Green Tractor Talk banner

13961 - 13980 of 13996 Posts

·
Registered
21,976 Posts
If I think your are referring to what's left of my pickup truck, that would be my Kawasaki SxS.
Click here.

Thanks. I like to see pictures of the rolling hills and the mountains, too. It gives us all a chance to see where and how all of our friends live.
I often day dream about being in the open fields where you can see forever. Might actually be able to see a sunrise or sunset for a change! But I know my heart is living in the dense woods in the mountains. Just need to visit some open farm areas to get it out of my system.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,218 Posts
Few days ago I bought this...

Yesterday I had them mounted and filled...

And of 'course then mounted on the tractor...

While the R-4 on the right rear did barely touch the wheel hanger on the right rear of the deck even after they were worn down some these new tires do not...

(y)

How she looks now. Mowed some yesterday to check the tires out. Will finish today if nothing else happens. I mowed some of the worse parts of my hills and these tires are the cats meow. They hang right in there going sideways on these hills where the R-4's would slide or start spinning. These tires are what is needed on my property. Less sliding, more grip. It's all good!!! (y)
I bought these at one of our vendors, Miller Tire! They were delivered 2 days later. Thank you Miller tire, great doing business with them. And the lady I talked to was on top of her game. She knew everything, think maybe she done this before. :)

BTW, these are Kenda tires in 4 ply.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Nice weather yesterday, fired up the tractor for the first time in weeks. First step was to do the 200 hour maintenance - a bit late, but then the 50 hour was a bit late too, so the interval was about right. I then put on the forks and cleaned up tree branches from the lawn (deadfall and prunings). On to the corn patch where I used the snowplow to knock down the remaining stalks and stack them at one end. Then to the main garden with the pine straw rake, cleaned up the debris rather well, followed by a pass on the corn patch. Looks nice and clean and ready for tillage (I might rip it first), but that will have to wait for drier weather.

The Original Tractor Cab was getting a little warm inside at only around 55F. I probably should have taken off the doors. We could still be in for snow, so I'll wait to take it off.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,218 Posts
Looks good Levi! (y)
Thank you! Just finished mowing and these tires are great. A whole lot less spinning and they work great in 2WD too! I used 2WD in places I couldn't with the R-4's. Had to try it to see if they were as good as I wanted them to be. The down side, oh yah there is a down side. That being, if the ground is still wet and you do start spinning with these you will relocate your top soil and grass at that spot. That being said they don't spin as quickly as the R-4's. I'm glad I got them.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I got the tractor out and reworked the driveway this afternoon.

View attachment 731753

First time I've had the tractor started and ran since Dec.2019 when I pushed the one and only snow event that was deep enough.
I want to get the crabgrass preventer spread out and the mower deck put on, but we have had way too much rain and everything is just a soggy, spongy mess. Can't even walk across the yard without sinking in.

'
That driveway is accomplished with just a standard back blade ?! That looks better than most new driveways I've seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
14,388 Posts
Levi , agree those tires really make a difference. Since I've been mowing the same property for the last 10+ years with then a x590 then part of the summer with SIL 2305 and now x758 .. They make you think you can go anywhere .. You can't but they are nice. (y)

·
Registered
18 Posts
It finally appears Winter has left the building, so the snowblower came off of the tractor for what my wife refers to as “the two weeks of summer in Northern Minnesota!” The Artillian Grapple went on the front and the WG24 stump grinder went on the back. I ran out of time, so the fitting of the PTO shaft will have to happen this weekend. It’s looking like it’s going to be a couple of weeks until the snow melts and the ground thaws. That gives me enough time to get the machine to the dealership so they can get a mount fabricated for the grapple hydraulic control box to fit with my Mauser cab. Then it’s time to start dealing with the trees down on my property!

·
Registered
75 Posts
It finally appears Winter has left the building, so the snowblower came off of the tractor for what my wife refers to as “the two weeks of summer in Northern Minnesota!” The Artillian Grapple went on the front and the WG24 stump grinder went on the back. I ran out of time, so the fitting of the PTO shaft will have to happen this weekend. It’s looking like it’s going to be a couple of weeks until the snow melts and the ground thaws. That gives me enough time to get the machine to the dealership so they can get a mount fabricated for the grapple hydraulic control box to fit with my Mauser cab. Then it’s time to start dealing with the trees down on my property!

View attachment 731899
View attachment 731903
Now you went and did it. Another big snowstorm has to be on the way.

