Green Tractor Talk banner
8001 - 8020 of 8071 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
45,891 Posts
And how long are you going to keep telling me that? Every time I post here? You really think the 1025R guys would enjoy that comparison?? I’ve got more friends from that forum alone than the whole site since I started and I’ve got too much respect for them to post something like that there. Frankly I’m tired of people continually rubbing it in my face that I have a misfit tractor that doesn’t fit into any categories. Just drop it already and let me enjoy my tractor. Please
Kbar I know how you feel, when we were trading in our JD 650 for the 2320 EVERYONE told me I had to go to the 2520 or 2720. IMO, I made the right choice.

·
Registered
15,986 Posts
Kbar I know how you feel, when we were trading in our JD 650 for the 2320 EVERYONE told me I had to go to the 2520 or 2720. IMO, I made the right choice.
But, if you (like me) would have made the jump to a 2520, we wouldn't have to wonder about that damn drive shaft.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
45,891 Posts
But, if you (like me) would have made the jump to a 2520, we wouldn't have to wonder about that damn drive shaft.
True but the 2320 is a better built tractor IMO.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
And how long are you going to keep telling me that? Every time I post here? You really think the 1025R guys would enjoy that comparison?? I’ve got more friends from that forum alone than the whole site since I started and I’ve got too much respect for them to post something like that there. Frankly I’m tired of people continually rubbing it in my face that I have a misfit tractor that doesn’t fit into any categories. Just drop it already and let me enjoy my tractor. Please
How is it a misfit? I think it's the perfect size for a home owner.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Reactions: PJR832 and Gizmo2

·
Registered
174 Posts
Finally used the forks for more than moving limbs, moved the beer fridge(which just stocks pop) from the garage to the basement. Figured it would work less in the AC/heated basement. I was waiting until my other implements showed up to use as ballast which one has but the dealer is waiting on the other to come in before delivering so I filled up my 45 gallon sprayer to the max and left the mower deck on, I don't think the fridge weighs that much anyway. Glad to have the forks.

Plant Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread

·
Registered
27,859 Posts
Finally used the forks for more than moving limbs, moved the beer fridge(which just stocks pop) from the garage to the basement. Figured it would work less in the AC/heated basement. I was waiting until my other implements showed up to use as ballast which one has but the dealer is waiting on the other to come in before delivering so I filled up my 45 gallon sprayer to the max and left the mower deck on, I don't think the fridge weighs that much anyway. Glad to have the forks.

View attachment 850248
Good for you! Any ballast is better than no ballast. At least it was on your mind.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Had to get a little creative to make a neighbors 6ft roto-tiller fit on my QH. The pins are narrower than will fit in the QH and as he uses it for his tractor, we did not want to make permanent changes. Could not use the adapters the "normal" way as it was still too narrow.

Road surface Asphalt Bumper Gas Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Bicycle tire Wood Motor vehicle Bicycle part

Automotive tire Tread Road surface Tire Asphalt

Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Wood Grass

·
Premium Member
Tator
17,306 Posts
Had to get a little creative to make a neighbors 6ft roto-tiller fit on my QH
Why not just take the QH off and hook it up?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Today I received the 60D stands from Mudd’s Customs.

It fits perfectly with the side adjustments. Now I can store the deck vertically.

·
Registered
2022 John Deere 3038E
22 Posts
As I was clearing and leveling out an area to park trailers and implements last night, I uncovered some buried concrete blocks. Was a little work digging them out but amazed at what this 3038E can handle. She has 10 hours on her and I'm starting to get used to how she handles.

Plant Plant community Natural landscape Terrestrial plant Twig

Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

Plant Green Slope Grass Fence

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Neighbor had a little tree fall in storm yesterday thanks to kens hooks straps and shackles removing it was easy
Plant Tire Plant community Wheel Tree
Tire Green Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle
Sky Plant Plant community Green Building

Sent from md

·
Registered
289 Posts
Saturday I got to spend all day with my 2025R and my Stihl Wood Boss.

Here's the result:
Plant Natural landscape Terrestrial plant Land lot Wood

Here's a slightly different angle.
Plant Sky Ecoregion Cloud Natural landscape

After I took the pictures I moved the rounds to the trees by the top left of the pictures.

I don't have before pictures (I have a before video that I'm working to create a "before and after" video) but basically I reclaimed all of the area that the tractor was sitting in from blackberry bushes and juvenile cottonwood trees. I cut the juvenile trees a foot or two from the ground then removed the "stumps" with the backhoe. There are two cottonwood logs in the picture with the larger log in the back where you can see a section I cut/broke off with the tractor. The rounds are from the second log which was small enough for me to move with the tractor before cutting. The first one remains too large to move with the tractor and is about 50% buried. To the right of the tractor is the old burn pile which I discovered (okay, probably re-discovered) has trash like styrofoam in it.

There's still a small stand of juvenile cottonwoods behind the trash pile. I counted about 20 trees of various widths (most are about an inch or two in diameter) that I'll cut down after the PNW heat wave is over this week.

I need to be done by August 5th because that's when my tree guy comes to remove a couple of hazardous trees (outside the pictures but to the left). I'll need to have him use the excavator he's bringing to lift one log and probably have his guys cut it into manageable sections for my tractor. I'll also be piling up the juvenile trees to be shredded by him as we have a ton of waste that we cannot burn for at least a few months.

Also, I've adjusted my purchase list to move the grapple higher than the wood chipper since chippers are easy to rent. Mainly because I've found that while I can kind of create brush piles with the bucket I tend to pick up a bunch of dirt. I'm hoping the forks will allow me to pick up the brush piles while leaving the dirt I scooped up. A grapple, in my opinion at least, could do both without switching attachments.

·
Premium Member
2022 2025R Cab
254 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I love both my grapple and my chipper. If only I could teach the tractor to bend around and load the chipper itself.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 2025r 62mmm h130 af10f plow forks 62 disc ripper and a woods m5 Dixie mower
1,233 Posts
Today we started balling 2 cutting not really worth it but makes room for 3rd cutting and while I had the tractor out I toke care of my cedar tree that was falling over after last week storm
Yeah I got told to buy a 2038r but overall I think I’m more happy with my 2025r and it’s my money so I don’t care what you think

Attachments

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
8001 - 8020 of 8071 Posts