Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a thread I thought to start up to hear what others have done. To start it off I brushed off some grass clippings off the mower deck. :hi:

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Around 5pm I got after the mowing, finished @ 6:15 (darn this small lawn!) and removed dust particles and grass litter from tractor, deck and engine room with Stihl BG 86 blower set @ 46% throttle. Tractor has been idle for a number of days due to running hither and thither doing stuff... Johnny Bucket Jr. goes back on tomorrow, just in case something interesting comes along to use it for.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I worked on my LT 133 I purchased over the week end for $50.00. Put air in tires to 30 psi. All the wheels/tires had like water in them or something like that. IDKW. Does any one know of this or is a common problem or trick I have not heard of yet?

I Installed a $35.00 Battery and pressure cleaned the carburetor area & linkages and Brake Assemblie at the Transaxle and at the Parking Brake. Lubed the parking brake rod and sliding/rotating lock to clutch brake pedal. Adjusted the Brake pad setting Nut at the transaxle so it would stop again because it would not stopo when I got it. Adjusted the Idle, Choke and all remainging Throttle Linkages. Got it to run at a lot higher RPM's and removed the caked and dust filled Air Filter which now needs to be replaced with another one soon and need to replace the oil and filter as well.

Still have lots to do but at least I got it running Safely for now. Still need to find a hood and few pulleys for the mower deck.

Does any one know if the LT 133 has a PTO Option for tillers and the likes?

Thank you,

N2Deere

·
Administrator
17,506 Posts
I worked on my LT 133 I purchased over the week end for $50.00. Put air in tires to 30 psi. All the wheels/tires had like water in them or something like that. IDKW. Does any one know of this or is a common problem or trick I have not heard of yet?

I Installed a $35.00 Battery and pressure cleaned the carburetor area & linkages and Brake Assemblie at the Transaxle and at the Parking Brake. Lubed the parking brake rod and sliding/rotating lock to clutch brake pedal. Adjusted the Brake pad setting Nut at the transaxle so it would stop again because it would not stopo when I got it. Adjusted the Idle, Choke and all remainging Throttle Linkages. Got it to run at a lot higher RPM's and removed the caked and dust filled Air Filter which now needs to be replaced with another one soon and need to replace the oil and filter as well.

Still have lots to do but at least I got it running Safely for now. Still need to find a hood and few pulleys for the mower deck.

Does any one know if the LT 133 has a PTO Option for tillers and the likes?

Thank you,

N2Deere
Welcome N2!
The fluid in the tires was probably added for ballast to increase stability and traction-its pretty common especially on larger tractors. Just place the stem at 12:00 when checking the air. Cant help on the PTO question.

·
Super Moderator
2,700 Posts
The LT series can not handle a tiller nor any other ground engagement implements. It's a lawn tractor. Deere doesn't even recommend a snow blower for the LT133. You can pull a cart, an aerator, a broadcast spreader, and some other small lawn care equipment and you can get a front mounted snow blade for it, but it won't handle a tiller, a moldboard plow, a rear blade. There is no 3 point hitch option nor a sleeve hitch option. You need a garden tractor for ground engaging implements. See this article:

When is a Lawn Mower a Lawn Mower? :: John Deere TechTalk – The Source for John Deere Technical Information

·
Registered
11,595 Posts
N2Deer:
You might want to check the operator's manual for tire pressure. 30 psi sounds kind of high to me.

·
Super Moderator
2,700 Posts
N2Deer:
You might want to check the operator's manual for tire pressure. 30 psi sounds kind of high to me.
Per the manual:

Front (with mower) 12 psi
Rear (with mower) 8 psi

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thank you for the warm welcome and info on Balasts.

I guess I'll start looking for a deal on a Garden Tractor now. Good Article on the diff types of mowers and tractors. :good2:

Now to go let some air out of the tires if they have not exploded already.

Does any one here have any good suggestions for a JD Garden Tractor with a 3 point hitch optionthat that can handle a decent tiller attachment and run the tiller from the tractor and not from a tiller w/it's own motor?

Preferably a used model that is slightly aged but still looks modern. I'll start looking the CL adds and get to cracking on getting this lawn tractor a new home after I get it in tip top shape.

N2Deer

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cut and splitting the wood....looks like you have some nice land. Very jealous. Two beautiful looking machines. :thumbup1gif:

·
Super Moderator
2,700 Posts
Thank you for the warm welcome and info on Balasts.

I guess I'll start looking for a deal on a Garden Tractor now. Good Article on the diff types of mowers and tractors. :good2:

Now to go let some air out of the tires if they have not exploded already.

Does any one here have any good suggestions for a JD Garden Tractor with a 3 point hitch optionthat that can handle a decent tiller attachment and run the tiller from the tractor and not from a tiller w/it's own motor?

Preferably a used model that is slightly aged but still looks modern. I'll start looking the CL adds and get to cracking on getting this lawn tractor a new home after I get it in tip top shape.

N2Deer
I would go look for a 318, 322, 330, or 332 or a 420 or a 430. Be prepare for sticker shock on the tiller attachments.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Visiting California for 2 weeks. Will have plenty of seat time when I return as it is finally raining at home.
Went to Grass Valley yesterday.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Put the belly 46C blade on the 314 & the the 42D "Dozer" blade on the 70 I today in preperation for next week's show at Chillicothe, MO. ~~ Lowell

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Drove 130 miles to a plow day near Ottumwa, IA yesterday. Picked up a future project while I was there for the best price --- free! The 68 RER even has the optional Redneck mulching kit! ~~ Lowell

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts