Green Tractor Talk banner

14541 - 14560 of 14590 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Howdy All,
This past weekend the loader on the 1025R sure earned it's keep. We had an old dog house that was 3' x 5' and darn heavy. It was getting pretty old and starting to rot so it is time to replace it. Before when we wanted to move it we would wrap a strap around it and attempt to pull it with the garden tractor. Not an easy task as the tires would spin.
This time, we set the dog house on the bottom lip of the loader, then wrapped a chain around both ends of the house and attached the chain to the Ken's hooks on the loader. With the tractor at idles it was just a simple curl of the bucket and a lift of the loader. Brought a big smile to my face as it saved a lot of work and dragging it 100 yards to the burn pile. I was able to slowly drive across the property and gently place it at the top of the burn pile.
What a blessing this little tractor has been. In the same day we mowed three acres of grass, tilled a sweet corn patch and then moved the dog house.
Yep, great little helpers and never talk back to you or chew you out like a wife. Best purchase of my life would likely be the itty bitty green tractor and the worse by far was my wife.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I was digging in some hard Carolina clay using my backhoe, sometimes just scratching at the walls of this hole with the bucket teeth to get a scoop out. If I had a post hole digger I might have done the same thing because in my case at least it was probably overkill. I think the instructions are written to the lowest common denominator...if you're digging a hole on a sandy beach or something.

I would like to be a fly in my wood line if someday if someone wants to remove the flag pole and thinks they're going to dig up that corrugated pipe it sits in. They will need a huge excavator to pull my concrete out. :D
Naw, just one of them itty bitty green things with a loader Bh wench, opps, winch works better and a couple of snatch blocks. Or an electric jack hammer will bust it into smaller pieces.....

Oh, i get it. Your trying to justify to the boss the purchase of a new toy the giant excavator:)

·
Premium Member
14,712 Posts
This is what we did with 1025r and Pioneer. The creek bank is slowly going down stream , so I asked our neighbor if I could get some stone from around some of his fields ., no problem get what you want.
So wife and I started hauling stone today. Made 4 trips with Pioneer and 1025r of apx 1/2 mile through the woods and down some wet messy trails and roads. These are only photos coming off the hill to our house, then still need to go below the house to the creek across from the saw mill.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
This is what we did with 1025r and Pioneer. The creek bank is slowly going down stream , so I asked our neighbor if I could get some stone from around some of his fields ., no problem get what you want.
So wife and I started hauling stone today. Made 4 trips with Pioneer and 1025r of apx 1/2 mile through the woods and down some wet messy trails and roads. These are only photos coming off the hill to our house, then still need to go below the house to the creek across from the saw mill.

Looks like you went low and slow with the loader. 👍

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
The new tires arrived today. I removed the wheels from the tractor and took to the dealer to have the new tires installed and loaded. The service department at the dealer is so busy it may be Monday before I get the wheels back. Ugh! Oh well, I'll have to work on other projects while I wait.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
The new tires arrived today. I removed the wheels from the tractor and took to the dealer to have the new tires installed and loaded. The service department at the dealer is so busy it may be Monday before I get the wheels back. Ugh! Oh well, I'll have to work on other projects while I wait.

View attachment 739829
Is that a dirt floor? I have one of those and each year i say i am going to concrete it in and never do. This year I'm gonna do it!....and add spacers on my wheels

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Decided to move some rocks around and finish the planter on the other side of the driveway. Moved the rocks that I had put there before my surgery and brought out some dirt and raised up the back by the trees. Then i decided to change some of the rocks around and switched some out for different ones and then hauled out what dry dirt I had in the pile. Turned out it was all pretty wet still.

So its semi ready to put flowers in. G and I went flower shopping at a nearby plant nursery. Family owned. We are going to swing by one tomorrow when we go to pick up Jenny's meds in Jersey.

We love having hummingbirds here and this year we are able to plant flowers again. The butterfly's and Bumblebees along with the honey bees like it too.
20200517_144751.jpg
20200517_144758.jpg
20200517_180217.jpg

So once we are done I will post pics of the final products. My neighbor asked me tonight if I had any rocks to build them a planter next to mine. Gonna try and do that later this morning.

Gotta try and get some sleep!
WB 🚜🇺🇸

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,404 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,712 Posts
Both ways were fun for the Pioneer driver, wind was blowing about 20mph and for the first 2 loads temps were 45-52° ... I had taken the windshield and and doors off the tractor.

