Green Tractor Talk banner

12581 - 12600 of 17097 Posts

·
Old Pa-pa
12,597 Posts
Well I've heard of all the stories about how the X700 series GT's seats will NOT fit on the 1 series tractors. That in order for them to fit they would have to be modded. All that hype is all wrong. I have to admit I bought the lower cost one which means I bought the whole seat, bracket and all, everything. Now that I have it, all I really needed was the seat itself and the arm rests but that would have cost me 200 dollars extra. Somewhere in that 'puter of JD's they should up date it. If buying the whole thing as I have you get arm rests with it so now I have an extra set of arm rests. I'll add it to the extra steering wheel I have. If I keep getting extra parts I might have enough for an extra tractor someday. End up like Johnny Cash's Cadillac. Anyway, here is what I got...
2 sets of arm rests and small parts...
Good job Levi!! :good2:

With a big screw driver, ball peen hammer and lock blade knife, that seat had no choice but to fit. :laugh:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,259 Posts
Well I've heard of all the stories about how the X700 series GT's seats will NOT fit on the 1 series tractors. That in order for them to fit they would have to be modded. All that hype is all wrong. I have to admit I bought the lower cost one which means I bought the whole seat, bracket and all, everything. Now that I have it, all I really needed was the seat itself and the arm rests but that would have cost me 200 dollars extra. Somewhere in that 'puter of JD's they should up date it. If buying the whole thing as I have you get arm rests with it so now I have an extra set of arm rests. I'll add it to the extra steering wheel I have. If I keep getting extra parts I might have enough for an extra tractor someday. End up like Johnny Cash's Cadillac. Anyway, here is what I got...
Levi, nice seat
Is the seat back adjustable on that seat, that pimp daddy lean back is the only thing I don’t like about my seat?.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,767 Posts
Levi, nice seat
Is the seat back adjustable on that seat, that pimp daddy lean back is the only thing I don’t like about my seat?.

Yes it is. That's why I wanted this seat instead of what comes with the 1 series. :bigthumb:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,767 Posts
Good job Levi!! :good2:

With a big screw driver, ball peen hammer and lock blade knife, that seat had no choice but to fit. :laugh:
I try to come prepared. :lolol:

·
Premium Member
11,615 Posts
Levi,

Good, no GREAT job on the seat.:good2:

You said the seat is closer and higher, how much closer (roughly)? I can't give up much room because my legs are so long.

I am looking to lean my seat back which I can't now as the upright position is tough on my back. But I also have the cab constraints to deal with so I can't do too much of the Detroit lean........but I would like to do more than the seat currently does.

Also, I don't like arm rests so that's not a concern for me.....can you order the seat without the arm rests?

Thanks for the replies.....:bigthumb:

·
Old Pa-pa
12,597 Posts
Levi, nice seat

That's the gripe I have with the seat on the Z Trak, got adjustable arm rests, but the dang back angle is fixed.
Leans back 10 to 15 degrees too much for my taste, really would want it adjustable depending how my back is aching anyway.

Going to have to pull the seat and see if I can dream up some way to make it adjustable, room ain't a problem for
a little ******* modifying.:laugh:

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Well. You could have saved the money, killed your back, and watched how much fun everyone else was having :lol:

Hopefully they got it back to you for the weekend. I’m going to say no since we ain’t got no picture.

Congrats on the anniversary!
Here's some Pictures of my 120R loader and the finished look from 4 of the stumps I cleaned up with it. It was really a big mess! Around 3 pick up loads of stump shavings had I done it that way. It really made my job sooo much easier!! BTW, all those spots on my garage floor under my tractor is from water. I pressure washed it after I finished the job to get the dust off of it. And thanks for the congrats on the Anniversary!

Attachments

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,767 Posts
Levi,

Good, no GREAT job on the seat.:good2:

You said the seat is closer and higher, how much closer (roughly)? I can't give up much room because my legs are so long.

I am looking to lean my seat back which I can't now as the upright position is tough on my back. But I also have the cab constraints to deal with so I can't do too much of the Detroit lean........but I would like to do more than the seat currently does.

Also, I don't like arm rests so that's not a concern for me.....can you order the seat without the arm rests?

Thanks for the replies.....:bigthumb:
I was close to having the original seat all the way back and at that point even after I modded it so the seat was more upright I couldn't comfortably turn the steering wheel with my hand on it all the way around while turning. Like my arm was to short. Now I have the new seat pushed all the way back as far as it will go with the back in a more upright position and my hand is comfortable on the spinner as I make the turn all the way around. Hope this makes sense to you. My legs are in a more comfortable position too. There are 2 more positions for the seat bottom that would make the front of the seat more down and back by about a ¼" to a ½".

Yes you can get the seat without the arm rests but if you get the whole seat as I did the arm rests come with it. The seat top and bottom pieces will cost over $700.00 where as the whole seat minus the extra arm rests I bought will cost around $500.00. Don't ask me why. :dunno: BTW, the seat back will tilt back more then the original if that's your plan.

That's the gripe I have with the seat on the Z Trak, got adjustable arm rests, but the dang back angle is fixed.
Leans back 10 to 15 degrees too much for my taste, really would want it adjustable depending how my back is aching anyway.

