Green Tractor Talk banner

15801 - 15820 of 15934 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Well, I'm ready to pull redwood trees out of the ground and stuck bulldozers out of the ditch with my 1025R now that I fabbed a hook on my 260B hackhoe. Poured the weld in. Should be able to do anything the BH is capable of.

·
Premium Member
10,658 Posts
Attached my new box blade for the first time. Shaved off some field grass and leveled some pot holes in the driveway!
View attachment 762541
View attachment 762542
I like the look of two tone colors on your Bad Boy....Well built and very high quality, I really like the "finish" the way they shaped frame members, etc. Probably the best looking box blade I have ever seen, which tells me they put a lot of time and effort into their engineering..

·
Registered
46 Posts
I like the look of two tone colors on your Bad Boy....Well built and very high quality, I really like the "finish" the way they shaped frame members, etc. Probably the best looking box blade I have ever seen, which tells me they put a lot of time and effort into their engineering..
I agree with everything you said. I did a decent amount of research on them. Considering price, construction, engineering, looks, etc... this had them all. It was a bit more than I wanted to spend when I decided to check a tractor/implement store about 2 miles from my house. I found it was on sale $150 off, so it’s final price was a little below what I actually wanted to spend in the end! After using it for a few hours, I’m extremely happy with my purchase!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Recmaimed a flower bed which was left untouched for years, even pulling out 4-6 year old saplings with a chain and the FEL, drug that fence round back and started claiming that area as well from weeds andovergrowth(the house sat empty for years while I took care of my grandma in Florida)

Then worked into the evening laying landscaping cloth and starting to weigh it down with all the field stone we find in the garden area.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Recmaimed a flower bed which was left untouched for years, even pulling out 4-6 year old saplings with a chain and the FEL, drug that fence round back and started claiming that area as well from weeds andovergrowth(the house sat empty for years while I took care of my grandma in Florida)

View attachment 762761

Then worked into the evening laying landscaping cloth and starting to weigh it down with all the field stone we find in the garden area.

View attachment 762762
Is that a rototiller on the back?

Reactions: Levi and PJR832

·
Registered
153 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
In today’s adventures. I’m sick and tired of almost killing myself weed wacking the drainage ditch in front of my house. 3’x300’ of landscaping cloth down. Taking all the rocks from my fresh tilled garden and going to fill it in with them. Hoping this saves me from weed wacking, lessens erosion and makes this ditch look a lot nicer.

·
Premium Member
3,250 Posts
I made a simple hanger out of pressure treated 2x4s, cleaned and greased the 60D,
And hung it on a wall in my garage. I’ll probably weld something up this winter but it feels sturdy and will do for now and not serve as an ankle buster all winter on the floor

·
Registered
153 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Reactions: Marx1025R

·
Registered
823 Posts
Firewood. I bought a set of log tongs and hung them from a chain between hooks mounted on my tractor's bucket so that I could move big rollers onto the log splitter. People will take a lot of the smaller branches from a downed tree and leave the big stuff. With the tongs it's a lot easier to move the bigger wood around. Made a tough job a lot less back breaking.

·
Premium Member
3,250 Posts
I got something simple with some angle iron in the works but it does hold well. I tugged on it and hung from it jumping up and down like an idiot and it didn’t budge. Doesn’t have the side to side torsional regidity I want so I’m going to make my next hanger to run across 2 studs
You're right, a steel one would probably hold mower weight.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
15801 - 15820 of 15934 Posts