Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured since the other sections have this thread why not one here too.
Might only be a few of us, but what the hey...:laugh:

IMG_4279.jpg

Get it, what the hey...:lolol:

I had to move and stack some 3x3's in the barn.

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like it - like to see more of yours and Blakes blue machines.
It was dark and I was in a hurry, otherwise I would have added some video.

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
Old Blue looks good in the snow!
Looking is all it's doing right now. Three miles from home, suffered a battery failure and developed a fuel leak that I cannot locate the source of. Walked home and got the pickup, jumped it and got it moved out of the road. Let it idle while I picked stuff up, it died. Yes, it does have fuel. 3/4 of a tank. :laugh: Jumped it again, it started right up and seemed to be all good. Still a slow fuel drip but I need to break a 2' deep drift in the gate to the rental house. Fired up the blower and cleared snow for 20 yards before it shut down again, right in the stupid gate. Tried to jump it, battery is too far gone. Suspect broken plates internally. Fuel leak is still undetermined, but by this point it was well after dark, single digit temps and the wind is picking up. I took down a couple of sections of fence coming off the gate so the renter can get in and out, I plan to buy a battery tomorrow along with some other small things and start over with it then.

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking is all it's doing right now. Three miles from home, suffered a battery failure and developed a fuel leak that I cannot locate the source of. Walked home and got the pickup, jumped it and got it moved out of the road. Let it idle while I picked stuff up, it died. Yes, it does have fuel. 3/4 of a tank. :laugh: Jumped it again, it started right up and seemed to be all good. Still a slow fuel drip but I need to break a 2' deep drift in the gate to the rental house. Fired up the blower and cleared snow for 20 yards before it shut down again, right in the stupid gate. Tried to jump it, battery is too far gone. Suspect broken plates internally. Fuel leak is still undetermined, but by this point it was well after dark, single digit temps and the wind is picking up. I took down a couple of sections of fence coming off the gate so the renter can get in and out, I plan to buy a battery tomorrow along with some other small things and start over with it then.
Ouch man. That sucks!
Hope you get some clear weather to figure the problem out!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,468 Posts

That’s a shame. But I know you will get it figured out. Looking forward to see that blower move some snow!

·
Registered
11,757 Posts
That’s a shame. But I know you will get it figured out. Looking forward to see that blower move some snow!

yeah me too. agree with what coaltrain said above^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:munch:

·
Corndog Hater
11,261 Posts

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
If it wasn't for bad luck. . . .

I"m sure you will sort it out but that's just tough in those conditions. I hope the fuel leak is where you can get to it and not underneath the cab or inside some shroud that is a pita to get off. We've got a leak in a return line that we've put up with for years because it seems like it involves taking pretty much all the sheet metal off including one fender and making a line as it's no longer available as a part. It doesn't affect how the tractor runs, just is a little messy so we've put up with it.

I hope you get some decent weather to work in.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Looking is all it's doing right now. Yes, it does have fuel. 3/4 of a tank. :laugh: Jumped it again, it started right up and seemed to be all good. Still a slow fuel drip
My 584 IH has a fuel leak,, and I do not really know how to fix it. :dunno:

There is a special rubber gasket at the end of the fuel filter,,
I replace the gasket, all is well,, then 3 months later the leak starts,,

The available gasket,, and available diesel fuel,, are not compatible,,
so, after each use, I turn off the fuel.

If I leave the fuel on,, it will drip 1 to 2 quarts a week.
If I replace the gasket,,, it will not leak for 3-5 months,,,

:flag_of_truce:

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Moved the creep feeder to a bull free zone.

Bolt on hooks came in handy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Nothing today but back when it was warm....

Knew I brought a second tractor, took second photo to prove, haven’t seen either since....:laugh:

Attachments

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,200 Posts
Knew I brought a second tractor, took second photo to prove, haven’t seen either since....:laugh:
That's where you're making your mistake, you have to listen for the sound. :laugh:

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Moved hay to cows

Just like many days, I used a red tractor to move hay to cows. Even though it's been warm, I used the cab tractor as 1) it has a block heater and moving the hay doesn't take long enough to warm the engine up starting from cold and 2) the forks were already on that tractor and I could have wrestled forks in order to use an open station tractor which doesn't like cold weather or just use the one with the cab.

I really wasn't thinking of me when choosing the cab tractor, I swear. I just hated the thought of that poor cold tractor having to wake up and run. I'm very considerate of the tractors and want them to think well of me.

Treefarmer

·
Corndog Hater
11,261 Posts
Just like many days, I used a red tractor to move hay to cows. Even though it's been warm, I used the cab tractor as 1) it has a block heater and moving the hay doesn't take long enough to warm the engine up starting from cold and 2) the forks were already on that tractor and I could have wrestled forks in order to use an open station tractor which doesn't like cold weather or just use the one with the cab.

I really wasn't thinking of me when choosing the cab tractor, I swear. I just hated the thought of that poor cold tractor having to wake up and run. I'm very considerate of the tractors and want them to think well of me.

Treefarmer

I'm sure the tractors appreciate your consideration:lol:

·
Administrator
17,272 Posts
1 - 20 of 101 Posts