Green Tractor Talk banner

2301 - 2307 of 2307 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Busy day (all at home). Mowed, set up for and painted the project bike (1978 GoldWing) side covers, shelter covers, radiator scoops and rear shelter garnish. Tilled the garden (3rd time, dry enough this time). Washed the tiller off and after putting the tractors away pulled the carbuetor from the old 216 (tiller tractor) so the new one that is due this week can go right on. After changing clothes, watched the Barber Gand Prix of Alabama iRace.

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
I didn’t get pictures. Hindsight is 20/20. I did remove the blower from my x475 but left the weights and chains. Then i unloaded a kubota TG1860 that was doa. The 420 was able to pick it up although it did dig holes trying to back uphill with the orange one in the air. I got off the seat once and the rears lifted about 3” until the kubota rears actually settled.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Gt the roller out today,hopefully I can do the lawn on Tuesday.
IMG_3274.jpg

·
Registered
27 Posts
Decided it was time to swap out the snowblower for the mower deck. Put the blower on wheels...easy to move around in the shop. Was going to change the oil before putting mower deck on, but didn't have a filter. Ugh. Did get everything greased and changed the fuel filter.

Had trouble getting the deck level...noticed the arms to raise and lower the deck are at slightly different angles (see picture). I was able to get it level...one adjuster is all the way out, the other is all the way in. At least it's level.

View attachment 731393

View attachment 731394
In regards to the leveling of the deck, I have about the same issues as you. Deck was set at 2.5". Front left side was at 2", back left was at 3.5". 0 threads showing on the adjustment bolt on the left side. Front right was at 3" and back right was at 4.5". What I noticed on mine was that someone installed about 5-6 washers between that adjustment head and the cresent shaped piece on each side. I thought about unhooking the silver U shaped bracket from the black bracket and moving it to the other predrilled hole about 2 inches forward. However, I think once you raise the deck for transport, it will hit the frame bracket. I had to crank the front bracket on the left side a bunch to bring the left front up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Decided it was time to swap out the snowblower for the mower deck. Put the blower on wheels...easy to move around in the shop. Was going to change the oil before putting mower deck on, but didn't have a filter. Ugh. Did get everything greased and changed the fuel filter.

Had trouble getting the deck level...noticed the arms to raise and lower the deck are at slightly different angles (see picture). I was able to get it level...one adjuster is all the way out, the other is all the way in. At least it's level.

I just saw threads back from 2015 and 2016 (google level x758 deck) where John Deere came out with PIP 14MX241 to address this. It seems that the Rockshaft, bushings, and lift arms have to be replaced. This was an issue from the manufacturing process. When you look it up on JD parts, you can see the old part number and the new. In fact, they have had 3 reiterations of the rh lift arms. I just bought mine a 2013 with 192 hours on it, so it is about $220 just in parts to fix.

2301 - 2307 of 2307 Posts