Green Tractor Talk banner

14921 - 14940 of 15028 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
And for the first time in about ever, I am hoping for snow this winter. I wanna move some with the 1025....I went from a shovel to a walk-behind blower, and that was nice. A very welcome upgrade with a 200'+ driveway, plus parking area. The 1025 I think will make me much, much happier still.
Here are a couple of my snow plowing and stacking project photos to get you in the "snow plowing mood".

The picture during the daytime is when I had taken off the plow and put the FEL and bucket on to stack the piles in the street, which I had plowed with the 1025r. The piles shown are BEFORE I began the stacking process.

The night time photo was actually at about 3:30am, when I was plowing a neighbors driveway who had to leave that morning to begin his bone marrow transplant for cancer treatment. They had to leave early to be at the hospital which is about 3 hours away, so I made sure to open his driveway early that am..........

snow piles.jpg

plowing JB's drive.jpg

·
Registered
403 Posts
Get a set of forks and you will also gain all sorts of new friends around the neighborhood........ ;)
All my neighbors have their own.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
443 Posts
Went and got it today after warranty work.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Today was a good day. It was the first day I used the 1025R to make some money and not just save it. Two of my neighbors paid me to help them move some dirt. The first job was just scraping off 6 inches of sure pack so they could repair part of theit driveway.
21655.jpeg

The second job involved using the backhoe to dig a rectangular ditch 2' deep, 4' wide, and 18' long. He is putting in a chicken coup and is planting the fence 2' below grade to protect them from the predators in the area.
20200626_164308.jpg

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Today was a good day. It was the first day I used the 1025R to make some money and not just save it. Two of my neighbors paid me to help them move some dirt. The first job was just scraping off 6 inches of sure pack so they could repair part of theit driveway. View attachment 744570 View attachment 744570

The second job involved using the backhoe to dig a rectangular ditch 2' deep, 4' wide, and 18' long. He is putting in a chicken coup and is planting the fence 2' below grade to protect them from the predators in the area. View attachment 744571 View attachment 744571
Isnt that an awfully narrow chicken coop?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
After 6 years of mowing yucca plants, rocks, and tree branches (and a little grass now and then), I decided to try some gator blades. In areas where I'm bringing in new grass, the clippings were coming out too long and I was having to rake them up so that they didn't smother the new grass.

When I installed the blades, I had to chip away some of the yuck so that they could turn freely. Either these blades were a little longer or my old blades had worn off some of their ends. After the deck was scraped, the blades were the perfect size.

I have mowed twice now with the new gator blades. They provide a clean cut with no second pass ever required, even in tall stuff. They are also doing a good job of reducing the size and visibility of the clippings.

I was surprised at how much the new gator blades changed the sound of the mowing deck when in operation. I"m very sensitive to machinery noise and I believe it's valuable to let you know when anything is wrong. It took some time to get used to the new blades. You get a sense that the tractor is about to go airborne.

·
Registered
23,075 Posts
I was surprised at how much the new gator blades changed the sound of the mowing deck when in operation.
I noticed the increased noise also. A lot of folks say they hear no difference.

I’ve become used to it now after years of using the Gator blades. Once in a while I will install my mulch kit which has its own blades - the deck is so quiet then!

I don’t care as I always wear hearing protection. The Gator blades work fantastically for me as I always have wet grass in sections no matter how dry it’s been. Also only need to touch them up with a file once a year.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I had this arrive today. Sounds like I get to play with it for a week or two.
I sure hope I don't like it better than the 1023e!!

My first thought... how do I make that Linear actuator for the mower deck fit my 1023e? and ..wonder how much!!
My first and a half thought was ... This has independent brakes!!! Oh MY!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I had this arrive today. Sounds like I get to play with it for a week or two.
I sure hope I don't like it better than the 1023e!!

My first thought... how do I make that Linear actuator for the mower deck fit my 1023e? and ..wonder how much!!
My first and a half thought was ... This has independent brakes!!! Oh MY!

View attachment 744621
Man what deal did you workout for that situation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Stump Grinders are for wimps :cool:

Turned a stump into a hole and then a hole into a bunch of dirt today.
Was able to get the stump out using a combo of my BH expanded thumb and ripper tooth. was right at the margin of the 260Bs capability; wasn’t able to pull her out with the standard 12” bucket attached. Ripper is much lighter, and made the difference.

Would need to be twice that size without the root ripper!

Turkeys admiring my in-progress handy-work:

Wound up Putting back and burying the largest chunk of stump. Still accomplishes the goal of not being a problem to mow around. Going to let the dirt settle for a bit, and then put another layer of soil down.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ground out 3 more stumps with my woodland mills wg24 (that makes 25 stumps since I got it) and then put it on the bottom half of the shipping crate that it came in. I had wheels welded on the frame of the crate so the grinder is easy to wheel around the pole barn now. The box blade went on the imatch and I used the scarifiers to rip out the numerous small roots and then smoothed out a new ATV trail that we cut out of the woods on the edge of our property. This little machine continues to put a smile on my face every time I get to use it!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I’ve done that a few times with larger stumps. Makes more sense in a lot of situations. Easy to get rid of the stump and much less fill.
The only problem with putting the stump back in the hole is that over the next 10-15 years it decomposes and you end up with a hole there anyway.

·
Administrator
18,314 Posts
The only problem with putting the stump back in the hole is that over the next 10-15 years it decomposes and you end up with a hole there anyway.
I have a friend going through this now, has an older house on a wooded lot and now two huge sinkholes staring in his backyard. I can almost guarantee it’s where the stumps where buried.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,834 Posts
I have a friend going through this now, has an older house on a wooded lot and now two huge sinkholes staring in his backyard. I can almost guarantee it’s where the stumps where buried.
Your friend is going to fight this issue for years to come.

·
Administrator
18,314 Posts
Your friend is going to fight this issue for years to come.
Yes. He is looking for a contractor with an excavator to come dig it out to see whats there, then back fill. It won't be cheap.

14921 - 14940 of 15028 Posts