Green Tractor Talk banner

13981 - 13993 of 13993 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
I hooked up the BB5060L and and smoothed out a part of my side lawn. Last fall I took out three large maple trees in preparation to add an addition onto the house. It isn't completely done but it looks a lot better than it did. There are a few decent sized rocks that still need to be dug out and one end needs to be leveled. It is where one of the trees were and it is right on a decent little hill that I haven't tried to smooth out yet. Still getting used to what this little tractor can safely handle and what I think is a little sketchy.

Attachments

·
Registered
452 Posts

Used the 1025r as a work stand / saw station to build planter boxes for The Dear Wife.

Now we need to wait for the treated lumber to dry enough to paint them.

·
Registered
348 Posts

Took down some trees over the past week. This area eventually will be home to a 40' x 50' shop. The cheap China chipper continues to work excellent. For a thousand dollars you really can't go wrong. The issue I ran into was soft ground. I think I will have to put this on hold until things dry up. We are excpected to get tons more rain tomorrow and next week doesn't look great either.

·
Premium Member
4,984 Posts

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,218 Posts
Thanks for the review! They sound like just the ticket for you and your land. I’m still on the ropes between them and turfs.
My opinion if I had flat land I would have AG tires all the way around, because of looks only. Other then that I'd have turfs.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I bought a used disc and managed to get the thing off my trailer. I could just barely lift it using the curl function, and had to pull the trailer out from under the disc. I had to load it sideways in my little trailer so I couldn't use the 3 pt to move it. It had a barrel on it for weight. Once the barrel was empty it was better to move around. I'll use concrete weights instead of the water barrel.

Photos to follow. I'll need to take off the quick hitch to use the disc, I can't get enough lifting height on the 3 pt as it is now. I'll have to read up on adjusting the 3 pt, I think TTWT had a video on that.

So after removing the quick hitch and replacing my bent link (?) I got the disk to raise nicely to not drag on my gravel drive. Of course I had to play with it a little. It is still wet here and sprinkling today so it was touch & go in a couple spots.

I have concrete in the loader, drive out to my uneven grass, put the concrete on the disc, lower the link by spinning it, and had a good 30 minutes messing around in the rain.

Did anyone find the size of the link, I know some looked but never saw a size. All I need is the one end to have a backup. Anyone with a bent link want to sell me the good end?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Replace the left link with one like the one on the left. Then you have more height adjustment. It made a big differance on my 2025R. About 8" more lift on my brush mower.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Replaced the hydraulic hose (LVA20791) for the backhoe dipperstick cylinder. Wasn't too bad to do once I figured out which way to remove the old hose and route the new one. I did it with the backhoe in the position shown in the photos. Removed the hose from the dipperstick cylinder then pulled it up past the pin then pulled it down through the boom. Ran the new one down through the boom and out the bottom. Then connected to the dipperstick cylinder and control block. Much easier that way than the opposite way I tried first. :rolleyes: The old hose had a clamp on it near the swage fitting. I take it that it was a "temporary" repair since it was that way when I got the machine. Before and after pictures:
IMG_9721 copy.jpg
IMG_1380.jpg

·
Registered
82 Posts
Nothing too exciting. Graded gravel lane after severe thunderstorms rolled through Sunday and enjoyed a cigar at the same time.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I forgot to take a picture but i leaned against my loader and stared at my backyard. Does that count for something? The other day i pulled the mower deck out from storage, this will be my first real mowing year with it. I scrape, painted and fluid filmed the underside then cleaned out under the pulleys and greased them up. Had to order a few parts for it too that should be in soon. ill get pictures then.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I forgot to take a picture but i leaned against my loader and stared at my backyard. Does that count for something? The other day i pulled the mower deck out from storage, this will be my first real mowing year with it. I scrape, painted and fluid filmed the underside then cleaned out under the pulleys and greased them up. Had to order a few parts for it too that should be in soon. ill get pictures then.
Worthless Need pics.gif

Did you...............did you really?
Laugh1.gif

13981 - 13993 of 13993 Posts