Green Tractor Talk banner

14961 - 14980 of 15028 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
I had a near fist fight with a contractor who was working on a new water supply line service installation on a friends mobile home park property. My friend had the work scheduled to happen for some time and then he was unable to supervise the work and make sure things were done as he wanted, due to a death in the family. He asked me to "take over" his supervisory duties.

As the guys finished all of the various line installs and riser placements, they started throwing all of the trash from the job into the hole right before they were back filling. Empty boxes, Their lunch trash, the various pieces of cut off PVC pipe, basically everything which should have been in a trash dumpster. I asked the guys what they were doing and the reply was "We always do this".

"Not here you won't be" was my reply. The guy refused to retrieve the items he had thrown in the hole before I stopped him. I told him he was either going down in the hole and picking up the trash feet first, or head first, but he was getting the garbage out of the hole.

He kept insisting "What difference does it make"? I told him trash goes in the landfill and this ISN'T a landfill.............He also insisted "All crews do it", like I care......Just seems very lazy and unnecessary to me and a half arsed way to do the job............Very unprofessional.......In the end, the trash came out of the hole but I still don't get the concept of just burying trash in your yard on your water supply lines because there is a hole there.........

I could just picture a damaged water line and digging it up and encountering the trash while looking for the line. Just doesn't seem the right way to do it to me.............
I have worked construction for many years. That is not normal and likely not legal.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
It’s against the law I’m most states. Also when you sell a property you have to disclose if there’s anything buried. Pipe layers and drillers are notorious for throwing their garbage in the holes. Their measuring tape gets muddy, throw it in the hole. Lunch, throw it in the hole. I’ve been on job sites where there’s trash all over the site and a dumpster right there. People are disrespectful. And forget about it when the taco truck shows up! Talk about a bunch of animals. Then the crows get ahold of it and it’s across the street and all over. Superintendents have put garbage cans with lids out and they still don’t give a crap. Hour later the cans full of greasy paper plates and what not and the lid is on the ground while the crows have their sloppy seconds. Guess which part of our work force is usually the culprit.

·
Super Moderator
2,457 Posts
Nice, when did all of this happen?

Also, I was trying to see if there was a Chain Box on your IMatch, but I couldn't tell.......................
Oh, it came in a couple weeks ago and I spent much of the last 2 weekends putting it together. I have to add a relay into a circuit I installed and install the heater kit yet, but she's a rolling sweatbox now 😄 When December comes, I hope to be plowing in Bermuda shorts. Aww...who am I kidding...I don't wear shorts.

I test fitted the chain box a couple months ago, but didn't really like it. I kept hitting it trying to get to the toolbox on the right side. I took it off and set it aside because I knew the cab was in my future, and that the toolbox had to come off for the cab. Now I have to figure out something for a toolbox again. The chain box might go back on, I'm not sure. I might just run it in the winter as a good place to have a tow strap or chain for pulling my dumb self out of a ditch 😁.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I used the 2032r on loan to me to move some rocks today, and used it to mow 2 acres yesterday.
I gotta say.. it is a really nice tractor.
The power is amazing, the seat very comfortable, the SCV is nice, deck goes on and off easily, loader as well... I love having independent brakes, and the e-throttle is great. For being such a large tractor, it is nimble and doesn't destroy the soft ground the way I thought it might.
Not sure about the electric deck lift... I'd not want to have to fix that when it fails... but it does work nice, and if it is, in fact, a reliable system that will live 20 years... I'd like to see something like that one the 1-series.

I am reassured that I made the right choice with my 1023e and 54" deck. This one is just a bit too big for my property, does leave some dings in the yard, and the 72" deck is way too wide for my "curvy" surface, and tree rich yard.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Yeah, all other (very valid) arguments aside, that sounds like littering, which is breaking the law. Period.
I find it best to only put things that will decompose in my backyard holes...bodies and such..(whoops)o_O

·
Registered
403 Posts
It’s against the law I’m most states. Also when you sell a property you have to disclose if there’s anything buried. Pipe layers and drillers are notorious for throwing their garbage in the holes. Their measuring tape gets muddy, throw it in the hole. Lunch, throw it in the hole. I’ve been on job sites where there’s trash all over the site and a dumpster right there. People are disrespectful. And forget about it when the taco truck shows up! Talk about a bunch of animals. Then the crows get ahold of it and it’s across the street and all over. Superintendents have put garbage cans with lids out and they still don’t give a crap. Hour later the cans full of greasy paper plates and what not and the lid is on the ground while the crows have their sloppy seconds. Guess which part of our work force is usually the culprit.
Would the taco truck be a hint?