MeagerHair Yes for the first load almost on the ground, some DS for got to put more air in the tires. After getting home checked only had about 5# of air in the rear tires and 8# in the front... now they have 20# front and back.

Jason,,, NICE ... (y)(y)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Well.. What did I do Yesterday and the day before?
.. Dug the sod off of my 25x20 garden area, leaving a 3-6"deep hole... then went "out back" and dug up 5 or 6 yards of really nice topsoil (its at the bottom of a huge hill side field) to put back in the hole.
Used my landscape rake to "pick rock"... NICE!
Now I'm debating.. as it did pack some while working it... if i want to till it with my Frankenstein's Monster RT5 Tiller... (and suffer from back pain for days) Or just use the tiny weed whacker tiller I have to do each row.. I have some 5-10-5 i want to mix in (I think...)
I'm not at all a gardener... I've planted a garden 6 times in the 23 year I've been here (mostly to do it with my kids when they were little).. and had mixed sucess.
Wife suggested it this year... and.. I wanted to get more familiar with this loader... so.. play time was fun!
If I did this every year.. I'd get a 3pt tiller... but its super unpredictable...
My tooth bar (the one from my 318 loader) did very well for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
Can you rent a rear tine, walk behind tiller? Those old front tine tillers will tear you up.
Oh I know... that's why I'm "thinkin' about it"

I did use the loader to mix the "new soil" in with the "old dirt"... I just want to loosen my rows and till in the 5-10-5
I think I'm gonna take off the outside tines on the RT5 and just do the rows... Wont be too bad ;)
Not so sure about the usefullness of the weed whacker tiller for much more than weeding maybe...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Is that a dirt floor? I have one of those and each year i say i am going to concrete it in and never do. This year I'm gonna do it!....and add spacers on my wheels
It's been 12 years since I first got a quote to have mine poured (30x40 slab inside, between 2 other slabs),
and I finally pulled the trigger about 3 weeks ago. Half the slab is curing now, the other half gets poured
on Tuesday. Looks amazing. busy putting sealer on also filling the saw cuts to keep mud out in the winter.
(I know, no pictures, but it's not done yet, maybe next Wednesday when the other half is poured)

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Decided to move some rocks around and finish the planter on the other side of the driveway. Moved the rocks that I had put there before my surgery and brought out some dirt and raised up the back by the trees. Then i decided to change some of the rocks around and switched some out for different ones and then hauled out what dry dirt I had in the pile. Turned out it was all pretty wet still.

So its semi ready to put flowers in. G and I went flower shopping at a nearby plant nursery. Family owned. We are going to swing by one tomorrow when we go to pick up Jenny's meds in Jersey.

We love having hummingbirds here and this year we are able to plant flowers again. The butterfly's and Bumblebees along with the honey bees like it too. View attachment 739833 View attachment 739834 View attachment 739835

So once we are done I will post pics of the final products. My neighbor asked me tonight if I had any rocks to build them a planter next to mine. Gonna try and do that later this morning.

Gotta try and get some sleep!
WB 🚜🇺🇸
Looking good. I get a kick out of those hummers. Did you know they can learn to identify individual humans? I saved one one winter about to die of starvation and he never forgot me. It was cold and zero for them to eat and I spied this little guy in the bushes all puffed up looking like he was ready to fall over dead and i remembered an old hummer feeder i had. I got the feeder mixed up a 25% sugar solution filled the feeder and took it out to the bird. I hung the feeder a couple of feet from him and he immediately went over and started eating. He stopped, came over and hovered inches from my nose for a bit then when back to feeding. After that every once in awhile a hummer would comebuzz in front of my nose. That went on for eight years then no more. Turns out that is the life span of a hummer. I miss little tweet.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
I had the pole barn put up in 2009. Dirt floor with plastic laid over it and covered with gravel. I wish at the time I rolled a concrete floor into the price of the financing for the pole barn. I'm doing it piece meal as I get funding now. It will be a while before the whole of the pole barn is done since it is 48 x 96.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I had the pole barn put up in 2009. Dirt floor with plastic laid over it and covered with gravel. I wish at the time I rolled a concrete floor into the price of the financing for the pole barn. I'm doing it piece meal as I get funding now. It will be a while before the whole of the pole barn is done since it is 48 x 96.
I'm going to do mine myself i think a small piece at a time. Tired of working on a dirt floor. Mine dosen't even have gravel. Maybe i should just build a new one from the floor up and contract it out.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I started digging stumps. Worst job ever.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
14541 - 14560 of 14590 Posts