Green Tractor Talk banner
21241 - 21260 of 21333 Posts

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
2,409 Posts
Sorry it should read if I still had it lol wow the spelling and grammar police are all over here
I think he thought you had traded it already, you said you had cleaned it up to trade in this weekend. (And ignore the grammar and spelling police.... - No one is perfect, well, except my wife... she's perfect. )

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
View attachment 814057

View attachment 814058

New seat cover for the 1025r is one piece, John Deere part number LP68694 and under $40, which surprised me, as they have been more than that in the past........The old seat cover had a tough fall working on road maintenance, which is why the tractor has a seat cover........
I'm thinking about getting one and putting aftermarket seat heaters in it. I have them in my old truck and they work really well. They would be easy to put in the cover and just put a plug for it under the seat. They come with plugs near the pads anyway. The Rostra ones are the best.

·
Premium Member
6,704 Posts
You know your old when you want a heated seat for your tractor. Heated steering wheel would be nice too on the cold days

·
Registered
2015 2025r 62mmm h130 af10f plow forks 62 disc ripper and a woods m5 Dixie mower
941 Posts
Lol no worries I thought maybe there was an issue and you didn't get to trade it in and make that step up. How you liking the 2025 so far?
Nope it’s all good so far I only got to use the 2025 for about an hour maybe I can get more seat time this weekend but I like it so far I love the 3 point hitch and a real drawbar 3 point is adjustable to lift more weight or lift higher so I had my rear blade on it and it lifted it to about 24 inch off the ground at my he back instead of bearly 9
Wheel Tire Plant Cloud Sky

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
You know your old when you want a heated seat for your tractor. Heated steering wheel would be nice too on the cold days
If I knew of a way.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,409 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Wouldn't help me. I would only need the heated spinner knob and heated SCV grip 😎

·
Premium Member
2,409 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,292 Posts
Finally got my quotes yesterday for the 2nd machine. Adding the third function to the cab tractor was $1,250 in labor and $996 for the two kits. Tractor, loader, Mauser cab and third function, radial tires, tax, delivery, etc, $27,700..........Dealer has 9 of these in inventory across their locations.

The only thing they are short on is the FEL's, which are set to arrive Mid December, but the new cab models come with the FEL frame mounts, so I could use my current FEL on the new machine so I could mount the snow pusher on one machine and the quick tach and plow on the other machine.......I would probably buy another Quick Tach mount just to have two, one for each machine for maximum flexability without swapping back and forth.

I need to clear up some details as it appears in the quote the new base cab doesn't come with a front wiper, which seems odd. I guess I need to kick this around and nail down the additional costs to get it really ready to use. Things add up quickly when adding Rear ballast, extra lighting, Ken's step and other goodies, rear camera, safety lights, etc. Probably another $2,500 to $3,000 in add ons once the machine arrives. ..........

What would you do, buddy? Biggest issue is I don't have space in my buildings so I would have to park it at a neighbors or leave my SUV outside.........which is what I would probably do.......Plan on solving the building problem next year, if the material prices return to earth........

A lot to think about........

·
Registered
2015 2025r 62mmm h130 af10f plow forks 62 disc ripper and a woods m5 Dixie mower
941 Posts
Finally got my quotes yesterday for the 2nd machine. Adding the third function to the cab tractor was $1,250 in labor and $996 for the two kits. Tractor, loader, Mauser cab and third function, radial tires, tax, delivery, etc, $27,700..........Dealer has 9 of these in inventory across their locations.

The only thing they are short on is the FEL's, which are set to arrive Mid December, but the new cab models come with the FEL frame mounts, so I could use my current FEL on the new machine so I could mount the snow pusher on one machine and the quick tach and plow on the other machine.......I would probably buy another Quick Tach mount just to have two, one for each machine for maximum flexability without swapping back and forth.

I need to clear up some details as it appears in the quote the new base cab doesn't come with a front wiper, which seems odd. I guess I need to kick this around and nail down the additional costs to get it really ready to use. Things add up quickly when adding Rear ballast, extra lighting, Ken's step and other goodies, rear camera, safety lights, etc. Probably another $2,500 to $3,000 in add ons once the machine arrives. ..........

What would you do, buddy? Biggest issue is I don't have space in my buildings so I would have to park it at a neighbors or leave my SUV outside.........which is what I would probably do.......Plan on solving the building problem next year, if the material prices return to earth........