Going to have to pull the seat and see if I can dream up some way to make it adjustable, room ain't a problem for
a little ******* modifying.:laugh:
I modified my original seat to sit more upright. You have to do some cutting and drilling to make it work. Even with that it wasn't upright enough for me. This new seat will do the trick. It leans so far forward that you won't want it there and so far back you won't want it there either unless you want to take a nap. That might be right up your alley on the cabbed tractor. :laugh:

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Here's some Pictures of my 120R loader and the finished look from 4 of the stumps I cleaned up with it. It was really a big mess! Around 3 pick up loads of stump shavings had I done it that way. It really made my job sooo much easier!! BTW, all those spots on my garage floor under my tractor is from water. I pressure washed it after I finished the job to get the dust off of it. And thanks for the congrats on the Anniversary!
You won’t regret that your GTT friends MADE you get it :laugh:
Enjoy.

·
Registered
174 Posts
At Long Last, I can post here because... well we were busy.

1. Gave that Betstco chipper a workout exterminating Russian Olives- a wonderful invasive plant we have here in southern NE that can imitate a tree, a bush, a thorny vine as suits it, and it twist at sharp angles so must be chopped like a potato so it will fit in the chipper!. Sure they smell nice in May, but the dang things will take over. Did leave a couple tall, straight ones for the birds. Otherwise its old man and tractor 1, Olives 0! 2. then its drop the chipper and hang the Tarter tiller to chop up some areas where there were olives - roots exterminated. 3. then its hang the 60" GME mower and get the grass cut, since the chipper has been on for 2 weeks, 4. THEN its drop the mower and hang that spreader I wrote up to run it, make sure new driveline it solid, lube the gearbox, and park it til I get ambition to fall fertilize OR til snow flies:lol:

Time for a shower, a snack, a nap!!

·
Registered
919 Posts
Put $59.40 worth of linear actuator, switch, wire, and shock boot on my blower chute.
Painted the back of the top bar on my push bar flat black..(the LED headlight bulbs made a lot of glare on that)
Then went and bush hogged 1/2 acre and banged me brand new blades up on a rock that stuck up just right...not bad..just not new any more.

linearact.jpg

blowerchute.jpg

pushbarblack.jpg

·
Registered
321 Posts
Took the backhoe down and cleaned out the culvert pipes and tapered them back and away.
While doing that I noticed the neighbors son and grandson hauling loads of gravel with his cub cadet. Just the sound of the shovel into the pile of gravel made my back hurt. When I finished up my work I ran the Deere down to get some real work done. I hauled as much gravel in 40 minutes as they did all day. All that was left was cleanup. They where happy to see me. They had planned 2 days for the project until they seen a Deere run in the yard!

That crushed gravel is some heavy stuff.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Even with the warning light brush guard kit it seems I came close to losing my lights. Not sure when I did it, no doubt one of the times I was trail blazing with the grapple. I just happened to notice when I walked past the other day. Had to remove the lights then hammer the captured nut back into the plastic light housing and reattach. The guard was bent a little also but once bolted back on it was easy to bend back.

20190902_161220.jpg

Good as new (almost).

20190902_162118.jpg

·
Premium Member
15,259 Posts
Even with the warning light brush guard kit it seems I came close to losing my lights. Not sure when I did it, no doubt one of the times I was trail blazing with the grapple. I just happened to notice when I walked past the other day. Had to remove the lights then hammer the captured nut back into the plastic light housing and reattach. The guard was bent a little also but once bolted back on it was easy to bend back.

View attachment 703056

Good as new (almost).

View attachment 703058
Move the lights to the inside of the ROPS.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Move the lights to the inside of the ROPS.

I came real close to doing that, but I'm thinking of adding a pair of work lights mounted to the top of the guard and not sure how well that would work with them mounted inboard.

·
Premium Member
11,615 Posts
I came real close to doing that, but I'm thinking of adding a pair of work lights mounted to the top of the guard and not sure how well that would work with them mounted inboard.
I think I would mount any work lights up on the under side of the top of the ROPS, even facing front and rear, as long as you usually keep your ROPS up.........Not only would they be protected, the higher they are mounted, the less likely they are to bother your vision with either reflection or when you have to turn to look over your shoulder.....

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I think I would mount any work lights up on the under side of the top of the ROPS, even facing front and rear, as long as you usually keep your ROPS up.........Not only would they be protected, the higher they are mounted, the less likely they are to bother your vision with either reflection or when you have to turn to look over your shoulder.....
Good points. I still have a few low hanging branches in my yard that prevents mowing with the ROPS up, so I leave it down most of the time. However, I really only plan to use the lights if I need to clear snow after dark. Not only would having them mounted on the top of the guard affect looking over my shoulder, as you mentioned, but I see now in the picture they would probably reflect off my mirrors and right back into my eyes. For now I guess I'll just wait to see how well the headlights work shining over the plow/blower.

PS: Looking at the pics again, there's a good chance a light mounted under the top of the ROPS would be out of the field of view of the mirror, especially with my forward leaning ROPS. Have to run some experiments. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,888 Posts
I so want to mount a light bar or 2 on my ROPS, but unless I get the urge to go squatching, my tractor stays indoors at night with me.

12581 - 12600 of 17097 Posts