·
Registered
403 Posts
I find it best to only put things that will decompose in my backyard holes...bodies and such..(whoops)o_O
Rioters I hope. Don't forget the lime.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I got the 200 hour service done. As many others have said, I hate that small fuel filter under the left side. I bought a fancy hose pincher with locking flat blades to cut off the flow of diesel. The tool failed in grand fashion. Leaving me dripping in diesel and my new concrete wet with fuel.

I found my large oil pan had a leak, after I pulled the hydraulic plug. Oh snap!

But it feels good to get the service done. Now to order more pig absorbent pads.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
When I was building my house ( 20 years ago), I found a 1/2 eaten burrito stuck in the rafters by one of the framers. I had a serious talk with the framing manager. Never happened again but I have since found several walls that are not plumb, like out a inch :) I wonder...
I had a custom home built, but I was on site just about every day after I got off work. I was constantly cleaning up. The worse culprit were the block wall builders. If you have concrete block masonry in your house you likely have trash stuffed down in them. Beyond that, it was a constant battle to stop the framers from burning lumber I paid for. They'd cut three feet off a 10' 2"x4" and burn the other seven, then cut seven feet off another and burn the other three feet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Finished installing my Artillian Hydraulic Diverter Kit and Hydraulic Diverter Splitter Manifold— On my 2019 1025R/120R Loader - For my Artillian Grapple-Rake-Grapple.
The HYDRAULICS install went great. Good instructions and multiple videos helped.
Had a couple of leaks on the Grapple-Rake-Grapple connections -
But they were relatively easy to resolve.
The ELECTRIC portion of the installation was a bit more difficult -
Owing to my 12 volt tractor electrical inexperience -
And a lack of specific instructions from Artillian (unlike their detailed Hydraulic instructions).
Videos - By Tim Marks - And especially one by Dash Thunder - Saved the day.
Wired it directly to an empty fuse slot in the fuse block.
Safely routing the wiring to it from the SCV handle was the challenge.
(I now know how to remove/replace the floor. Greased a couple of U-Joints while it was off.)

Just passed 49+ hours - So... The 50 hour service gets done tomorrow.
Back to the GTT videos tonight.😉

Woa! I checked the Operator’s Manual (Copyright 2019) -
That came with my 2019 1025R.
The 50 Hour Hydraulic Filter/Fluid and Screen Clean is gone.
Same thing when I checked the online/electronic version -
Also Copyright 2019.
Now done at the 200 hour service.
Big change.

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
. Guess which part of our work force is usually the culprit.

Sounds like the crows....... :LOL:

Sorry, I couldn't resist........

·
Registered
470 Posts
I did the 400 hour service today (at 386 hrs).
Also found the old style air cleaner is broken so Monday I will call my dealer about the upgrade.

·
Registered
443 Posts
This tractor has a turbo....
I buried a lot of wire in a very short amount of time....
Details after I'm done with the task

(I do still miss my 1023e... But this is pretty cool...)

·
Registered
443 Posts
Yup ...

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
I think BWV has a crush on the new loaner tractor. Wait when the dealer gets it back and finds it has 100 new hours on it.......... :giggle:

I smell a trade up in the works.........or a lot of future "warranty work" on the 1023e where the loaner is needed while the dealer is working on the 1 series......

By the way, I gave my tractor the last few days off as its been too hot, with the "feels like 96 degree" nonsense and the actual air temp at 88 degrees and no breeze to speak of..........It's staying in the shade in the garage stall......

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Was going to mow but it rained a little so I hooked up my rear blade and regraded my driveway. The HH tooth bar makes an awesome scarifier btw.

Once I had it all graded I wanted to try out my new drag. I demoed a chain link fence on one of my jobsite so I took a section home. I welded one end to a stick of 11 bar and drug the driveway to see how it did. Came out pretty good.

·
Registered
675 Posts
My wife, a buddy, and myself took down a shed about the size of a one car garage. We used the 1025r for most of the teardown and to fill a roll-off bin with the shed. Words can't describe how happy I am with the forks. My wife even thinks that they were a wise investment. We loaded the bin, pushed material around with them, and generally made the job so much easier.

14961 - 14980 of 15028 Posts