Green Tractor Talk banner
21261 - 21280 of 21562 Posts

·
Registered
2015 2025r 62mmm h130 af10f plow forks 62 disc ripper and a woods m5 Dixie mower
966 Posts
Thats understandable. When I was looking, i was looking at the 2038 or the 1025. But I was also looking at skid loaders. My cousin, godsons and uncle were all pushing me to get a skid loader. My uncle even brought his works skid loader over to the house one day for me to play with. It was the first time i drove a skid loader and it was very nice. BUT I could not fathom doing some of the work ive done with the tractor as I would with the skid loader. Plus to buy a skid loader as nice as what he brought over, I could have bought two tractors for that price. Yes i could have lifted more. yes i could have gotten into tighter areas. But i couldn't have mowed my yard with it or done many of the jobs i have done with the tractor with a skid loader without tearing up my yard.

I just couldn't justify the extra cost for the 2038 like you said. but i definitely see me upgrading in the coming years. Heck by then my kid might be old enough that it wont be upgrading but rather handing one down and buying new lol.
yeah lol that’s part of it to if she’s still interested in the tractor in 10 years I don’t think I’m going to get much seat time lol
Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Plant

Wheel Tire Plant Land vehicle Car

Wheel Plant Tire Wheelbarrow Sky

·
Registered
2015 2025r 62mmm h130 af10f plow forks 62 disc ripper and a woods m5 Dixie mower
966 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
No more turn buckets to deal with woo
View attachment 814218
And its nice to have an actual real tractor draw bar again. That's something which is used much more than apparently the Deere engineers think as the 1 series doesn't have one and leaves you to either buy the HH 2" receiver or come up with a draw bar hooking solution which is behind the machine far enough to not bind the implements tongue on the rear tires when turning.

The first edition 2025r has it set up as if should be. Not sure if the 2nd gen is the same. I do know that I like the front 3ph on the 2nd gen 2 series for front implements..............I don't recall which 2 series I saw the front 3ph on, but it seems like it was the 2025r. If not, its the 2032r and 2038r...

Its interesting how much small details such as the real draw bar can make when using a machine in the real world...........

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
I finished getting my 1025R ready for snow. I bought a hydraulic angling rear blade for doing drive ways. It will be great not having to get off the tractor to change the angle.

rob
View attachment 814211
View attachment 814210
View attachment 814209
Rob,
Very nice looking set up for winter snow work. The hydraulic angling is something you will use a lot. I can't imagine climbing on and off everytime I changed the blade angling. Its much more effecient to clear snow when you can move the blade angle where you want the first time by having the angling at your finger tips. Very clean hose set up and connections. Nicely done.........

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Rob,
Very nice looking set up for winter snow work. The hydraulic angling is something you will use a lot. I can't imagine climbing on and off everytime I changed the blade angling. Its much more effecient to clear snow when you can move the blade angle where you want the first time by having the angling at your finger tips. Very clean hose set up and connections. Nicely done.........
The other thing I didn't realise, is that this rear blade the RB2160H is way heavier than the standard RB 2060.

rob

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
The blade is the RB 2160H.

rob

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
The other thing I didn't realise, is that this rear blade the RB2160H is way heavier than the standard RB 2060.

rob
The extra rear ballast should be helpful........

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
robwheeler
Thanks again 👍👍. Now I have the right way to fab a bracket off the blade. I stop at 3 farmer's around me and none had a hydraulic rear blade.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
robwheeler
Thanks again 👍👍. Now I have the right way to fab a bracket off the blade. I stop at 3 farmer's around me and none had a hydraulic rear blade.
Glad I could help.

rob

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
That extra pin is to drop in and keep the blade fixed.

rob

·
Registered
1,318 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Worked for 2.5hrs on the tractor tonight. Unloaded 30in mechanical tiller for moms X590 off a semi also, pallet forks are gold. Moved remainin wood outta trailer onto wood pile to be cut/split. Had to figure out how to move trailer that I can't get lock off of, tie down chain and kens hooks got the job done, don't think I bent the jack either, surprising. Now to report on backhoe lighting. I tried to take alot of pictures of that, it seems to work really well, I have bout an hour of playin with it, then about 40min of true diggin. For what it is I couldn't be happier. Allowed me to get a start on this project finally. And from the seat I can see pretty good for where exactly I'm at and how deep I am. They work good for rear work lights also. I mounted clock on dash after I finally found where I laid it when I got it!! When I came back in the garage it didn't work no more though, I think battery died.😟 Robwheeler, really like the hydraulic blade, thought bout moddin mine so I could have a hydraulic front/rear. Not sure where I'd get the extra hydraulics though. After the backhoe work when I got back on, I noticed the engine never really warmed up, it was even plugged in for 45min before I started it. I know I've seen threads on that, have to explore. Maybe the backhoe doesn't work it hard enough in the cold, was bout 30°. Enough ramblin, if your still readin have a good day.

Attachments

·
Registered
393 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
I like that rear blade rob.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I have that exact international pedal tractor from my childhood. My dad just told me that they still have it in the barn at my grandparents and ready for my son whenever he is ready for it.
yeah while visiting my grandma a few weeks ago she gave that to my youngest daughter I was my uncle Dave’s I was completely not expecting that Dave passed away 6 years ago for a heart attack and died young grandma has not handled the grive well it was hard for her

·
Registered
393 Posts
yeah while visiting my grandma a few weeks ago she gave that to my youngest daughter I was my uncle Dave’s I was completely not expecting that Dave passed away 6 years ago for a heart attack and died young grandma has not handled the grive well it was hard for her
Awe that is sad but at least its going to someone who will cherish and love it as much as your uncle Dave did. Ill bet it also warms your Grandma's heart to see your little girl rising it as well.

I dont have any living grandparents left unfortunately and lost my mom almost 3 years ago and quickly running out of uncles and aunts. Losing my mom was so tough because she passed just a couple months before my son was born. My mom was so excited when she learned I was having a kid as i always said I wasn't going to have any. I had bought this house and my mom took 2 steps in it and said i had made a mistake. She couldn't believe I bought this place. When I told her I was going to have a kid she cried and said what are you going to do. you don't have room for your family in that house.

I finished the house renovations faster than I wanted due to the arrival of my son. My mom passed away before she could see the house finished. I sold it for a 50k dollar profit which provided the down payment and freedom to purchase the property I now reside at. I miss my mom a lot. She didn't get to watch me walk for my college graduation (first of her kids to go to college let alone graduate), she didn't get to see my son, or what i made of the crap house as she called it. But i know she would have been super proud of what I have accomplished.

I dont know why I wrote all that but the moral of this story. Give your Grandma a hug and tell her you love her for sure.

21261 - 21280 of 21562 Posts