Green Tractor Talk banner

16241 - 16260 of 17097 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,477 Posts
PVD, Physical Vapor Deposition.
Used for years now on vehicles to apply chrome like coating to plastics used in headlamp reflectors and front grill trim and on aluminum wheels.
Reported to be much more friendly to the environment than the old chrome plate process.
That is correct. You know why I thought PCD. I have been doing some work with that and I knew it wasn't the same but kept having a mind block.

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
Got KBOH's front tie downs bolted on today . I could not get them mounted in the holes where the pic I saw showed them mounted as I would have preferred . Even with the 1/4" spacers , there was interference from the plastic cowl that would not let the holes line up . So I instead used the spacers and installed them in the same holes as the brush guard . They should still accomplish the task of tying down the tractor . 🚜

View attachment 766373

View attachment 766376

I may need to pull them off and paint them green since they aren't on the black frame as intended . :unsure:
Pulled them and painted them green . Since I don't get (have) to play in the snow , this is about all I need to do with my tractor . 🚜

·
Registered
135 Posts
Had our first snow. Used the bucket to clear. And heavy hitch blade to scrape and clear the sidewalk. It’s the first winter with this machine. Use the bucket to build a small sled hill for my daughter. So that was fun.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Finally got our first snow of the year. Was supposed to get 4 to 6 but only got 2. That's plenty for me. Spring can come now 😆

·
Premium Member
2019 1025R TLBM
278 Posts
Had our first snow. Used the bucket to clear. And heavy hitch blade to scrape and clear the sidewalk. It’s the first winter with this machine. Use the bucket to build a small sled hill for my daughter. So that was fun. View attachment 768831
Curious as to the one random weight pointing the other way.:unsure:

also, how you think that plow would do as a rear blade in dirt (in a pinch)? Thinking of selling my rear blade and getting one of those instead; like the idea of keeping my HH loaded up while also having a blade. Less fiddling with the 3ph hardware. Would further suplement with box blade for grading purposes.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Put on the Pat's !

Nice setup. Can't wait to try these out. Installation was simple and self explanatory. (I did RT*M)
Came with two sets of shims used to make the the hooks parallel with the arms. The thicker 3/8" were the right ones.
I set the distance between the hooks to 27" as that's kinda between the dimensions of my implements.

I might look for some shorter bolts, and cut the u-bolts a little shorter.

I don't keep the arms on during blower season... they sure were a lot lighter before I put these on!
Nice and heavy duty. I'm guessing I'll be real happy :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Put on the Pat's !
View attachment 768863
Nice setup. Can't wait to try these out. Installation was simple and self explanatory. (I did RT*M)
Came with two sets of shims used to make the the hooks parallel with the arms. The thicker 3/8" were the right ones.
I set the distance between the hooks to 27" as that's kinda between the dimensions of my implements.
View attachment 768864 View attachment 768865
View attachment 768866
View attachment 768868
View attachment 768867
I don't keep the arms on during blower season... they sure were a lot lighter before I put these on!
I put a set of Pat’s on last spring and they make swapping implements so much easier. Hopefully you’ll enjoy yours too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
135 Posts
Curious as to the one random weight pointing the other way.:unsure:

also, how you think that plow would do as a rear blade in dirt (in a pinch)? Thinking of selling my rear blade and getting one of those instead; like the idea of keeping my HH loaded up while also having a blade. Less fiddling with the 3ph hardware. Would further suplement with box blade for grading purposes.
The one random weight pointing the other was is because it would hit the tool box when the 3 point was raised up all the way. I usually have them all facing rearward.

as far as the blade goes- not sure yet. First use. Certainly is handy. Not sure how it would work to grade.

·
Registered
2020 1025R
29 Posts
Been doing all kinds of things in this holiday stretch.

Spread 60 tons of rock, the box blade exceeded expectations.

Grapple finally arrived. Have not played with it much yet but pleased thus far.

Utilized same method as others to make my push blower more mobile. Might do some tweaking yet on mounting of drawbar.

Toothbar came in and got that mounted.

Edging / cleaning beds for mulch

I typically find a use for this thing on a daily basis.

