Green Tractor Talk banner

2341 - 2358 of 2358 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just a few post-delivery tidbits on my x7 series.
I lowered the the front tire pressures from 30+ to 15, rears from 20+ to 10. So much for dealer prep...rode like a bucking bronco.
Found the fuel filter bracket bent outwards quite a bit - the inlet hose was actually rubbing on the edge of the floorboard and the hood would hit the housing on the way down. Disassembled and bent the bracket flat on the hydraulic press. All better now.
While on that project I noticed a hose running below the frame that was routed tightly on top of another hose's worm gear style clamp. The problem is it's resting on the sharp excess 'band' and pretty sure it would rub or cut through with all the vibration at some point. No slack to reroute the hose, I guess I could have re-positioned the clamp to a different orientation but in the end I had some thick rubber mat material and just made a protective collar for it and tiewrapped it in place.
Found there is no PTO drive shaft 'hanger' on my deck. Ordered one.
Rear gage wheels have grease fittings pointed outwards.
That's what I love about buying new - no problems to deal with :rolleyes:

·
Registered
240 Posts
This is when I start to think I no longer need a garden. The poor 758 is not really designed for this and I have a pretty steep hill to climb to get back to the house. We have gone from too wet to dry enough for me to feel the need to haul water for my strawberries. My time could be better spent on something else
3DBFD391-73E6-4B01-9DD3-E648E229BC74.jpeg

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Got the curl lockout valve today for the 45 loader. A day early delivery,installed early.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Another lawn cart of cedar chip from the 1026R and Woodlands Mills WC46 chipper, at this pace, I should be done with the piles of tree trimmings in another week weather permitting.

·
Registered
103 Posts
It wasn't today, but I'm playing catch-up here! Last weekend my father-in-law and I tore down the front of the 425 and replaced the water pump gaskets and pump that were slowly leaking when I got it. While we were at it, we also replaced the thermostat and exhaust manifold gaskets, and did an oil change. The only maintenance thing left on my list is to do a hydro fluid change on it.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Another trailer load of chips and 3 plus hours mowing the grass/weeds with the 445.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Can't remember where I read about mulch kits and how often you clean your deck, but I had mine off yesterday to put the tiller on and now that the spring moisture
IMG_3409.jpg
is out of the grass and soil the deck stays clean. The last I cleaned it was a month ago.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Can't remember where I read about mulch kits and how often you clean your deck, but I had mine off yesterday to put the tiller on and now that the spring moisture View attachment 743885 is out of the grass and soil the deck stays clean. The last I cleaned it was a month ago.
You are having better luck with yours than I am. I cleaned it before I mowed just a couple days ago and it is packed with grass once again. I also noticed that it didn’t cut the grass in some areas like it should. Especially the left side of the deck where that partial baffle blocks it. I think mine is coming off until fall.
Do you mow more often than usual with the mulch kit on?

Reactions: kevindarrah1969

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
You are having better luck with yours than I am. I cleaned it before I mowed just a couple days ago and it is packed with grass once again. I also noticed that it didn’t cut the grass in some areas like it should. Especially the left side of the deck where that partial baffle blocks it. I think mine is coming off until fall.
I haven't taken it off since I bought it. I was mowing 2 times a week but we were getting rain every couple days, now it's been once a week.

·
Registered
393 Posts
This is what happens almost every cut with mine for about the first 6 weeks of mowing... Once I get the overall height down to around 2.8-3 inch cut and only taking about an inch it stays clean for the most part.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
562 Posts
It wasn't today but I got the urdge to wash and wax the old lawn mower the other day. It had gotten so dusty from the baby chickens that shared the shed for a couple of weeks. Never thought I'd be the one out there polishing their tractor but it does look nice all shined up.

·
Registered
92 Posts
what's the process of washing the mowers? just hosing it down and wiping off? I blow mine off on the regular but I'm still developing a grimy dust layer.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I dunno about process but I used a bucket full of cashwash soap and water and a sponge. Then I rinsed with a hose and dried with a towel.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I just hose it down once or twice a year.

2341 - 2358 of 2358 Posts