Green Tractor Talk banner
21281 - 21300 of 21562 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Well I got some odds and ends done and some maintenance done on my 1025r (dusty) as I call him sometimes and got some maintenance done on the other two jd mowers.
And happy Thanksgiving from me and axel.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Working animal Companion dog

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Tire Motor vehicle
Speedometer Odometer Trip computer Gauge Tachometer
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Plant
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Riding mower

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Didn't do nothing to productive. But I did install a shutoff valve where the baby fuel filter was & relocated it to the engine compartment.
Bumper Wood Automotive exterior Grille Automotive tire
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper

·
Registered
2,163 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
That looks very nice. I put the shut off valve in, but I kept the small filter in its original position. I think I have another project.

rob

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Didn't do nothing to productive. But I did install a shutoff valve where the baby fuel filter was & relocated it to the engine compartment. View attachment 814392 View attachment 814393
That one leaked on me after 2 years. Hope you have better luck.

john Deere 1025R
loader
backhoe
47 in tiller
47 blower
5ft landscape rake
10 KW pto generator
Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
417 Posts
I’ve been working on a new implement storage area. I picked up some pallet racks, next thing I know I pulled a small tree out and started cutting out an area of my yard. Placing a small railroad tie “retaining wall” and gravel. Someday, hopefully, this will all be covered storage rather than open air. Until then, it’s off the dirt. Baby steps I guess…

Still have some more rock to spread, run the plate compactor over it, and put up my racks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I’ve been working on a new implement storage area. I picked up some pallet racks, next thing I know I pulled a small tree out and started cutting out an area of my yard. Placing a small railroad tie “retaining wall” and gravel. Someday, hopefully, this will all be covered storage rather than open air. Until then, it’s off the dirt. Baby steps I guess…

Still have some more rock to spread, run the plate compactor over it, and put up my racks.

Wow! That looks really nice. Nice job.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Wow! That looks really nice. Nice job.
Thanks, I’ve learned an awful lot doing this and gained a ton of confidence in the seat.

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Did some driveway grading yesterday with a LandShark from EA.

I’m glad I went with the smaller 48” land leveler rather than wider. In 4wd and with weight in the bucket I can nearly stop the tractor from loss of traction when it fills up.

It’s also not quite as easy as “drop and drag” as is often claimed. My driveway is 3/4 mile long and has sections of deep (6”) loose gravel and other areas of less than 1”. The 3 point needs to be feathered up or down based on that. Over time I’ll get the gravel spread better, but this was only my second time using it.

I’ve also had a challenge with excess gravel spilling out the front side when loaded up. Ended up removing the scarifier on that side to help gravel flow over the blade. Both blades are at 1/4 inch, and next time I may adjust the front to 1/8”.

Overall I'm quite happy with the implement. It leaves a professional looking surface when I do my part.

Plant Road surface Wood Asphalt Grass

Tire Plant Wheel Vehicle Harvester

Road surface Asphalt Grass Wood Rectangle

Tire Wheel Ecoregion Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
105 Posts

More pics, please, when you get the rack up and start using it. I have a few implements stored outdoors under tarps and need a better solution until I can build a shed/garage, and your solution may help guide mine.

·
Registered
2015 2025r 62mmm h130 af10f plow forks 62 disc ripper and a woods m5 Dixie mower
966 Posts
Did some driveway grading yesterday with a LandShark from EA.

I’m glad I went with the smaller 48” land leveler rather than wider. In 4wd and with weight in the bucket I can nearly stop the tractor from loss of traction when it fills up.

It’s also not quite as easy as “drop and drag” as is often claimed. My driveway is 3/4 mile long and has sections of deep (6”) loose gravel and other areas of less than 1”. The 3 point needs to be feathered up or down based on that. Over time I’ll get the gravel spread better, but this was only my second time using it.

I’ve also had a challenge with excess gravel spilling out the front side when loaded up. Ended up removing the scarifier on that side to help gravel flow over the blade. Both blades are at 1/4 inch, and next time I may adjust the front to 1/8”.

View attachment 814464
View attachment 814466
View attachment 814467
View attachment 814465
What is your location I whould think that gavel work this time of year is just going to make more work in the spring with plowing over top of it

·
Registered
105 Posts
What is your location I whould think that gavel work this time of year is just going to make more work in the spring with plowing over top of it
We’re in northern-ish VA. We may get some snow, but more likely is a winter of cold rain. Getting rid of the potholes now should help keep them from getting far worse over the next few months. I doubt I’ll need to plow snow more than once, if at ball this year.

·
Registered
2015 2025r 62mmm h130 af10f plow forks 62 disc ripper and a woods m5 Dixie mower
966 Posts
We’re in northern-ish VA. We may get some snow, but more likely is a winter of cold rain. Getting rid of the potholes now should help keep them from getting far worse over the next few months. I doubt I’ll need to plow snow more than once, if at ball this year.
Ok cool I live in Michigan and anything not packed in before snow will be in your yard come spring

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ok cool I live in Michigan and anything not packed in before snow will be in your yard come spring
That makes sense, and it’s good for me to keep in mind when it gets colder here. We’ll probably get another 2” of rain before the ground freezes for the year, so there’s still time for it to get packed in before any serious snow hits.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,964 Posts
Diane is 110% correct, as usual. The thought of the 2nd machine is a back up machine and also to permit me to spread the hours over two machines. My current machine has 680 (ish) hours on it and its never used for mowing.

A light winter of plowing activity which would be plowing 15 times all season, will add 60 to 75 hours of machine use. A "normal winter" of plowing 25 times will add 125 to 150 hours of plowing use. A heavy winter, like 2017/ 2018 when I got the current 1025r with Mauser cab, had me plow 45 times and could mean 220 to 270 hours of plowing time on the machine because it will also involve moving back snow banks to maintain road width and opening storm drains to prevent flooding and freezing.
Sulley, have you ever seen these before? Not sure of the practicality of them but thought it was an interesting approach.

21281 - 21300 of 21562 Posts