Green Tractor Talk banner

15781 - 15800 of 15896 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Had too many requests for them to ultimately disco them, so the fronts were redesigned to now work with the QH and we brought the back.
Do these conflict with the BH (260B) in any way?

·
Administrator
19,236 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,634 Posts
I just wanted to mention the GTT Secret Santa Program to those who "hang" out here often at the "What I did with My Scut Today" thread, as like many of you, I often don't visit the "GTT News Thread". Here is the link to the GTT Secret Santa Program sign up.

If you are interested, I encourage you to participate as its a great time for those involved. Make sure you follow the rules and send DieselShadow a "Conversation" acknowledging your desire to participate and provide him your full name and address in the Conversation.

The program participants get pretty creative in their gifts and often really tie them to the individuals needs based upon their various posts here on GTT.

There is a good turn out of participants, but often, after the sign up closes, word seems to get around on GTT and numerous people indicate that they "wish they had known" so they could have signed up for the program. I am hoping by mentioning the GTT Secret Santa program in areas of GTT with a lot of diverse member participation, the awareness of the program will spread and we can get even more people in the program.

Give a gift and get a gift. Many people use services such as Kenny's Bolt on Hooks, TSC or Amazon or other "retailers" to send their gifts to the person they "draw" and are notified of. Others acquire gifts or even make gifts and send them directly as Santa to their selected person.

DieselShadow will randomly draw the members names and notify each GTT Secret Santa participant of the name and address of the person for whom they are to send a gift. Then, its up to you. It's that simple.

Please see the DieselShadow Post at the link above for more and for the details about the program. It's a great way to get to know the other GTT members "better" but still maintain a large degree of online anonymity (for those concerned about such things, as am I...)

Hope to see several new people in the GTT Secret Santa program...... (y) 🎄⛄

Happy Holidays to all..............

·
Registered
145 Posts

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Hopefully got the last of the grass mowing in this year. Of course burned a pair of cigars while trying to stay warm, started at 35F, ended at 32F. Up next, 200hr service, and getting ready for snow! Likely over Thanksgiving weekend!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Had a tree die on me earlier this year that was leaning too much toward the house for me to not do something about. There was a nice fork about 10-12 feet up that I wrapped a recovery strap around and anchored to the grapple.

(how do you like my saguaro tulip poplar on the left) I notched the tree and left about a 2" hinge with the back cut. Got back on the tractor to test and it just pulled down clean and easy.

Grapple made cleanup of the limbs easy and the tree's been added to the wood pile to cure for next season.

I have a few more trees I'd like to take down if nice weather and free time coincide enough, but I'm really anxious to get the OTC cab installed.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Of course burned a pair of cigars while trying to stay warm,
What I wouldn't give for a nice cigar, or three! Unfortunately, my COPD forces me to miss out on some of the finer things in life...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Had a tree die on me earlier this year that was leaning too much toward the house for me to not do something about. There was a nice fork about 10-12 feet up that I wrapped a recovery strap around and anchored to the grapple.
View attachment 762414
(how do you like my saguaro tulip poplar on the left) I notched the tree and left about a 2" hinge with the back cut. Got back on the tractor to test and it just pulled down clean and easy.

View attachment 762416

Grapple made cleanup of the limbs easy and the tree's been added to the wood pile to cure for next season.
View attachment 762417

I have a few more trees I'd like to take down if nice weather and free time coincide enough, but I'm really anxious to get the OTC cab installed.
That kind of stuff is actually fun when you have the right tools and equipment. Cool pics. Going to post some pics here soon of a couple of 260B digs I need to do for a customers.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Also works with tractors.

View attachment 761345
Nice setup, but I'd have the tractor on the bottom because I'd drive it more often. YMMV😉
I used my SCUT to unload my future project, 1966 112H. I just love the options this tractor gives me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I spread 6 yds of fill sand/topsoil blend yesterday in 4 hours yesterday before noon. Today it was 10 yds of the same in 5 hours. With a helper doing the raking and me driving the 1025R with FEL, we filled and levelled low spots around the yard prior to over seeding.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
I spread 10 yards of 3/4" gravel & smoothed out my driveways. That took about 5 hours with the 4' FEL and 5' landplane. The 1025R is perfect for my place. Photos show only part of the job. The 3 yds of bark go into beds and around trees tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Nice setup, but I'd have the tractor on the bottom because I'd drive it more often. YMMV😉
I have a place in my heart for both machines. I love the old garden tractors (this makes #3, my first round fender), but I also really really appreciate the amount of things the 1025R can do for me. The 112H is a non operational machine, I was able to unload it with the forks on the 1025R and carry it to within 15 feet of where it will sit until I'm ready to start working on it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I spread 10 yards of 3/4" gravel & smoothed out my driveways. That took about 5 hours with the 4' FEL and 5' landplane. The 1025R is perfect for my place. Photos show only part of the job. The 3 yds of bark go into beds and around trees tomorrow.
Nice work. Land planes are the bomb.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Attached my new box blade for the first time. Shaved off some field grass and leveled some pot holes in the driveway!
So I'm guessing the skid shoes come with the Bad Boy Box Blade, but for the rest of us...does anyone know if you can add a set to other box blades? Like CountyLine (TSC)?

Has anyone here done this and seen benefits?

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
So I'm guessing the skid shoes come with the Bad Boy Box Blade, but for the rest of us...does anyone know if you can add a set to other box blades? Like CountyLine (TSC)?

Has anyone here done this and seen benefits?
I'm sure you could add skid shoes to a box, but it wouldn't do the job if you ever wanted to tilt it sideways to make a small ditch. Maybe make a set of removable skid shoes that bolt onto the side plates of the box blade. Hmm, I wonder if that's been done? Make them adjustable with bolt holes so you can have the blade level with the bottom of the shoes, and at various higher levels like 1/2" up or whatever you like.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Kbar made a set for a county line, the thread is over in the metal work forum. His looks awesome.

·
Registered
145 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
What I did with my scut today was all simple things. I started the day by bringing in my garbage pails using my Heavy Hitch receiver hitch and the HH dual adapter with two hitch and can adapters. Love having that setup. I put a new bungee on my new battery. Wiped down any spots or dirty blemishes on rig. Topped off with fuel. Set up a rolled out mat with an extension cord, led drop light and cans of fluid film under tractor. Setup for tomorrow’s,”forgotten” linkage. Anything that moves is getting fluid film from underneath then the hitch. Will move some sand and ice melt to garage. Last on the list is change fuel and check oil in my small electric start walk behind blower for sidewalks. Wife’s making homemade soup and biscuits for dinner. The only thing missing is a nap !!!

15781 - 15800 of 15896 Posts