Green Tractor Talk banner

14561 - 14580 of 14590 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Made a mini go-kart track for my son.
View attachment 739952
Just with the loader and bucket. Was a lot of work and there are some cleaning up to do :) but it’s a work in progress.
I really like this idea and it really makes mowing a challenge. The back and forth row by row can get boring .👍

·
Premium Member
14,712 Posts
Just came in from changing the baby fuel filter. I noticed the other day if I didn't wait the 5-7 seconds to start the tractor it would sputter and act like it would not run for 30sec or so. Filter seemed dirty and it had been about 120 hrs since the last time I changed..
So IMO a good time to change it setting in the building compared to doing it maybe the mmm on ,or tractor setting in a mud hole...

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
It's been wet and muddy here, but I still have to mow. The grass would get away from me if I didn't at least try to keep half way presentable.

I'll have to give a good cleaning when all this is over.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Spread some mulch

The first couple scoops out of the truck were easy. After that it had to be done manually. Still, it's so much easier and faster to shovel something down and out of the bed than up and in.

·
Registered
625 Posts
More stumps and tons and tons of dirt and rock.

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
Did not feel like lifting this 100LB+ motor...so used the FEL. Do not have an engine hoist. I may get one at some point, tho the engine I will be putting is 84 LB's and I can lift that OK.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Did not feel like lifting this 100LB+ motor...so used the FEL. Do not have an engine hoist. I may get one at some point, tho the engine I will be putting is 84 LB's and I can lift that OK.

your loader should be able to handle the job without you risking your back. Would take a trained hand on the controls though.

·
Premium Member
8,794 Posts
MeagerHair Yes for the first load almost on the ground, some DS for got to put more air in the tires. After getting home checked only had about 5# of air in the rear tires and 8# in the front... now they have 20# front and back.
For a second, I was wondering what Diesel Shadow had to do with the air in the tires...........now I see who you were talking about......a "Descriptive So and So"............

Well.. What did I do Yesterday and the day before?
.. Dug the sod off of my 25x20 garden area, leaving a 3-6"deep hole... then went "out back" and dug up 5 or 6 yards of really nice topsoil (its at the bottom of a huge hill side field) to put back in the hole.
Used my landscape rake to "pick rock"... NICE!
Now I'm debating.. as it did pack some while working it... if i want to till it with my Frankenstein's Monster RT5 Tiller... (and suffer from back pain for days) Or just use the tiny weed whacker tiller I have to do each row.. I have some 5-10-5 i want to mix in (I think...)
I think I would put "FrankenTiller" out by the road with a sign on it, and let some brave new soul become intimate friends with it. Sometimes, the pain and days of agony simply aren't worth it.......Plus this is tiller season and someone will jump on it. (y)

Now that you have the soil loosened up, I think the little "weeding tiller" should suffice for loosening up just the rows or planting areas.........No need to loosen up where you will be walking between the rows.......Good luck with the garden and make sure to post pictures during the season......

·
Premium Member
8,794 Posts
Chex313's Engine Hoist reminded me how I used my 1025r a few days ago.........

My neighbor asked me if I had any ideas for lifting up his tractor to make some service work a little easier......Of course we can find a way to lift that x73x up........

Important points for anyone considering this......

• Safety, first and foremost. Use jack stands under any machine lifted for repairs. Period.
  • Understand when you lift anything with such an arrangement, the item you are lifting is DRAWN TO YOU, so make sure to start lifting above the item to avoid unintended impact and damage.
  • Use the proper hardware to secure the straps together, I used a threaded anchor shackle so the straps were secure.
  • While I was originally going to use the KBOH's on my FEL bucket, removing the bucket for clearance and visibility was a much better way to go.
  • Slow and steady is the rule when lifting and lowering. Be aware that with the weight on the machine, its difficult to "slowly" lower the lifted item so take it easy.
  • When lifting a Hydrostatic driven machine, release the parking brake and also use the "machine transport" positon for the hydro release lever so the machine isn't being drug on the pavement against the systems hydraulics.
  • When I was first lifting the tractor on the front, It seemed a little heavy. Turned out the parking brake was set and the tractor not in "transport mode". I was dragging the entire tractor on cement with the rear tires locked. Once he released the brake and the transport lever, the lifting was far easier.

