Green Tractor Talk banner

2521 - 2540 of 2552 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Started getting my garden ready. First pic was adding what little bit of good dirt I had left (a couple bucket fulls).

Once I had my lowest spots filled a little, I added some Turkey manure over the whole garden area. I've found Turkey to be the best. Seems to really make a difference. I prefer that to any chemical fertilizer. This was the last of my turkey manure so, I'll have to go get a load of it next time.

Once I had the manure somewhat evenly spread out, it was time to fire up the tiller...

After:

Normally I don't put plants in the ground before May 15th. Looking at the 10 day forecast, sure looks clear of any frost possibilities so, I might get a week head start this year.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I was on leaf burning detail today... Every day I had time to do it in the last month or so, it rained, & I couldn't. It did some spittin today, but not enough to keep me from getting em burned. Filled in a bunch of holes from some stump removal too...

·
Registered
507 Posts
Spent the day aerating my lawn with my EA 72” aerator and 955 about 5 acres. Good penetration and plugs. Next project is to convert 70A loader to JDQA but my fabricator and sons are all working potato planting

Dave

·
Registered
139 Posts
My buddy Mark brought his portable saw mill back a few days ago to cut more dimensional lumber and slabs. I was busy moving lumber from the sawmill to storage with my forks.
8688DB24-1CF1-4912-BD0C-76E334377B77.jpeg
87F8E090-4A21-4B65-BD95-9B3E74E47AB8.jpeg

·
Registered
139 Posts
Unloaded new bandsaw, lifted it up and bolted to stand.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Nice bandsaw DBCSteve. If you plan to read, I recommend the woodslicer blades from Highland Woodworking in GA. I've resawn 12" thick hickory with it, and it cuts quite well—tracking straight and cutting cleanly.
Thanks much for the recommendation! I do plan to use the bandsaw to resaw.

Steve

·
Registered
80 Posts
We're back in lockdown here. Not that it changes my life that much. Pulled out some fence we put in a few years ago to redo it properly, move the gate position etc.

Crazy how easily it just hoiked those fence posts out of the ground. Sadly the wife got the seat time today because she wasn't big enough to handle the posts once they were up.

There's some video of it on my Instagram
http://instagr.am/p/CPcp9SzhO-x/

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Tried out the concrete mixer for the 1st time. Neighbor I got it from, said it hasn't been used in about 25yrs. I traded him my labor to install tin on his old corn crib, for the mixer.
Mixed up 14-60lb bags of Sakrete for my ballast box. 6.3 cubic feet at 150lbs per cubic foot is 945lbs of concrete, plus the 155lbs of ballast box plus extension, and 1 F350 brake rotor, should be just over 1100lbs, said and done.
20210529_182218.jpg

·
Registered
80 Posts
Spread a bit more big rock today but sunlight and late deliveries beat me. Once I tidy up the edges that spilt wide when he tipped it I should have just enough to get me through the last of that muddy patch. Then I can put the top down I had to annoyingly due to time get him to just drop.

And now we've got crazy rain forecast for the next three days so it's just going to have to sit there and taunt me.

Then once THAT is done the cement trucks will be able to reach the shed site and that project can get moving again.

·
Premium Member
12,195 Posts
A picture says a thousand words.

Many of the words that I said are not allowed on here.

Using the bucket to push and the come-a-long as a holding device got me this far, but not far enough that the sissy R4's could get traction.

Had to break out the Hi-Lift Jack.

Stretched the 4" strap as tight as it would go and that was like having someone towing you. Got a couple feet each pull and didn't need the bucket to push.

A couple pulls and was able to get the Rousy 4's on something they wouldn't spin on.

Thankfully I had a Pinto Gator to haul all this out to the woods.

A lot of the green stuff you see on the ground is poison ivy..... We'll see if I touched anything I shouldn't have with my gloves, but I'll say I am glad I didn't have to pee. Pulled two ticks off when I came in to shower. Chiggers haven't weighed in yet.

I thought that using the loader to haul off the muddy primrose from the pond would be easier than forking it up into the Pinto Gator. As usually, I thought wrong.

From awe crap to back in the barn was about 2 hours.

I still had two loads of mucky crap to haul off.

Thinking back on this, I realize I set myself up for this. Prior to getting the tractor out I backed down that slope with two Pinto Gator loads of mucky stuff. I am betting that as I backed down, I was watering the trail. As everyone knows, to get R4's stuck all you have to do is pee on the ground.

Anyone can get a ZTR stuck. I'm not your average anyone. I am an above average looser.

·
Premium Member
Tator
15,981 Posts
As everyone knows, to get R4's stuck all you have to do is pee on the ground.
My R1's don't load up like that, just sayin'
hide.gif

2521 - 2540 of 2552 Posts