Green Tractor Talk banner

2161 - 2165 of 2165 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,161
Nice looking machine! I agree with you on the herky jerkys of these BH's for our types of tractors. I guess if we paid a lot more for some of the more refining capabilities of higher end units we could probably expect something a little more smooth in the hydraulic operations. Regarding your desires for a quick attach bucket and a hydraulic thumb I am with you, I would like the same for my 8B. I know that BXpanded has a quick attach for some of the JD BH's. I don't know if the 370B would have the same setup as your 375a. Backhoe Bucket Connector As far as a thumb goes I am not sure. I have a mechanical thumb from Bro-Tek but I would not buy it again with so many other options. It is even more cumbersome than other bolt on thumbs. But as you desire I want a hydraulic thumb for ease of use. Give me that and a quick attach bucket and I would be very happy.

·
Premium Member
9,675 Posts
The controls take some getting used, otherwise it’s very easy to be jerky with it, especially on raising the dipperstick,
Indeed it is!

I have another 9” bucket but as long as the 18” I’m using right now keeps working than I may not install it unless I’m trenching.
Mine came with the 9" on it and I got a 12" added. Most of what I've done is drainage and stumps so I left the 9" on. I've started cleaning pond banks so I went to the 12". The swap wasn't that bad. Two things you want handy - lots of rags or shop towels and some extra spacers.

I'd like a thumb but what they want for the fixed OEM one seems a bit high, at least for uses I would have for it.

A ripper would be great for stumps, and having that I would appreciate the quick change as well.

So far I haven't found anyone making aftermarket stuff for the 375A/385A backhoes.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I finally got tired of mowing around an old sat dish pole that I put up 15 years ago. Got Spectrum cable now, only took 10 years :) I did a real good job planting the pole, 2" heavy wall iron pipe, ten feet long with four feet in ground in a 12" hole, three feet in concrete. Did not want it defecting after aiming the sat dishes.

First bolted a u-clamp on it and chained wrapped it to the bucket teeth and tried to brute force pull it out of the ground. JD 4500/460 loader. It's got over a ton of lift so I thought, maybe. No go because I only had the four foot brush mower on back, and kept lifting a rear wheel (yes, they are filled, 600 lbs each). Too lazy to get the proper ballasting installed so just shoved it back and forth a few feet until it metal fatigued and the pipe broke off one foot down where the concrete ended. Despite being a 2" heavy walled pipe, it bent and eventually snapped off with little effort as if it was a paper clip.

Did notice I need some air in one of the front tires :) Trying to do the lift would just flatten the tire. lol.

2161 - 2165 of 2165 Posts