Green Tractor Talk banner

13421 - 13431 of 13431 Posts

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Dan the way I heard the saying was "THE SECOND THING TO GO IS THE MEMORY " but I'll be darned if I can remember what was first to go
One thing that used to fade away for some has been revolutionized by the "Little Blue Pill".

It's not a mid life crisis unless someone my age plans on living to 116.........:laugh::lol:

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Patience is the trick!
Welcome to the GTT website.

Also, congratulations on your photo posting achievement.:good2:

Can you post some photos of the plow attachment to the tractor? I am curious how you are mounting the plow on the 1025r as it appears to not be with the front Quick Hitch assembly for the 1025R. I see a lift cylinder in the picture for a mount for another Deere product, (I think perhaps from the 3xx series from years ago?). I am wondering about the lift and angle of the blade shown.

Also, are you planning on using the entire width of the edge as it is shown mounted?

Just, FYI, There are a couple of ways to post photos. The way I use most often is to;

1. use the "Manage Attachments" button in the reply page, about half a page below where you write your reply. Once you click on the "Manage Attachments" button, a new window will open which will allow you to browse your saved files and select the files you wish to add.

2. Make sure after you select the file location, you click on "Upload Images" or whatever it says in the lower right of the screen where you browse for the files.

3. Once you have uploaded your images, you will notice the file disappears from the tab where you had opened it, which at that point, you close the window with the button on the upper right and return to the general reply / posting area.

4. I usually preview the image to make sure the file is added correctly and then once satisfied, click "Submit Reply" (or whatever it says) on the lower right and you are rocking and rolling. By the way, this is based upon loading photos on a PC. As far as on a portable device, I have no idea as I don't use one for GTT.....

Again. Welcome to GTT and Congratulations on your 2019 1025r.....:bigthumb:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Sulleybear,

I've been repairing my driveway and the road that leads to our house. I find using cold patch or millings, then using a propane torch, like for burning weeds I heat it up real well and tamp it or drive over it with my turf tires to pack it in well.

The judge with the Pizza oven is one of the driveways I plow. His driveway developed two very abrupt potholes which made hitting them with my wheels when plowing almost "violent" they were so deep, yet not large in diameter. It took two bags of cold patch to repair these two holes, the largest which is maybe 18" in diameter, but they were deep.

Check out the damage to his driveway where it is sinking. I parked the tractor in the depressed area to demonstrate how severe it is. Not sure whats causing this, I wonder if it a ground water conical depression as the shape of the entire area which is collapsing is round. Just the one edge of the circle catches about 1/3rd of this driveway. Imagine hitting that with the plow at plowing speed and the sudden drop off and back up.......

·
Registered
10 Posts
Two days ago I made it down to Heavy Hitch and picked up a quick attach front weight bracket, 3 point dual weight bracket with the hitch and suitcase weight cart, along with some 70lb and 41lb weights. As a bonus, the weights came in handy in my pickup truck because the roads were incredibly icy. The heavy hitch stuff is not cheap, but it appears to be incredibly well made. Yesterday I hooked up the 3 point bracket to my imatch and started out with 4 41lb weights to see how it worked with my 54” blower. I spent the next 3.5 hours blowing out the driveways of 2 of my relatives and our entire “family camp.” The family camp includes one driveway that is so steep that 2wd vehicles won’t make it up the slope during the winter. I figured that I would blow it out going downslope, but I gave it a try first going upslope to see how my turf tires worked without chains. There was over a foot of snow on the ground and the top of the slope had added packed snow from the county plow that had cleared the county road. To my amazement the little tractor chugged right up the slope without a problem. Did I mention that my location (Badoura Township) was the coldest spot in the entire country yesterday at -30 degrees Fahrenheit? The coolant temp gauge barely moved off of the lowest peg, but the cab was warm. I believe that the next time I run the machine in those temps I will place an obstructor in front of the radiator to see if the coolant temps come up a little. Yesterday was the reason why I went with the Mauser cab and so far I am pleased with the choice.
20191211-085518.jpg
20191211-123653.jpg

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yesterday I added a Silicone Elbo to Exhaust and put it back in the Garage. Today I am debating if I will use it to go out the the Mail Box or wait for the Wife to come home and pick the Mail up Monday when she comes back home from the Son's House. Other than the News Paper, there is nothing I am waiting for so I am debating.

13421 - 13431 of 13431 Posts