He wanted it lifted with the angle shown to make getting the oversized impact under the tractor easier. First lifted with the tilt to the left and then moved the strap and lifted with the angle to the right. Tractor did not "rock" at all, it was picked up intentionally off center. Never work under anything which is intentionally rocking as the straps could shift and ugliness would almost surely ensue.

He went after the first spindle bolt and hit it and hit it with the impact. Finally, I got his attention and made the "reverse the direction" signals out of the cab and asked "Did you reverse the direction of the gun?" Nope, turned out he was tightening the spindle bolts, as he went after each one. Hey, we have all made that mistake, right?

Then, the 18v DeWalt wouldn't back the bolts off, so I ended up going home and getting the right socket for the Impact AND I got my 3/4" drive long handled ratchet which provided the leverage to break the spindle bolts loose. This required blocking the spindle movement with blocks of 2x4 up under the deck to hold the blades when using the manual ratchet.

In the end, all done. We were standing there talking after the project and somehow the topic of "Linner" came up (late lunch, early dinner) and I mentioned I was thinking about getting some nacho's. He agreed that Nacho's sounded like a good idea and as they say, "That was that".........

Since I had the tractor and straps and all necessary stuff already out, I went home and lifted my ExMark and swapped the blades and scraped the deck with my favorite 5 gallon paint stir stick. I like to use the thick wooden and longer paint stir stick as it doesn't scrape the paint and its tough enough to get the job done. Probably, 15 to 20 minutes and I was all done and putting everything away................

As I am putting away all of my toys and hanging the straps back up, my neighbors wife pulled int he driveway and handed me a bag tied shut out of her SUV window.......Apparently, she had run down to the nearby restaurant and returned with a plate of nachos for Mrs. Bear and I.........Sure, they are a heart attack on a plate, but man they were GOOD!

tractorlift1.jpg
tractorlift2.jpg
nachos.jpg

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Chex313's Engine Hoist reminded me how I used my 1025r a few days ago.........

My neighbor asked me if I had any ideas for lifting up his tractor to make some service work a little easier......Of course we can find a way to lift that x73x up........

Important points for anyone considering this......

• Safety, first and foremost. Use jack stands under any machine lifted for repairs. Period.
  • Understand when you lift anything with such an arrangement, the item you are lifting is DRAWN TO YOU, so make sure to start lifting above the item to avoid unintended impact and damage.
  • Use the proper hardware to secure the straps together, I used a threaded anchor shackle so the straps were secure.
  • While I was originally going to use the KBOH's on my FEL bucket, removing the bucket for clearance and visibility was a much better way to go.
  • Slow and steady is the rule when lifting and lowering. Be aware that with the weight on the machine, its difficult to "slowly" lower the lifted item so take it easy.
  • When lifting a Hydrostatic driven machine, release the parking brake and also use the "machine transport" positon for the hydro release lever so the machine isn't being drug on the pavement against the systems hydraulics.
  • When I was first lifting the tractor on the front, It seemed a little heavy. Turned out the parking brake was set and the tractor not in "transport mode". I was dragging the entire tractor on cement with the rear tires locked. Once he released the brake and the transport lever, the lifting was far easier.
He wanted it lifted with the angle shown to make getting the oversized impact under the tractor easier. First lifted with the tilt to the left and then moved the strap and lifted with the angle to the right. Tractor did not "rock" at all, it was picked up intentionally off center. Never work under anything which is intentionally rocking as the straps could shift and ugliness would almost surely ensue.

He went after the first spindle bolt and hit it and hit it with the impact. Finally, I got his attention and made the "reverse the direction" signals out of the cab and asked "Did you reverse the direction of the gun?" Nope, turned out he was tightening the spindle bolts, as he went after each one. Hey, we have all made that mistake, right?

