Green Tractor Talk banner

2241 - 2260 of 2284 Posts

·
Registered
8,797 Posts
That could be part of the problem. There is no lockout valve on my tractor. I was told (and have read several times) that I don’t need one. I see no leaks indicating a bad cylinder. If I need a lockout valve, then I see that as a simple fix.
It should be on the backside of the hydraulic control valve that you plugged the hoses into.

I’ve never heard of it not being required on an h2 with a plow.

·
Registered
135 Posts
It should be on the backside of the hydraulic control valve that you plugged the hoses into.

I’ve never heard of it not being required on an h2 with a plow.
Ok thanks! I questioned it myself, but it’s a first time with a plow, so just going on advice from others who are supposed to know about these things. I’ll get one and hopefully it fixes the issue.

·
Registered
8,797 Posts
Ok thanks! I questioned it myself, but it’s a first time with a plow, so just going on advice from others who are supposed to know about these things. I’ll get one and hopefully it fixes the issue.
If you don’t have one that you’re just missing I would splurge and install an auxiliary hydraulics 1/4 turn valve vs the oem. Oem is #32

The aux-hyd one is probably cheaper too.

·
Registered
8,797 Posts
I have seen those aftermarket valves. Are you confident they are of adequate quality to work as they should?
I put a delux one on my 445 and it was great for the year plus I had it. Several others here and at WFM have also had great results.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I put a delux one on my 445 and it was great for the year plus I had it. Several others here and at WFM have also had great results.
That’s great. Thanks again. I’ll get one on order.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
That’s great. Thanks again. I’ll get one on order.
Keep an eye on the screw that holds the turn valve. I had one of those and lost the screw and knob.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
I have seen those aftermarket valves. Are you confident they are of adequate quality to work as they should?
My x758 didn't come with a lockout as I don't believe any do. I purchased the HD lockout valve for loader applications since I wasn't sure if I would purchase a CTC loader down the road. While I would have been happier with a 1/4 turn valve, I won't be removing mine to replace it. Any time my deck comes off, the lockout is closed fully, regardless of the plow being installed.

·
Registered
368 Posts
My x758 didn't come with a lockout as I don't believe any do. I purchased the HD lockout valve for loader applications since I wasn't sure if I would purchase a CTC loader down the road. While I would have been happier with a 1/4 turn valve, I won't be removing mine to replace it. Any time my deck comes off, the lockout is closed fully, regardless of the plow being installed.
The lockout valve is included with the purchase of the 54" blade and 4 way hydraulics. I believe it's also included with the snow blower.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
The lockout valve is included with the purchase of the 54" blade and 4 way hydraulics. I believe it's also included with the snow blower.
I didn't buy my setup from a dealer, I pieced together my QH and original blade from others. I didn't even realize the lockout comes with each of those.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I didn't buy my setup from a dealer, I pieced together my QH and original blade from others. I didn't even realize the lockout comes with each of those.
Same for me. I purchased my blade and QH second hand, and that’s where the misinformation came from regarding the valve.

My Auxiliary valve came yesterday but I haven’t had a chance to install it. I’ll update when I do and if it resolves my issue.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Same for me. I purchased my blade and QH second hand, and that’s where the misinformation came from regarding the valve.

My Auxiliary valve came yesterday but I haven’t had a chance to install it. I’ll update when I do and if it resolves my issue.
Any luck after the install of the valve?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Any luck after the install of the valve?
I have not had the chance to install the valve. With the holidays and all that I’ve been somewhat sidetracked.

·
Registered
21,563 Posts
The x475 got a workout yesterday. We had about 14” of heavy wet snow, but I had cleaned up the first 6” from most of the driveway the night before.

Nicely shot video!

man oh man you get a bank of snow where you meet the road!

·
Registered
8,797 Posts
Nicely shot video!

man oh man you get a bank of snow where you meet the road!
Yes I do. There are 4 traffic lanes, and I’m about 50’ from the intersection with a 5 lane road. It wouldn’t be 1/2 as difficult to clear if it wasn’t saturated with salt. No matter what type of snow the sky delivers it’s extra soaked out there.

2241 - 2260 of 2284 Posts