Green Tractor Talk banner

2461 - 2480 of 2524 Posts

·
Registered
2013 4120 eHydro, 400x, 448 backhoe
108 Posts
Bought 2 of these @ a local hydraulic hose and fitting supply store for $10 including 7% sales tax. Also available in straight or 90-degree. The hoses that EA shipped with are 3/8” NPTM, and the couplings that fit the Deere factory loader lines are 1/4” NPTF.
Finally gave this thing a short test drive. Still need to grease it and get the air bled out, but very happy so far!

·
Premium Member
12,033 Posts
Reactions: PJR832 and DBCSteve

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
Started moving the top of my hill across a bit in readiness for putting sheds up

4049M, Burder 5500 loader with 4in1 bucket and pallet forks, Hayes 6' Box Blade and Tow Hitch.
I remember previously asking about the unusual model #4049 and got an answer. Why the Burder loader. Is the JD loader not available? I am aware that AUS requires the MSL loader, but JD does have a MSL loader, which I wish I had every time I use my forks.

Dave

·
Registered
71 Posts
I remember previously asking about the unusual model #4049 and got an answer. Why the Burder loader. Is the JD loader not available? I am aware that AUS requires the MSL loader, but JD does have a MSL loader, which I wish I had every time I use my forks.

Dave
Cost and time basically. I waited 3.5 months for this tractor to arrive then get fitted with the Australian brand loader. It would have been another 3 months and a whole pant load more cash to get one with a JD loader.

It was all done through the dealer and they service/treat/warranty it like it's a JD one

4049M, Burder 5500 loader with 4in1 bucket and pallet forks, Hayes 6' Box Blade and Tow Hitch.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Today I installed the freshly-arrived box-o-goodies that I got from good ol' Kenny. Nice stuff and it is REALLY going to improve the utility of my loader bucket.

Bolt-on hooks with the shackle backing plates:

And a hitch receiver with the big backing plate that bolts into the existing bucket shipping holes:

I'm tickled with all the stuff, and glad to be able to support a forum member and an American small business!

It even has "KBOH USA" forged into the hooks!

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
I've got Kens hooks and hitch receiver on my bucket, but he would be embarrassed to publish it on his site. My bucket is a heavy duty skid steer bucket. It hardly has any paint on it, but physically, it is in top shape. I have been unable to put any bends in it and believe me, I have tried. I could not find a decent pic of the bucket after adding the hooks and receiver way back when.

Dave

·
Registered
294 Posts
Dropped a few trees to get more light to my fruit trees, & for a future barn that will house my 3039R. Some of em are being cut into firewood but, the big pines are being cut into 12' logs. I'm taking them to a local mill, to have them cut into siding, which will be on the barn, eventually.

Was such a nice day, couldn't spend it all working so, got about a dozen logs piled up, & at least that left to cut, & stack. Spent the rest of the day on 2 wheels. I'll be back at it soon enough...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Dropped a few trees to get more light to my fruit trees, & for a future barn that will house my 3039R. Some of em are being cut into firewood but, the big pines are being cut into 12' logs. I'm taking them to a local mill, to have them cut into siding, which will be on the barn, eventually.

Was such a nice day, couldn't spend it all working so, got about a dozen logs piled up, & at least that left to cut, & stack. Spent the rest of the day on 2 wheels. I'll be back at it soon enough...
What length forks do you have? Do they work well with the 3039R and can you see them from the seat? Been considering getting some for mine but am undecided on length.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,033 Posts
What length forks do you have? Do they work well with the 3039R and can you see them from the seat?
42". Just barely can see them from the seat.... most of the time.

·
Registered
294 Posts
What length forks do you have? Do they work well with the 3039R and can you see them from the seat? Been considering getting some for mine but am undecided on length.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
42". They are hard to see from the seat but, they were hard to see from the seat of a 1025 too. Like rtgt said, you can see them but, I do have to stand up, or lean to the side to get a good look. I'm glad I went with 42" forks. Have had em for a few years, & am pretty happy with them. Shorter would've been even harder to see, & I don't think there'd have been a huge advantage to longer either.

·
Registered
2020 4066R & 2021 Z530R
44 Posts
I ran 1mile to the farm and raided the chicken manure to be spread.... I grabbed one bucket for the garden back at the house. Note to self, doing so on a breezy day in an open cab tractor isnt the best decision!

I also emptied the 55gal drum of ash I save from the wood stove and took it to the garden and spread as well.

It will get tilled in this Thursday, and the a few rows of peas, carrots and turnips will go in. Taters should be here soon.... and before you know it, it will be mater, beans and melons time!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Had the 3039R back in action today. Doing a little more landscaping...lol Stretched out the legs on the 385A. Digging a footing for a large flag pole.

I have some very hard shale I was digging in. I usually say, my property puts the Rock in Rockbridge County. Have to say, I was VERY impressed with the 385A in this environment. It did better than I anticipated actually.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Unloaded some concrete from my truck, & put it out of the weather in my garage. Will be using it in the morning.

While not a tremendous amount of weight, it is in excess of 1,200 lbs. There's 15, 80lb bags on that pallet.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Unloaded some concrete from my truck, & put it out of the weather in my garage. Will be using it in the morning.

While not a tremendous amount of weight, it is in excess of 1,200 lbs. There's 15, 80lb bags on that pallet.

How good is that feeling?! The first time I did this was 26 bags. The hardware store lifted their pallet up onto my trailer so I just had to slide them across but the lifting off at home was the sweetest part. No more carrying bags of concrete round like a chump.

2461 - 2480 of 2524 Posts