Then, the 18v DeWalt wouldn't back the bolts off, so I ended up going home and getting the right socket for the Impact AND I got my 3/4" drive long handled ratchet which provided the leverage to break the spindle bolts loose. This required blocking the spindle movement with blocks of 2x4 up under the deck to hold the blades when using the manual ratchet.

In the end, all done. We were standing there talking after the project and somehow the topic of "Linner" came up (late lunch, early dinner) and I mentioned I was thinking about getting some nacho's. He agreed that Nacho's sounded like a good idea and as they say, "That was that".........

Since I had the tractor and straps and all necessary stuff already out, I went home and lifted my ExMark and swapped the blades and scraped the deck with my favorite 5 gallon paint stir stick. I like to use the thick wooden and longer paint stir stick as it doesn't scrape the paint and its tough enough to get the job done. Probably, 15 to 20 minutes and I was all done and putting everything away................

As I am putting away all of my toys and hanging the straps back up, my neighbors wife pulled int he driveway and handed me a bag tied shut out of her SUV window.......Apparently, she had run down to the nearby restaurant and returned with a plate of nachos for Mrs. Bear and I.........Sure, they are a heart attack on a plate, but man they were GOOD!

View attachment 740199 View attachment 740201 View attachment 740202
properly made nachos withoyt hydrogenated oils is a healthy snack. Trouble is all fast food and most restruants go for the cheap stuff made with hydrogenated oils and man made chemicals for flavorings. Cottonseed oil is very commonly used. Cotton being a non food crop is not restricted like food crops are regaurding chemical use and then they make oil out of the seeds and approve it for food use. Don't figure.
Sorry for going off on your comment but Nachos are a healthy food if you take the time to buy quality ingredients and make them yourself. I do so maybe once a year:)

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Last sping, frost-jacking sheared my well’s hydrant connection, turning the well head into a soupy mess. My well driller “dug” down the 13 feet to the connection with an excavator, fixed it, then replaced that upper steel casing with modern PVC. Successful adventure but turned the area into a real hog-waller for sure. And you can see one of the sprinkler mains that they ripped up just flopping in the breeze. Not to mention the power line to the well pump that I would ultimately have to re-bury.

So...I had a lot of repair work to the grounds....it took 20 yards of dirt to do it but it worked out well. The Ratchet Rake got the MVT award for this project. It really shines as a tool for front-levelling and back-dragging all that dirt. Compared to what it would have cost me to have a landscaper do the re-landscaping, my 1023E almost paid for itself on this one project. Throw in dealing with the 13 dead and wind-storm damages spruce trees from last year, and the dead tree and deadfall removal from the woods at the back of the property....I am WAY ahead of the game relative to cost-efficiency.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Wow, nice trailer MacCool, I'm sure you probably showed it off around here somewhere before but I seem to have missed it.

·
Super Moderator
8,041 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Had a tree service take down a dead tree. Cutting and stacking for the log splitter.

Doug

·
Registered
734 Posts
Pallet forks and a pallet turned into a mobile scaffold for installing gutter guards.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Was going to post this the other day and didn't. So I built my new planter at the end of my drive and my neighbor asks me if I have more rocks? Do I have more rocks? :unsure:

I kind of matched the one they built a few weeks ago on the other side. I think it looks ok. She said Holy Sh? T when she saw it. Lol. She said, I didn't think you were making it so big. I replied, I had no guidance so I made it like the other side. I can make it smaller if you like.? She said no. I just buy more flowers. 🌻
20200521_195925.jpg

I threw in some dirt and spread it out for them. They are going to work on it soon.

WB 🚜🇺🇸🌻

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I helped my buddy take out 2 trees, 2 stumps and lots of roots yesterday. Root Ripper is the best tool ever. I leave tree whole so i can use the weight to get stump out
Sparkschaser, are you the one in the picture with the Combat Engr shirt on? I was a Combat Engineer too! Oct 88 to May 95! If that is you Thank you for service!
Take care!
Wentonbrown

14561 - 14580 of 14590 Posts