·
Registered
41 Posts
6 hours on my little one now. I am really impressed on what a grapple can do for you. My recommendation would be for anybody getting a new tractor would be to get the 3rd function installed.
Nice setup...
Is that a Deere (Frontier) grapple?
Thanks!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Put on the Pat's !
View attachment 768863
View attachment 768864 View attachment 768865
View attachment 768866
View attachment 768868
View attachment 768867
I bought that setup a few months ago and still haven't put it on. Hadn't needed any three point implements. Does your stock upper link extend enough to make up the difference?
James

·
Registered
919 Posts
I bought that setup a few months ago and still haven't put it on. Hadn't needed any three point implements. Does your stock upper link extend enough to make up the difference?
James
I'm guessing it will be for the stuff I do, if not, I'll source a longer top-link for "regular" work from TSC or the like.
I do have a hydraulic top link as well, that I know is long enough.

I'm a little worried about the extra length further back as it will lighten the front end a bit more when I'm brush hoggin'.
I usually just use the loader for front weight, but even thats a little light... We'll see :)

·
Premium Member
11,615 Posts
Installed the new Carlisle Versa Turf Radials. Here is how i would compare them to the R4's which came off the tractor.

Description / Carlisle VT Radials / OEM R4's
Snow Removal traction / A+ / C
Ride Quality / A++ / C
Steering while Plowing / A / D
Consistent Traction / A+ / C
Handling / A++ / C
Appearance / AA+ / B
Tread Clearing / AAA / D
Squatting w/Load / A / B
Sex Appeal / N/R * / N/R*

* Hey, wanted to see if you are still reading.......Gentlemen don't kiss and tell or anything else and tell, except playing with their tractor.

Now the conditions I plowed in were tough, the snow was very wet and heavy and the surface had some ice and a lot of moisture. I didn't notice any tire spin or traction loss. I will put them to the test and continue to report on them.

My snow plowing was with my 87" wide blade, rubber plow edge, plow top flap and 650 pounds of rear ballast on the 3ph. Your results may very based upon your machine set up.

I am looking forward to various traction challenges when plowing snow. I am very encouraged this tire is going to be significantly better than the R4's were for snow plowing.

·
Registered
266 Posts
romchr, I first mounted my tiedowns where you have them. I felt it was too close and conflicted with the loader stand.

Take a look at the last post Mackford 13 posted of his tractor after cleaning the drive. The two bolts that show up prominently in that photo is where I moved mine to. I just could not see enough in your photo if you had that option.

·
Registered
2016 1025r
530 Posts
Installed the new Carlisle Versa Turf Radials. Here is how i would compare them to the R4's which came off the tractor.

Description / Carlisle VT Radials / OEM R4's
Snow Removal traction / A+ / C
Ride Quality / A++ / C
Steering while Plowing / A / D
Consistent Traction / A+ / C
Handling / A++ / C
Appearance / AA+ / B
Tread Clearing / AAA / D
Squatting w/Load / A / B
Sex Appeal / N/R * / N/R*

* Hey, wanted to see if you are still reading.......Gentlemen don't kiss and tell or anything else and tell, except playing with their tractor.

Now the conditions I plowed in were tough, the snow was very wet and heavy and the surface had some ice and a lot of moisture. I didn't notice any tire spin or traction loss. I will put them to the test and continue to report on them.

My snow plowing was with my 87" wide blade, rubber plow edge, plow top flap and 650 pounds of rear ballast on the 3ph. Your results may very based upon your machine set up.

I am looking forward to various traction challenges when plowing snow. I am very encouraged this tire is going to be significantly better than the R4's were for snow plowing.
What size are the tries on the 1025 I have a tire I need to fix are get new it has a slow leak

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
814 Posts
What size are the tries on the 1025 I have a tire I need to fix are get new it has a slow leak
Front 18/8.5x10
Rear 26/12x12

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
romchr, I first mounted my tiedowns where you have them. I felt it was too close and conflicted with the loader stand.

Take a look at the last post Mackford 13 posted of his tractor after cleaning the drive. The two bolts that show up prominently in that photo is where I moved mine to. I just could not see enough in your photo if you had that option.
I tried mounting them on the two bolts that mount the mower bracket , they would not clear the plastic cowling . You can't see them but there are 1/4" spacers behind the tie down which created enough space to use tie down hooks . 🚜

·
Premium Member
3,888 Posts
I finally did something with my tractor since Thanksgiving weekend!
Dug this rock out of a 25 foot excavation at a jobsite I’m digging.
I try to find cool rocks and bring them home when I can. With the new house I’m doing green rocks. Jadeite
Brought it home in the back of my pickup, plucked it out with the forks, cleaned it up and put it in the front planter. Disregard the weeds. It’s a ground cover experiment gone wrong and will be addressed in the spring

Im gonna scratch my chin with the wife and maybe move it around or stand it up but it’s a heavy sucka. Probly 300 pounds. Thank you pallet forks!

16241 - 16260 of 17097 Posts