Green Tractor Talk banner
22,541 - 22,560 of 28,698 Posts
Do you have a link to the pump? Is this the same pump that @SulleyBear uses?
Yes.

Yes.

Exactly where I got mine !! Only issue I have have is my neglect at ensuring we had AA batteries !! Trip to the store this morning ... :(

Yes.

I followed that link. It was on sale and if you bought 2 an extra 10% off. I bought 2. One for gas and one for diesel. A little diesel in gas wouldn't hurt anything but a very small amount of gas will lower the flash point of diesel and damage your engine. Plus I can leave them on the cans with 2. I'm tired of spilling fuel.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Yes.

There’s also a version with a longer intake hose that reaches the bottom of VP fuel cans.
Improved Fuel Transfer Pump with 4.25 Foot Discharge Hose, Overflow Prevention Sensor Nozzle, 1.92 Foot Intake Hose for Fuel Cells, Gas, Diesel, Water
(ETA: looks like they’re out of stock, but I recommend these if people have the talker racing cans and can find one)

There’s also a version with a longer intake hose that reaches the bottom of VP fuel cans.
Improved Fuel Transfer Pump with 4.25 Foot Discharge Hose, Overflow Prevention Sensor Nozzle, 1.92 Foot Intake Hose for Fuel Cells, Gas, Diesel, Water
(ETA: looks like they’re out of stock, but I recommend these if people have the talker racing cans and can find one)
I’ve been through TWO of these pumps. Returned ‘em both.
I should have paid attention to ALL of the reviews -
Not just the positive ones.
The 1st one didn’t work at all.
YES… I assembled it correctly and even put fresh batteries in it.
It was just DOA.
The 2nd one leaked (sprayed) diesel everywhere.🤬
I envy you fellas who’ve had success with this pump.

Just doing retired guy dead tree and yaupon stuff ....

Tire Wheel Sky Plant Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Plant Sky Vehicle

Plant Sky Natural landscape Grass Tree

More to go , but got a start ...

Whatcha got strapped to your carryall Sulley? Looks like a bundle of firewood?
It is a 12" x 37" long, round concrete cylinder weighing approx. 512 pounds I use it for rear ballast for my plowing and FEL use activities. These were the old street light bases which I had to remove to install the street signs a couple of years ago.

I had a work trip scheduled that would provide me an opportunity to drive through Wichita Falls, just happens to be where Taylor Foundry is located. I ordered a set of 70# wheel weights a few weeks ago and everything worked out perfect that I got to pick them up on company fuel. Can’t beat that, but they offered to ship them to my door for only $40 which is very reasonable I thought. I was able to get these for $152 for the set, a bit over $1 per pound.

I got some threaded rod and managed to get one mounted up this evening. Having the donut shape was extremely helpful getting them mounted, the inner hole made a nice place to hold on. These would be super sweet if the mounting nuts could be recessed in, but as it is they stick out what looks like 1” past the tires. I can trim off the excess all thread and soften the edges of the nuts .

If anyone is in the market for weights, these sure are affordable and made in the USA. They have suitcase weights also, wish I would have thought about them before I purchased from Deere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at these pictures of my weights, I could flip them around so the recessed lip would set inside the wheel. That would probably make the wheel weights flush with the rubber, only leaving the nuts protruding out past. It just wouldn’t be as visually appealing because the other side of the weight is smooth. I will have some time tomorrow morning to play around with them

Attaboy Nick
That’s how we roll
Same goes for me

I just removed and replaced the original fuel filter for the first time on the D100. It lasted 139 hours and approximately 10 years.

Did some maintenance to get ready for the apocalyptic predicted storm. Changed the little trouble fuel filter just to be sure all is well.
What a pain in the butt. The little useless factory clamps weren't strong enough any more. A run to the parts stor for proper clamps and back to install and all was good. Then onto the warning flashers. Checked them and didn't work. Trouble shoot and turned out to be the power switch on the plug that came with the unit. Pulled out the good ol solve any problem GI fix it knowledge. Cut the wire and hard wired in a temp switch to get me through the weekend. Then found that the snowblower shoot angle adjuster did not work. Found a loose cable connector. Fixed that and now tractor is good to go.

Now if only the weather guessers get it partly right I'll feel better with therapeutic seat time.

Steve

Take 2, both sides are on flipped around. Only the nuts stick out passed the tires, I can work with that. Once we get some warmer weather I’ll put some yellow paint on them

22,541 - 22,560 of 28,698 Posts