Green Tractor Talk banner
7341 - 7360 of 7424 Posts

·
Registered
25,956 Posts
Blew some leaves!
View attachment 794965
I was lucky enough to find a used (practically new) blower for my fight against leaves. I put it on the deere and fired it up. Talk about some airflow. I really want to use it behind my other little orange tractor but the shaft that came with it is too long. I don't want to cut it since it works on the deere. I figure I might as well buy a short shaft to be able to use the spreader and the blower on the orange one. The 3032e handles it well. They say it needs 20 pto hp. My (forgive me) kubota has about 17 so we will see if it can run it. I prefer to use that tractor in the yard as it has no loader and turf tires as opposed to the deere. If it can't, then maybe I can find a set of turfs for the 3032e.
I agree with TreeFarmer - bet that thing really moves some air!

First thing I though when seeing your pic is half my gravel would be in the woods....

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yes it blows gravel well. I only have a small part of drive that is gravel. I have been using a little wonder 8hp walk behind and a large redmax backpack. I was tired of putting blower in bucket, in front of mower, etc. It has taken about a year to find a used blower for the right price. I was about ready to buy a new agrimetal blower. I did some research and found that the impeller design of those style is actually a bigger drag on pto and they are belt driven. Performance on those is substantially less when using on a sub 40hp tractor. The buffalo is a turbine design using direct gearbox 7:1. By my calcs, its around 10k-11k cfm and airspeed varied from 160 to 180 mph. It was hard to get a solid reading. I may not have a huge property, but with 60+ mature trees, I have a huge battle every year. I was almost sold on a cyclone rake as neighbors have them. But I have the woods area to blow them into and then do not have to handle the multiple trips and unloading of leaves. I will upload a video as soon as the fall leaf season starts. And yes I did consider the tkv20. I was able to buy blower for much less. I know their production costs have increased but the quote was getting up there. If I didnt have a spot to blow them then I would have gone that route.

·
Registered
25,956 Posts
Yes it blows gravel well. I only have a small part of drive that is gravel. I have been using a little wonder 8hp walk behind and a large redmax backpack. I was tired of putting blower in bucket, in front of mower, etc. It has taken about a year to find a used blower for the right price. I was about ready to buy a new agrimetal blower. I did some research and found that the impeller design of those style is actually a bigger drag on pto and they are belt driven. Performance on those is substantially less when using on a sub 40hp tractor. The buffalo is a turbine design using direct gearbox 7:1. By my calcs, its around 10k-11k cfm and airspeed varied from 160 to 180 mph. It was hard to get a solid reading. I may not have a huge property, but with 60+ mature trees, I have a huge battle every year. I was almost sold on a cyclone rake as neighbors have them. But I have the woods area to blow them into and then do not have to handle the multiple trips and unloading of leaves. I will upload a video as soon as the fall leaf season starts. And yes I did consider the tkv20. I was able to buy blower for much less. I know their production costs have increased but the quote was getting up there. If I didnt have a spot to blow them then I would have gone that route.
Very nice solution.

I only have 6 acres bit it is 90% woods of 80’-100’ trees - a lot of oak. The leaves never bothered me for the last 20 years ago but now that I have a lot of it cleared now I can’t stand them.

I live along a small river and could blow them all over the bank if I wanted. I am close to buying a Cyclone Rake but as you said there would be a lot of hauling and dumping to put the leaves where I want.

I really don’t think I could dump over the bank (10’ high and almost vertical) with the Cyclone Rake. Would probably have to dump along the edge and push them over with the loader.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
I didn't really conquer anything with my MCUT today, but I did put on my "new" box blade.

View attachment 795115
(y)
Thats obscene!.....A green tractor without a spec of dirt...........Geezz..maybe if ytou shovel somef dirt on it it will allow you to mount up .

She sure is purtty though

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
(y)
Thats obscene!.....A green tractor without a spec of dirt...........Geezz..maybe if ytou shovel somef dirt on it it will allow you to mount up .

