Green Tractor Talk banner
20461 - 20480 of 20623 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Also wanted to give a thumbs up to these heavy duty pins I found at my JD dealer,
View attachment 807635
yes, the Beast is dirty, bath day is tomorrow…
TSC has something similar. I had one of my original ones tear off during delivery because the salesman didn't bother storing it properly while swapping out implements. Fortunately the cable was still attached to the pin, so a spare cable clamp fixed it, just not as pretty.

·
Registered
75 Posts
You’d be further ahead if you got a little heavier chain to use with those linch pins ...
Sounds like a plan!

TSC has something similar. I had one of my original ones tear off during delivery because the salesman didn't bother storing it properly while swapping out implements. Fortunately the cable was still attached to the pin, so a spare cable clamp fixed it, just not as pretty.

The local farm stores have something like that, but I wasn't impressed with the chain. Now that I'm looking at what Gwizz posted, I'm on board with some overkill. The cotter pin will become the point of failure, and those are easier to replace than a cheap chain.

·
Registered
2025R, 455
79 Posts
Nice. What are you going to use for a retaining wall to hold up the higher part of the lawn?

Steve
I was wondering the same thing ..👍
Good questions! I haven't decided or priced anything out yet. I have a rough idea of the look I'm going for, but just digging and dumping for now.
Currently it is so sloped I can't do anything in the yard. Tiers will fix that (with some slope for drainage of course).
I have a fence coming, so want to get that back area built up before the fence gets here.

If you have anything you recommend or don't recommend, I'm ears!

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,734 Posts

A standard lynch pin doesn't fit there on the loader as the ring is too small and the shank too short. The do sell a heavy duty pin that fits but you'll have to supply your own chain or cable.

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well, it took about five hours, but I got my 48" CountyLine tiller set up.

Green Yellow Motor vehicle Gas Grass

Part of the reason it took so long was that I wanted to set it up for reverse rotation. According to the documentation, you just have to unbolt the middle gear box and slide it over until the drive shaft comes loose. Only, because of that trapezoidal brace, the gear box won't slide far enough. So, I ended up having to remove the other gear box. Also because of that brace, you can't remove the middle gear box unless you first remove the oil plug on the bottom. Somebody decided to make it stick down into a hole. Then I realized I didn't have the good quick hitch bushings, so I had to throw some temporary ones on.

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
My 1025R was sleeping in the garage and I just couldn't wake it.

rob

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
11,183 Posts
Just put my 1026 to bed after mowing all day.

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
2,160 Posts
Spent some time working on that earlier failed project, got some more information about where pressure is when in hydraulic bypass - thanks KBOH for the pressure gauge and did some reverse engineering of some electronics to further the failed project cause apparently I'm not smart enough to accept defeat and playing stupid games is fun. Oh and failed to fix the broken part that is the main function of this project... but there's always take two or am I on take three?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Our (ok, my wife’s) garden area is shaping up nicely. We had 2 acres of trees cleared. The larger trees are in the piles you see. Stumps are piled on the left. The small trees and branches were all chipped.

Today I finished spreading the last of the wood chips; used the 1025R to move the chips and a garden rake to level them about 8” deep.

In the chip area on the left will be raised vegetable garden beds, to the right of the border logs will be “pretty” gardens (non-food), and in the bare dirt between the log border and the chips will be an orchard.

The path on the lower right leads to both the walk out basement and an existing shed.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Mowed the yard. In the dark. Cleaned chicken coop too. Got parkin pad done for enclosed trailer too. Been up to lots of things. Nice to be back on here. Hopefully I'll have more time and be able to get on more.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I did get it from Bestco. I have not had a chance to run it yet. I did get it put together and on the tractor. Hopefully I will get som chipping done this weekend.
I was surprised by the quality of them. My friend has the Titan version. Not nearly as well made. You will really like it. I expected it to be so so. It's actually very good. I was pleasantly surprised. I have run a lot of big stuff through it and not done anything but grease it.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
532 Posts
I was surprised by the quality of them. My friend has the Titan version. Not nearly as well made. You will really like it. I expected it to be so so. It's actually very good. I was pleasantly surprised. I have run a lot of big stuff through it and not done anything but grease it.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
I also have a Bestco chipper, and was quite impressed with the quality of it.
It’s chipped up everything I could shove down it, and the tractor handles it fine.

·
Registered
2021 1025r
20 Posts
Dug a big hole and buried s*** from the previous owners burn pile. So many nails and screws. For the sake of anyone who might own your property in the future, don’t have a burn pile in a usable area and then burn construction in it :mad:

Started cutting a new trail in the woods until I got stung in the back of my head by a yellow jacket.

Leveled out a spot for burning brush and cattails.

I’m off work this week and getting some things done so it’s all good!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Dug a fairly large hole in order to get a wild rose bush pulled up. I couldn't get all of the roots. There was a taproot about the thickness of my wrist that went straight down. I cut it off deep enough that it wouldn't give the tiller any trouble, and filled it all back in.
Wheel Tire Plant Tractor Vehicle

By the time I got done and swapped back to the tiller it was dark. My wife said there was no way I could till in the dark. It turns out, she wasn't referring to my ability, but rather her ability to tell me not to do it.

Atmosphere Automotive lighting Cloud Street light Road surface

·
Registered
75 Posts
Dug a big hole and buried s*** from the previous owners burn pile. So many nails and screws. For the sake of anyone who might own your property in the future, don’t have a burn pile in a usable area and then burn construction in it :mad:

Started cutting a new trail in the woods until I got stung in the back of my head by a yellow jacket.

Leveled out a spot for burning brush and cattails.

I’m off work this week and getting some things done so it’s all good!
I scraped up a pile of about 2 yards of soil that's full of trash from just such a thing. I'm going to screen it as I get time. What a pain.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I will soon have a need for some suitcase weights up front, so I picked up the 4 my local dealer had yesterday. I need to hunt down a 5th one.

Tire Vehicle Tractor Wheel Hood

·
Registered
442 Posts
I will soon have a need for some suitcase weights up front, so I picked up the 4 my local dealer had yesterday. I need to hunt down a 5th one.
What did you have to add to your 1025R to accommodate the weights?

·
Administrator
21,040 Posts
What did you have to add to your 1025R to accommodate the weights?
They hang right on the front "bumper", no need to add anything.

20461 - 20480 of 20623 Posts