·
Registered
733 Posts

View attachment 731899
View attachment 731903
Do you make house calls??!! LOL If you show up with that here in Michigan, you might just cause the biggest snow blizzard in Michigan History!!! (It's not nice to fool MOTHER NATURE).

·
Corndog Hater
11,472 Posts
Thank you! Just finished mowing and these tires are great. A whole lot less spinning and they work great in 2WD too! I used 2WD in places I couldn't with the R-4's. Had to try it to see if they were as good as I wanted them to be. The down side, oh yah there is a down side. That being, if the ground is still wet and you do start spinning with these you will relocate your top soil and grass at that spot. That being said they don't spin as quickly as the R-4's. I'm glad I got them.
Thanks for the review! They sound like just the ticket for you and your land. I’m still on the ropes between them and turfs.

·
Registered
21,976 Posts
Tuesday made the final payment on my 1025r. put the box scraper on and broke
out the lane way to help dry better and general clean up
I still remember the day I paid off my 2520 - 9 years ago I think. What a great feeling it is!

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
At it again today. Cut out around lunchtime to rest up for the workweek but I got a ton of wood moved and plenty of seat time.

View attachment 731324 View attachment 731326 View attachment 731327

Brush forks are invaluable. after moving the big wood I use them as a rake to clean around the trees and pickup brush. These little tractors do great in all the tight spots but I might have to get those wheel spacers for more lateral stability. Otherwise this is a well built little loader. It takes all I put on it and likes it.
The wheel spacers are a WONDERFUL addition to the tractor. I can't beleive I waited as long as I did. Single most profound impact on the tractor's handling and ride, of anything I have done. I went 3" on each side as I don't have a MMM, so clearance isn't an issue. Make sure to check with the vendor you choose for the maximum suggested width, based upon your machines configuration. I went with Bro Tek and there is a thread somewhere detailing the process...........nice product, works very well............

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Well done on the tires, Levi. Nice to see you posting again on GTT..........

Removed all of the snow gear and had a pile of fertilizer to move, thank goodness for the pallet forks and pallets to throw the bags on. 26 bags of them in the back of Mrs Bear's SUV. I did a good scrubbing of the inside of the cab floor and door ways, etc to get any snow melt residue out of the machine.

The rear view camera is the handiest thing, even in the bright daylight, the view in the camera is like the lights are on in the garage, look into the mirrors and all you see is the darkness of the inside of the garage........

I have knocked the camera dash monitor off the windshield on to the floor and had it even fall out of the cab on the concrete when I opened the door. The thing is tough and keeps on working. The monitor is so handy, that I rarely look in the mirrors most of the time as the monitor view is usually much better. Also, in the dark, the vehicle lights coming up behind you really show on the monitor and make it easy for them to be seen.

Speaking of the difference in the brightness of the lights, here is a picture of the OEM headlights verses the LED lights in the corner of the cab. One of these days, I will upgrade the headlights when real LED lights become available for them. I could switch the bulbs, I guess, but just haven't found the ones I want to use for the factory headlights.

Lots of projects on the horizon for the tractor. First up, spreading 125 tons of crushed aggregate to build a access road. I met with the supplier briefly yesterday. The state of Michigan has all landscape operations shut down, but this place is still delivering to residential sites for homeowner use. Looks like perhaps early next week, let the project begin. Interesting times we are presently in................

Attachments

·
Registered
587 Posts
I bought a used disc and managed to get the thing off my trailer. I could just barely lift it using the curl function, and had to pull the trailer out from under the disc. I had to load it sideways in my little trailer so I couldn't use the 3 pt to move it. It had a barrel on it for weight. Once the barrel was empty it was better to move around. I'll use concrete weights instead of the water barrel.

Photos to follow. I'll need to take off the quick hitch to use the disc, I can't get enough lifting height on the 3 pt as it is now. I'll have to read up on adjusting the 3 pt, I think TTWT had a video on that.

So after removing the quick hitch and replacing my bent link (?) I got the disk to raise nicely to not drag on my gravel drive. Of course I had to play with it a little. It is still wet here and sprinkling today so it was touch & go in a couple spots.

I have concrete in the loader, drive out to my uneven grass, put the concrete on the disc, lower the link by spinning it, and had a good 30 minutes messing around in the rain.

Did anyone find the size of the link, I know some looked but never saw a size. All I need is the one end to have a backup. Anyone with a bent link want to sell me the good end?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

13961 - 13980 of 13996 Posts