Complete up to you but a extra qa tractor is a great ideal for you but it’s your money are you looking at another 1025r ??? Or maybe a 2025r

·
Registered
359 Posts
Nope it’s all good so far I only got to use the 2025 for about an hour maybe I can get more seat time this weekend but I like it so far I love the 3 point hitch and a real drawbar 3 point is adjustable to lift more weight or lift higher so I had my rear blade on it and it lifted it to about 24 inch off the ground at my he back instead of bearly 9
View attachment 814149
That is nice. I just got a 7 foot back blade that I haven't completely got set up yet. But I was shocked I got the height that I got on it. At the same time I also wish I had more height on that. I really was conflicted between a 1 or 2 series when I bought mine and went with the 1 series because I wanted the smaller size to get into the cow barn for mucking stalls. But it looks like we might have put that on hold for at least the time being or maybe ever. But the 1025 does well for me. But I too can see me stepping up a size in the future.

·
Registered
359 Posts

Brave asking this group what they think you should do with your money 🤣 when I first joined here I was told no one will spend my money faster than this group and boy is that true.

I say go for it tho if you can afford it which seems like you can. I do wonder if there's plans to expand your work with a helper or what the reason for the extra tractor is for. Is it just to avoid swapping implements? Cause that's a lot of money for that considering the work to maintain 2 tractors. But also a bit of relief Incase a machine goes down to have a back up.

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
a bit of relief Incase a machine goes down to have a back up.
I thought that was the primary reason. He's doing a lot of time sensitive plowing these days. Sully's gotta be getting a lot of gratification from it 'cause with his injuries, can't imagine he looks forward to getting at it in the wee hours and I don't figure he's doin' it to get rich. :LOL:

·
Registered
941 Posts
That is nice. I just got a 7 foot back blade that I haven't completely got set up yet. But I was shocked I got the height that I got on it. At the same time I also wish I had more height on that. I really was conflicted between a 1 or 2 series when I bought mine and went with the 1 series because I wanted the smaller size to get into the cow barn for mucking stalls. But it looks like we might have put that on hold for at least the time being or maybe ever. But the 1025 does well for me. But I too can see me stepping up a size in the future.
Yeah I thought I would never need anything bigger than the 1025r but hear I am two years later and put 400 hours on it but we were pushing the 1025 to it’s limits a lot of time this summer my dad just bought a new to us 4x5 round baler and the 1025 was not going to lift the bales so I got this he has a farmall 656 to bale with we talked about a skid loader but come back to this if I had gone new I whould have got a 2038r but that’s way more money then I’m going to pay for a tractor right now round bales are 700 lbs I did a lot with the little green tractor but I just seen that I was going to push it to hard and break something big or roll over pushing it that way

·
Premium Member
13,292 Posts
Diane is 110% correct, as usual. The thought of the 2nd machine is a back up machine and also to permit me to spread the hours over two machines. My current machine has 680 (ish) hours on it and its never used for mowing.

A light winter of plowing activity which would be plowing 15 times all season, will add 60 to 75 hours of machine use. A "normal winter" of plowing 25 times will add 125 to 150 hours of plowing use. A heavy winter, like 2017/ 2018 when I got the current 1025r with Mauser cab, had me plow 45 times and could mean 220 to 270 hours of plowing time on the machine because it will also involve moving back snow banks to maintain road width and opening storm drains to prevent flooding and freezing.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Yeah I thought I would never need anything bigger than the 1025r but hear I am two years later and put 400 hours on it but we were pushing the 1025 to it’s limits a lot of time this summer my dad just bought a new to us 4x5 round baler and the 1025 was not going to lift the bales so I got this he has a farmall 656 to bale with we talked about a skid loader but come back to this if I had gone new I whould have got a 2038r but that’s way more money then I’m going to pay for a tractor right now round bales are 700 lbs I did a lot with the little green tractor but I just seen that I was going to push it to hard and break something big or roll over pushing it that way
Thats understandable. When I was looking, i was looking at the 2038 or the 1025. But I was also looking at skid loaders. My cousin, godsons and uncle were all pushing me to get a skid loader. My uncle even brought his works skid loader over to the house one day for me to play with. It was the first time i drove a skid loader and it was very nice. BUT I could not fathom doing some of the work ive done with the tractor as I would with the skid loader. Plus to buy a skid loader as nice as what he brought over, I could have bought two tractors for that price. Yes i could have lifted more. yes i could have gotten into tighter areas. But i couldn't have mowed my yard with it or done many of the jobs i have done with the tractor with a skid loader without tearing up my yard.

I just couldn't justify the extra cost for the 2038 like you said. but i definitely see me upgrading in the coming years. Heck by then my kid might be old enough that it wont be upgrading but rather handing one down and buying new lol.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
I finished getting my 1025R ready for snow. I bought a hydraulic angling rear blade for doing drive ways. It will be great not having to get off the tractor to change the angle.

rob
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Green

Wheel Tire Plant Automotive tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Plant Tractor Vehicle

21241 - 21260 of 21333 Posts