Green Tractor Talk banner
20441 - 20460 of 20623 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Took delivery of the wood chipper. Hope to get it put together tomorrow. FHB42S. It will only see light use. Maybe once or twice a year unless the neighbors want to borrow it. Could not justify the extra dollars for an American or Canadian machine. View attachment 807577
Who did you get it from? I got the Betsco version of that one. It's very good. I am happy with it.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
697 Posts
Ahh yes, and the neighbors chickens were loose
Let fly with the deck and MCS… you can suck ‘em um and dump ‘em back home.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Haven’t done any exciting work with the tractor lately. Pushed over some bamboo and piled it up on the burn pile before the heavy rains got here. Been using the toro to do the mowing last few times I cut grass.
I just really wanted to get on page 1023 of this thread because, well I have a 1023.

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
2,160 Posts
Did some testing today to isolate the failure of the MCS to lock closed by isolating it from the summit rear spool kit and ran it off the mid SCVs with the same result. Immediately after releasing the valve (electronic or lever) the pressure in the cylinders released and equalized. Looks like it's time to rebuild the cylinders.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not exactly the most creative use of my little 1025r but it was a big help. The shed we ordered in May finally arrived on Wednesday.
Plant Building Tree Land lot House

Had to build a ramp though for the garage door end so the tractor helped me scrape up enough to set some foot pads

Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Tractor

Plant Wood Tree Grass Building

And now she’s put to bed in her new home just ahead of the rain.

Plant Grass Tree Shade Landscape

Plant Window Natural landscape Tree Building

·
Registered
2,169 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Mowed the yard yesterday.
I had put a bunch of free wood chips on my fill area. I noted a bunch of mushrooms breaking them down. I am tempted to make a shroom tea in my fishing sauce blender to spread their spores.

The prior owner filled behind the house and I cannot till or do anything with large equipment. So I'm committed to making my own soil from chips and occasional dumps of excess processed mulch. The goal is to get green to grow. It is starting to improve.
Damn prior owner (DPO).

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
Added tree trimmings to the burn pile and mowed.
I do have a question, does anyone make a rhino mower deflector?
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Plant Bumper Grass

Also wanted to give a thumbs up to these heavy duty pins I found at my JD dealer,
Glasses Plant Musical instrument Helmet Sports equipment

yes, the Beast is dirty, bath day is tomorrow… 😀

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Was planning on going out & pushing some brush piles up from the trees I had cut down awhile back. But it was over 80 today & as soon as I walked out the door I got swarmed by lady bugs. Dirty little bastards.😠

We had our house & garage sprayed a month ago & now you can watch them pile up around them. Then I just take the leaf blower & blow them away. Very odd being this warm in Oct. Its only for a couple more days then temps go back down into the 60s. Where they should be. Then I won't have deal with them orange & black sobs.😐

·
Registered
75 Posts
Also wanted to give a thumbs up to these heavy duty pins I found at my JD dealer,
I need to get some pins with chains like that. The ones that came with mine were attached to the loader arms with a small piece of cable that was held in place with crimps. I busted one off the first time I removed the bucket, and the other one lasted until the second time.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I need to get some pins with chains like that. The ones that came with mine were attached to the loader arms with a small piece of cable that was held in place with crimps. I busted one off the first time I removed the bucket, and the other one lasted until the second time.
You’d be further ahead if you got a little heavier chain to use with those linch pins ...
Something like these ...
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Green Asphalt Bumper

·
Registered
88 Posts
Looks like he bought the chain, cotter pins and heavy pins and made them up.

Steve
Actually after losing 3 of the stock cable ones, I was at the JD dealer with them on my shopping list, but all they had were two of these chain ones. They’ve lasted 40 hours so far (installed at 30 hours).

20441 - 20460 of 20623 Posts