Green Tractor Talk banner

14981 - 14997 of 14997 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
I think BWV has a crush on the new loaner tractor. Wait when the dealer gets it back and finds it has 100 new hours on it.......... :giggle:

I smell a trade up in the works.........or a lot of future "warranty work" on the 1023e where the loaner is needed while the dealer is working on the 1 series......

By the way, I gave my tractor the last few days off as its been too hot, with the "feels like 96 degree" nonsense and the actual air temp at 88 degrees and no breeze to speak of..........It's staying in the shade in the garage stall......
For some reason.. I had it in my head this was a 2032... its a 2038r...

I didnt have a crush 'til i figured out what that whistlin' sound was ... this thing is pretty cool!
But... too big.. not appropriate for my needs and more money than I need to spend.
My 1023e is perfect for me.

I used my, Subsoiler/Ballast bracket/cable burier today and buried about 1260' of doggie fence wire in about an hour and 20 minutes... of course neatening up and making it look like i was never there took another 2 and a half hours... but.. lots done in very short time, and the doggies are safe again with a bigger area to play in....

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
For some reason.. I had it in my head this was a 2032... its a 2038r...

I didnt have a crush 'til i figured out what that whistlin' sound was ... this thing is pretty cool!
But... too big.. not appropriate for my needs and more money than I need to spend.
My 1023e is perfect for me.

I used my, Subsoiler/Ballast bracket/cable burier today and buried about 1260' of doggie fence wire in about an hour and 20 minutes... of course neatening up and making it look like i was never there took another 2 and a half hours... but.. lots done in very short time, and the doggies are safe again with a bigger area to play in....

View attachment 745441

View attachment 745442

View attachment 745443

View attachment 745445

View attachment 745446
My dealer wouldn't lend me a push mower when my 1025r was getting work done that was not even warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
58 Posts
It finally happened, after a year of wishing, and three weeks waiting (shipping to Canada is slow) my heavy hitch toothbar has arrived. Bambi has an overbite! What a great add on, totally worth the investment.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Nice! I made a similar add-on to my heavy hitch sub-soiler. Some conduit welded to the back of it with a sweep off the back. Worked great to lay UF and cat 6. But it leaves a hell of a mole hill. More like a graboid trail and I expect to see Burt Gummer at the end blowing something up.

I'm thinking for the purpose of laying cable, the large "shoe" on the sub-soiler is probably not doing anything but making a mess. If that was removable, it would probably go in much cleaner with less of a heave. Also, if there was a spring loaded disc on the front to slice the sod, you might never know it was there! I don't lay cable often enough to bother with any of these modifications though.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had a near fist fight with a contractor who was working on a new water supply line service installation on a friends mobile home park property. My friend had the work scheduled to happen for some time and then he was unable to supervise the work and make sure things were done as he wanted, due to a death in the family. He asked me to "take over" his supervisory duties.

As the guys finished all of the various line installs and riser placements, they started throwing all of the trash from the job into the hole right before they were back filling. Empty boxes, Their lunch trash, the various pieces of cut off PVC pipe, basically everything which should have been in a trash dumpster. I asked the guys what they were doing and the reply was "We always do this".

"Not here you won't be" was my reply. The guy refused to retrieve the items he had thrown in the hole before I stopped him. I told him he was either going down in the hole and picking up the trash feet first, or head first, but he was getting the garbage out of the hole.

He kept insisting "What difference does it make"? I told him trash goes in the landfill and this ISN'T a landfill.............He also insisted "All crews do it", like I care......Just seems very lazy and unnecessary to me and a half arsed way to do the job............Very unprofessional.......In the end, the trash came out of the hole but I still don't get the concept of just burying trash in your yard on your water supply lines because there is a hole there.........

I could just picture a damaged water line and digging it up and encountering the trash while looking for the line. Just doesn't seem the right way to do it to me.............
good for you...sometimes contractors aren't held accountable and they need to be. That's just being lazy

·
Registered
435 Posts
Nice! I made a similar add-on to my heavy hitch sub-soiler. Some conduit welded to the back of it with a sweep off the back. Worked great to lay UF and cat 6. But it leaves a hell of a mole hill. More like a graboid trail and I expect to see Burt Gummer at the end blowing something up.

I'm thinking for the purpose of laying cable, the large "shoe" on the sub-soiler is probably not doing anything but making a mess. If that was removable, it would probably go in much cleaner with less of a heave. Also, if there was a spring loaded disc on the front to slice the sod, you might never know it was there! I don't lay cable often enough to bother with any of these modifications though.
I was actually quite surprised how much I needed that tooth(Shoe). I was going to take mine off.. but the width is the same as the shoe it bolts to, so figured it could only help... and it did :)
I began with a very low "angle of attack"... thinking I just needed to get it under the sod and it would stay there.
With hard clay and shale under the 3 or 4 inches of sod and topsoil, I needed to get more aggressive than I imagined.
The only real messes that were made were caused by the locust tree roots... they are pretty rough, and required me to get the brush saw out.
I ran the Graboid trails (I love the reference!!) down with the tractor quite easily.. and aside from where I crossed my driveway (gravel and fines) and where the roots were...it's hard to tell I was even there.
It worked great.

·
Premium Member
9,098 Posts
Hate to admit it, but I have no idea what a Graboid is nor do I know who Burt Gummer is / was. Good thing, we have Google.......Once I looked it up, now I know why. I don't do any Sci Fi .......

The thing which surprised me the most was Reba McEntire is / was an actress? Learn something new everyday. Guess I am done for today.......

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
This is what I threw together for mine. If I was doing this more often, I would make some modifications. Like weld some metal stock to the front vertical edge of the subsoiler to slice the sod rather than pushing/tearing it. The shoe on the end would come off somehow too.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
She had her own show. My daughter used to like to watch it. I couldn’t handle it. It was too lame

·
Registered
435 Posts
The first time I did this (probably 12 years ago) , the tool I used to push the wire into the groove was a piece of garage door opener track with a "T" Handle and a bit of 1/2 brake tubing bent in a "J".. and a bit that held the spool (that was like 18ga wire) ... I dug the grove with an old cub cadet mower blade with some metal welded to one end to make it a slight "V", a bit of square tube that hooked to the trailer hitch on the 318 and a pin welded to the top that went through a 3point drawbar...
It went like.. "dig the groove with the tractor (while standing on the drawbar and reaching over the seat to push the go lever), and then push the wire in by hand"... it got to be a chore for 1000'
We've come a long way since then :)

(I'm kinda ashamed at the state of my tools... I do take better care of stuff now...)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yesterday I used the FEL to haul 100 ft of fence, fence posts, a hamer, level, and a pair of fence pliers to put up the fence around my raspberry bushes. Unfortunately it was after the deer ate a foot off the top of this year's new growth.

Today I used my pallet forks to 2400 lbs of wood pellets 800 lbs at a time. I had the backhoe on for ballast and it the front tires did not look like they appreciated the heavy load.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
New brinley lawn roller I ordered, the tapered plug doesn't work too hot. Anyway just too dry today and will take some laps around after a good rain.

·
Premium Member
13,624 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
14981 - 14997 of 14997 Posts