 - 7340 of 7424 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
Need to put some more dirt down near the end but roughly established an area to plant some bushes, plants, azela's maybe. I'll leave the what to plant up to my wife. Wife had fun hauling dirt in the Honda pioneer.

PXL_20210710_184647909.jpg

PXL_20210710_204230558.jpg

PXL_20210710_204420271.jpg

·
Registered
2032R, 220R MSL, 270B
72 Posts
Took out a tree myself, right in the line for the footer drain and leaning towards the house

Don't love how it opened up the end of the house, but Mrs Native will figure out something to plant there and hoping the pecan/hickory will branch out into the new space

Had to work to drag it out of the hole, but the forks made short work taking it back to the pile

Now hand digging the trench across the gas line

·
Registered
25,956 Posts
Don't love how it opened up the end of the house, but Mrs Native will figure out something to plant there and hoping the pecan/hickory will branch out into the new space
I’ve lived in the deep forest most of my adult life and will tell you that it isn’t a bad thing to leave some space for the sun to hit your house here and there.

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
I found a yellow jacket nest, got hit 3 times. After dark I will strike back
They got me twice. But I got them back a little bit ago. Gas works best. No need to light it. Just pour it down the demon hole

PXL_20210711_014309721.jpg

·
Registered
131 Posts
They got me twice. But I got them back a little bit ago. Gas works best. No need to light it. Just pour it down the demon hole

View attachment 794733
I used pyrethrin, the whole was next to a tree I didn't want to risk.

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
I used pyrethrin, the whole was next to a tree I didn't want to risk.
I still have to find the second nest. Didn't see it tonight. I may have buried it. I'll investigate tomorrow. The first nest nest got me a couple times but the second one had a different kind of venom, right hand is swelled up big time.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I still have to find the second nest. Didn't see it tonight. I may have buried it. I'll investigate tomorrow. The first nest nest got me a couple times but the second one had a different kind of venom, right hand is swelled up big time.
Good luck.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Whole = hole. I can't type.
My nest was near a pine that would be big problem to remove. Hopefully I got them.

I don't worry about myself, but we have family with serious allergies.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Can you explain that, please? I have a frame with forks that quickly attaches to my loader (after I remove the bucket). Is that what you mean?
Yes

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
Planted 3 Japanese Holly s and 2 dwarf crepe Myrtle type shrubs. Called midnight magic? Still need a large bush at the end and some monkey grass lining the front of the entire landscape bed. Home depot or Lowes didn't have it so wife is going by the local nursery to find.

PXL_20210711_212134911.jpg

PXL_20210711_212104897.jpg

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
I truly believe if you only buy one thing for a tractor it must be a proper fork attachment. Not bucket forks.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
bucket forks will get you in serious trouble eventually they are dangerous

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Hope you get better soon. Love the shrubs. Just showed the wife, she wants some. Will these grow well in NE PA?

Thanks Allen.

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
Will these grow well in NE PA?
According to everything I've read it thrives in the south. Not so much up north.

·
Premium Member
Tator
16,198 Posts
Beautiful place @Big

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
Might have to watch that. Sometimes the effect is cumulative. I had an Uncle who was a bee keeper and over time develop sensitivity to being stung. Finally had to give it up when one sting would basically put him on the road to the ER. That was before epipens were available.

• Wow
Reactions: Big and PJR832

·
Registered
631 Posts
Can you explain that, please? I have a frame with forks that quickly attaches to my loader (after I remove the bucket). Is that what you mean?
I think what he was getting at was the difference between -
Bucket forks:

Loader forks:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Blew some leaves!

I was lucky enough to find a used (practically new) blower for my fight against leaves. I put it on the deere and fired it up. Talk about some airflow. I really want to use it behind my other little orange tractor but the shaft that came with it is too long. I don't want to cut it since it works on the deere. I figure I might as well buy a short shaft to be able to use the spreader and the blower on the orange one. The 3032e handles it well. They say it needs 20 pto hp. My (forgive me) kubota has about 17 so we will see if it can run it. I prefer to use that tractor in the yard as it has no loader and turf tires as opposed to the deere. If it can't, then maybe I can find a set of turfs for the 3032e.

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
Blew some leaves!
View attachment 794965
I was lucky enough to find a used (practically new) blower for my fight against leaves. I put it on the deere and fired it up. Talk about some airflow. I really want to use it behind my other little orange tractor but the shaft that came with it is too long. I don't want to cut it since it works on the deere. I figure I might as well buy a short shaft to be able to use the spreader and the blower on the orange one. The 3032e handles it well. They say it needs 20 pto hp. My (forgive me) kubota has about 17 so we will see if it can run it. I prefer to use that tractor in the yard as it has no loader and turf tires as opposed to the deere. If it can't, then maybe I can find a set of turfs for the 3032e.
At PTO speed I'll bet that really puts out a blast of air.

I'll also bet your Kubota will be fine with it. It might or might not be able to turn it full speed but you should still get a lot of air moving.

7321 - 7340 of 7424 Posts