Green Tractor Talk banner

14941 - 14960 of 14993 Posts

·
Administrator
18,276 Posts
Wouldn't using a stump grinder lead to the same issues though? You still have a large portion of stump underground, including the roots/root ball.
It sure can IF they are not ground deep.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,773 Posts
Wouldn't using a stump grinder lead to the same issues though? You still have a large portion of stump underground, including the roots/root ball.
A lot of times contractors dig one big hole and bury many stumps in one hole.

·
Registered
131 Posts
It does. The best method is to dig out as much of the stump as possible and then fill the hole with dirt.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Moved it from it's parking spot 10 feet over to do an oil change .
oil change.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2,443 Posts
Before:

After:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Moved it from the barn up to the house so I can take the garbage out to the road tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
9,094 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,094 Posts
I did a little mowing in the river area....

Before

Lowerbefore.jpg

After........

Lowerdone.jpg

·
Registered
136 Posts
Replaced the fixed link on the 3 point with a 2nd adjustable link. The extra lift height at the implement is night and day. The 1025R 3 point goes plenty low so I've got them shortened almost as far as they go.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
A lot of times contractors dig one big hole and bury many stumps in one hole.
They bury more than just stumps unfortunately

·
Registered
392 Posts
Replaced the fixed link on the 3 point with a 2nd adjustable link. The extra lift height at the implement is night and day. The 1025R 3 point goes plenty low so I've got them shortened almost as far as they go.
View attachment 744969
I did that on my 2025R as well. It gets the brush mower up off the ground. Even on the igher 2025R it still goes plenty low for my quick hitch to grab all my implements. But if I need it lower that's not hard to do either.

·
Registered
61 Posts
View attachment 744969
Looks good!

Really like the look of those pins you have on the lift arms (my fingers don’t hurt looking at them)! What are they and where’d you get them?

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,621 Posts
View attachment 744969
Just a little tid bit of information, that hole in the top left of the PTO shield is there for the chain from your implement PTO guard. I've never liked them rubbing against the threads on the top link.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Looks good!

Really like the look of those pins you have on the lift arms (my fingers don’t hurt looking at them)! What are they and where’d you get them?

Thanks!!

Those pins are what came with it - 2017 1025R. They do work pretty well.

·
Registered
120 Posts

Ive seen them called bow tie cotter pins.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Those pins are what came with it - 2017 1025R. They do work pretty well.
Interesting! My 2019 2025R came with pins best engineered to give your fingers fits! I’ll check the older config 1025r parts pub, thanks!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Interesting! My 2019 2025R came with pins best engineered to give your fingers fits! I’ll check the older config 1025r parts pub, thanks!

My 2019 2025R came with the one he has too.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,094 Posts
They bury more than just stumps unfortunately
I had a near fist fight with a contractor who was working on a new water supply line service installation on a friends mobile home park property. My friend had the work scheduled to happen for some time and then he was unable to supervise the work and make sure things were done as he wanted, due to a death in the family. He asked me to "take over" his supervisory duties.

As the guys finished all of the various line installs and riser placements, they started throwing all of the trash from the job into the hole right before they were back filling. Empty boxes, Their lunch trash, the various pieces of cut off PVC pipe, basically everything which should have been in a trash dumpster. I asked the guys what they were doing and the reply was "We always do this".

"Not here you won't be" was my reply. The guy refused to retrieve the items he had thrown in the hole before I stopped him. I told him he was either going down in the hole and picking up the trash feet first, or head first, but he was getting the garbage out of the hole.

He kept insisting "What difference does it make"? I told him trash goes in the landfill and this ISN'T a landfill.............He also insisted "All crews do it", like I care......Just seems very lazy and unnecessary to me and a half arsed way to do the job............Very unprofessional.......In the end, the trash came out of the hole but I still don't get the concept of just burying trash in your yard on your water supply lines because there is a hole there.........

I could just picture a damaged water line and digging it up and encountering the trash while looking for the line. Just doesn't seem the right way to do it to me.............

14941 - 14960 of 14993 Posts