She sure is purtty though
I don't see any dirt in the background. How is he going to get it dirty?

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
I don't see any dirt in the background. How is he going to get it dirty?

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
geez...your right i must be blind as well as deef to have missed that!.......kinda like a barbeque without beer.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
About a month ago, I dragged some dead trees to a guy's burn pile for him. Last weekend, I loaded up about 15 or so large dump trailer loads of dirt for a neighbor. Like I said in another post, I don't really need a tractor, but I sure like having one.
Well said they are handy.

·
Premium Member
JD 2038R(x2 rear SCV, 3rd function), 220R Ldr, IMatch, RC2048, Pallet Forks, AV20H Grapple
131 Posts
Reactions: Guja0501 and PJR832

·
Premium Member
JD 2038R(x2 rear SCV, 3rd function), 220R Ldr, IMatch, RC2048, Pallet Forks, AV20H Grapple
131 Posts
Last week was on vacation with the family. While on vacation my son-in-law and I did some inshore fishing. We hooked 12, landed 7 in the boat

Replaced the shear bolt on my bush hog (the third one in a month) and re-cut the areas I did last month to keep them down.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Nice jack! Thats in my top 3 favorite fish to catch, especially when im in the kayak.

Last week was on vacation with the family. While on vacation my son-in-law and I did some inshore fishing. We hooked 12, landed 7 in the boat View attachment 795738 .

Replaced the shear bolt on my bush hog (the third one in a month) and re-cut the areas I did last month to keep them down.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Nice jack! Thats in my top 3 favorite fish to catch, especially when im in the kayak.
That's one of the first of those we landed and the smallest!!! We went with Captain Garrett of Miss Judy's fishing charters out of Savannah. Every time we go to Tybee I charter with them and have never had a bad time. It's like fishing with family.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Decided to pull some posts today. Had some heavy rain and the ground was soft. Six had bluebird houses. As I went down the row verifying no one was in there I pulled out old nests. The houses were old and falling apart so it was time. I got to the last one in line and as I reached for the door 2 birds flew out. I left that one in place, the other five came down. Also pulled up two 4x4 I had used for a rug rack along with a 10' pipe between them. Then I went around to the 20' 4x4 I had with a bat house on it. A woodpecker had done a breaking and entering a few years ago and never had a bat in it. All the posts but the rug rack had concrete, what a PITA to clean up. I used a lifting strap and Ken's Bolt On Hooks to pull the posts. The strap was just long enough to wrap twice around the post. It worked great. I had chains handy if that didn't work well. I plan to put posts and new Bluebird houses up again for spring. not that I get a lot of Bluebirds, but they are usually occupied by someone. No concrete next time around, just longer posts and deeper holes. Maybe I'll have time to make the birdhouses myself. That would be a nice change.

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
Cut up and moved a dang gum tree that had fallen into the field. Big tree- a 24" bar wouldn't reach all the way through on the main part of the trunk. Thought about dragging the logs out but the local mills probably wouldn't pay enough to cover the gas to haul them as nobody cuts railroad ties in this area so the whole mess is in the woods.

A grapple is a game changer for this type stuff. Except for a very few little sticks, I didn't pick up anything by hand and moved all the brush and most of the logs to the brush pile in a couple of hours. Without the grapple, I would have left the tree in the field for a much cooler day. Now it's gone and out of the way.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Cut up and moved a dang gum tree that had fallen into the field. Big tree- a 24" bar wouldn't reach all the way through on the main part of the trunk. Thought about dragging the logs out but the local mills probably wouldn't pay enough to cover the gas to haul them as nobody cuts railroad ties in this area so the whole mess is in the woods.

A grapple is a game changer for this type stuff. Except for a very few little sticks, I didn't pick up anything by hand and moved all the brush and most of the logs to the brush pile in a couple of hours. Without the grapple, I would have left the tree in the field for a much cooler day. Now it's gone and out of the way.
I've also found the grapple and pallet forks make disposing of fallen trees a cinch.

7341 - 7360 of 7424 Posts