Green Tractor Talk banner

15821 - 15840 of 15934 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,250 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
I got something simple with some angle iron in the works but it does hold well. I tugged on it and hung from it jumping up and down like an idiot and it didn’t budge. Doesn’t have the side to side torsional regidity I want so I’m going to make my next hanger to run across 2 studs
You noticed the pun right?

·
Registered
911 Posts
Do you have to seal off the breather bolt when you store them on their side? Does the gearbox oil leak out? I have considered hanging mine up for storage and thought I’d need to use something to prevent it from leaking but last couple guys have shown they don’t use anything it seems.

·
Premium Member
3,250 Posts
Do you have to seal off the breather bolt when you store them on their side? Does the gearbox oil leak out? I have considered hanging mine up for storage and thought I’d need to use something to prevent it from leaking but last couple guys have shown they don’t use anything it seems.
Yea I read the air vent might leak and there’s a threaded plug you can buy but so far it hasn’t leaked anything. There is fluid in there I checked it before hanging

·
Registered
741 Posts
Knock on wood... I store mine upright, and didn't lose a drop with the breather in last winter(1st year for me...)

In fact... when I first read 'bout pluggin' that hole, I freaked, because it didn't leak any... I was worried the dealer might not have filled it... But, it was at the proper level when I checked.

I'll be changing mine in the spring... maybe with somethin' fancy.

Nice rack Kbar!!

·
Registered
725 Posts
I power washed my deck yesterday, getting ready for a rust control spray and then rattle can paint. Put my tiller and sprayer away until May or June. I used my scaffold to store items, easy to move around in the spring. Used my loader to unload the crab pots from my truck. Those things start to get heavy.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,658 Posts
I made a simple hanger out of pressure treated 2x4s, cleaned and greased the 60D,
And hung it on a wall in my garage. I’ll probably weld something up this winter but it feels sturdy and will do for now and not serve as an ankle buster all winter on the floor

View attachment 762802 View attachment 762803 View attachment 762804
Picking that MMM off the wall and curling it 10 times, keeping your back straight and your knees properly positioned is decent exercise. Just make sure to hang it back up when done, so some days, you might only get 8 or 9 curls in before getting tired, especially after a long day at work......

Looks great, buddy. My garage does not look that organized right now.....and its been some time since it did. I need to get my priorities straight and well, that's for another thread......

KBar, always motivating us to reach further, higher and faster......

·
Premium Member
10,658 Posts
I power washed my deck yesterday, getting ready for a rust control spray and then rattle can paint. Put my tiller and sprayer away until May or June. I used my scaffold to store items, easy to move around in the spring. Used my loader to unload the crab pots from my truck. Those things start to get heavy.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Where's your assistant, you know, the beautiful, bright eyed female who is always gazing at you? No sign of her in sight, which is odd........

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
Wondered how much longer the dealer will hold it hostage. Their week-to-week-and-a-half estimate has turned into 2 weeks. Not surprised, but not happy either. :mad:

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Wondered how much longer the dealer will hold it hostage. Their week-to-week-and-a-half estimate has turned into 2 weeks. Not surprised, but not happy either. :mad:
I'm in the same boat. Ordered end of September, tractor arrived at dealer last week but they're waiting for the mower attachment/lift parts. Was supposed to get an update yesterday...

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Ordered end of September, tractor arrived at dealer last week but they're waiting for the mower attachment/lift parts. Was supposed to get an update yesterday...
Mine is there for one year service, as a part to extend the warranty, and the FEL joystick went south, warranty work. Actually it went south and wouldn't go back north without manual assistance.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Was supposed to get an update yesterday...
Just heard from the dealer. Everything is in house and they're hoping to start setting it up tomorrow. He's going to call me Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning with an update. They're going to try to get it ready for delivery next Thursday. :cool:

·
Premium Member
10,658 Posts
Just heard from the dealer. Everything is in house and they're hoping to start setting it up tomorrow. He's going to call me Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning with an update. They're going to try to get it ready for delivery next Thursday. :cool:
Didn't they once project it was going to be December 2nd or so? That's next Wednesday.......

Tell them you want the Tech in there on Thursday getting it done. It will be nice and quiet and he can work uninterrupted. In fact, you can come over and supervise. I am sure they will go for that...

They aren't closed on Friday are they?

·
Premium Member
3,250 Posts
Squeaky wheel gets the grease. I was told 6 weeks and on week 7 I started calling them, bothering them about how they need to hold to their end of the commitment or I’m gonna come down there with a flamethrower and... wait that was another incidient. I simply called them exactly a week after the due date and the next day asking about it. Being civil and nice the whole time with a firmness and a day later I get a call it’s on it’s way. Got there 4 hrs before before I had to get on a plane for a wedding. Played with it for an hour and had to put it up

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Didn't they once project it was going to be December 2nd or so? That's next Wednesday.......

Tell them you want the Tech in there on Thursday getting it done. It will be nice and quiet and he can work uninterrupted. In fact, you can come over and supervise. I am sure they will go for that...

They aren't closed on Friday are they?
I actually joked that I'd bring turkey and fixin's on Thursday if anyone wanted to work. ;)

They are closed Friday...

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Squeaky wheel gets the grease.
I realize it's not their problem that there's no machines available and the factory has extended lead times. Now that they have everything in house, the meters running... ;)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Yesterday and today I took down some of the trees that had grown up along the property line. Figured I'd get some firewood and maybe give the farmer some of his field back. Once again, the grapple made the job so easy. The Deere seemed right at home running up and down the corn stubble fields.

Before

After

Still have a few more to go.

I do love my grapple...

(Tim has nothing to worry about)

I'm thinking I need to give serious consideration to putting a chipper in the budget for next year... :)

Getting a start on 2022's firewood.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yesterday and today I took down some of the trees that had grown up along the property line. Figured I'd get some firewood and maybe give the farmer some of his field back. Once again, the grapple made the job so easy. The Deere seemed right at home running up and down the corn stubble fields.

Before
View attachment 763292

After
View attachment 763293
Still have a few more to go.

I do love my grapple...
View attachment 763296

View attachment 763297

(Tim has nothing to worry about)

View attachment 763294
I'm thinking I need to give serious consideration to putting a chipper in the budget for next year... :)

Getting a start on 2022's firewood.
View attachment 763298
Nice, the grapple is by far my favorite implement. Nice video. That would explain the unidentified hanging object between the lights on the ROPS.

15821 - 15840 of 15934 Posts