Green Tractor Talk banner

16341 - 16360 of 16471 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Did a long overdue maintenance at 400 hours (6 years) yesterday and today. Put her up in the air and did oil, hydraulic, grease, fuel filters and coolant. First time for changing the coolant l hate to admit (JD advises 2 year intervals). The front petcock part was easy and neat, but the rear drain gushed coolant all over the place. I had a tray with absorbent litter, cardboard on the floor, and yards of paper towels. Then flushed it once with deionized water (same mess) and refilled.
I read all the relevant threads and watched some YouTube videos. The fiddly time-consuming bottlenecks for me were:
1. Getting the hose clamps off and back on the hydraulic filter manifold tubing
2. Replacing the inline fuel filter under the left floorboard, and the main fuel filter next to the engine - diesel spill
3. The coolant mess mentioned above
4. Finding enough empty containers for all the various fluids.

I wrote detailed notes in my owner‘s manual. Next time I’ll put in a shutoff stopcock for the in-line fuel filter, lower the mid-mount PTO assembly before draining the hydraulic, and get a bigger tray for the coolant.

==Grizzler

View attachment 769902
View attachment 769903 View attachment 769905
Looks like you had good help!!

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
Installed my rear magnet mount LED. Took 10 minutes to build and 5 minutes to mount lol. Got another one for the front but wanted to see how this one does first. Grandkids came over and it’s raining so no go tonight
View attachment 769557 View attachment 769558
I wasn’t looking for a hard wired setup cuz the only time I’ll ever run my tractor at night is in the snow and that comes once or twice a year so magnets for me. In the future if I need I can always hard wire them. For now it’s plug and play then put away
I did something similar for the same reason - didn't want or need something permanent. I chose two square magnetic mounts on each side of the roll bar. I can use one or both, can move them to the side or use them a short ways off of the tractor. I would mostly need them for hunting season or a late night at the farm if only for needing light for a repair or something like that. I have some Velcro strips that I can use to temporarily tie the wires out f the way. Bought an adapter to plug both lights in to the 12V power port. Works great for me.

·
Premium Member
11,230 Posts
Did a long overdue maintenance at 400 hours (6 years) yesterday and today. Put her up in the air and did oil, hydraulic, grease, fuel filters and coolant. First time for changing the coolant l hate to admit (JD advises 2 year intervals). The front petcock part was easy and neat, but the rear drain gushed coolant all over the place. I had a tray with absorbent litter, cardboard on the floor, and yards of paper towels. Then flushed it once with deionized water (same mess) and refilled.
I read all the relevant threads and watched some YouTube videos. The fiddly time-consuming bottlenecks for me were:
2. Replacing the inline fuel filter under the left floorboard, and the main fuel filter next to the engine - diesel spill

I wrote detailed notes in my owner‘s manual. Next time I’ll put in a shutoff stopcock for the in-line fuel filter, lower the mid-mount PTO assembly before draining the hydraulic, and get a bigger tray for the coolant.

==Grizzler

View attachment 769905
One very capable and serious looking assistant you have there. It's not a well kept secret, but German Shepherds are my favorite K9 companions..........Great looking companion there, What's your helpers name?

I started buying my Low Vis hydro fluid in the 5 gallon buckets as they make great recycling containers for the old fluid. Plus it saves about 20% in cost through my dealer and you end up needing more than 4 gallons by time you change everything including the front axle, and you have a number of hydraulic implements (FEL, Quik Tach with angling, etc. etc)

Also, many dealer have a filter and fluid sale, my dealers is in February and August of each year. It saves me 15% on the filters and up to 20% on the fluids. Check and see if your dealer does the same as many do.

I looked and looked for the right size catch container for servicing this tractor. Between the volume of hydro fluid, the low clearance under the rear axle and also wanting to have a catch pan large enough to get the fluid and filter when dropping from the rear axle. In the end, I bought a second for coolant servicing as well. Large enough to catch all of the fluid and keep it off the floor, but not too large to allow you to empty it into another container, like the 5 gallon pails of low vis hydro fluid.

Here is the catch pan i ended up getting and really like. It's a big one holding 30 quarts, but it fits under the axle with the tractor on its tires and it also is manageable ro empty. If its real full, an extra set of hands and taking the top off the 5 gallon bucket makes emptying the catch pan easier. .

·
Premium Member
2019 1025R TLBM
247 Posts

==Grizzler

Love these!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Thanks SulleyBear

That’s Arlen. Pure GSD we adopted at age 7 from my Swedish sister-in-law. She never told me what it means. Between downsizing their house, and Arlen playing roughly with little neighbour kids (?? that was the excuse).
We have two other mixed-breeds and acres to run around in. He went from a porky city boy to sleek and handsome. He’s a great traveller in the pickup.

Thanks for the tips and link! I’ll check it out on the Canadian Amazon.

==Grizzler

One very capable and serious looking assistant you have there. It's not ea well kept secret, but German Shepherds are my favorite K9 companions..........Great looking companion there, What's your helpers name?

I started buying my Low Vis hydro fluid in the 5 gallon buckets as they make great recycling containers for the old fluid. Plus it saves about 20% in cost through my dealer and you end up needing more than 4 gallons by time you change everything including the front axle, and you have a number of hydraulic implements (FEL, Quik Tach with angling, etc. etc)

Also, many dealer have a filter and fluid sale, my dealers is in February and August of each year. It saves me 15% on the filters and up to 20% on the fluids. Check and see if your dealer does the same as many do.

I looked and looked for the right size catch container for servicing this tractor. Between the volume of hydro fluid, the low clearance under the rear axle and also wanting to have a catch pan large enough to get the fluid and filter when dropping from the rear axle. In the end, I bought a second for coolant servicing as well. Large enough to catch all of the fluid and keep it off the floor, but not too large to allow you to empty it into another container, like the 5 gallon pails of low vis hydro fluid.

Here is the catch pan i ended up getting and really like. It's a big one holding 30 quarts, but it fits under the axle with the tractor on its tires and it also is manageable ro empty. If its real full, an extra set of hands and taking the top off the 5 gallon bucket makes emptying the catch pan easier. .

·
Premium Member
1025r, FEL, 54”mmm, 54” front mount snowblower, 42”forks
4 Posts
I didn’t do anything with it today because I was working. When I got home I received a package from Ken’s bolt on hooks so I now know what I will be doing with my tractor tomorrow.

·
Registered
232 Posts
That’s Arlen. Pure GSD we adopted at age 7 from my Swedish sister-in-law. She never told me what it means. Between downsizing their house, and Arlen playing roughly with little neighbour kids (?? that was the excuse).
We have two other mixed-breeds and acres to run around in. He went from a porky city boy to sleek and handsome. He’s a great traveller in the pickup.

Grizzler, your story on Arlen warmed my heart. Today here in central IL we took the wife's rescuel lab for a walk out in the boonies. Had to leave "my" dog, a mutt that someone dumped along the road on my way to town and I gave her a lift over a decade ago. She has been a real bud, but is too gimpy to go hiking anymore. Cheers!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Thanks SulleyBear

==Grizzler
GSD = German Shepherd Dog
Pure GSD, as described, would be a papered dog of documented lineage.

·
Premium Member
6,648 Posts
Just finished adding LEDs to my 2305 ROPS. I found the factor connection under the fender and spliced right into it.

Also added a 12v receptacle to my dash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your installs look great. Just curious, what would you use the 12v receptacle for?

·
Premium Member
6,648 Posts
In lieu of a cab, I have a snowmobile helmet I use while blowing snow. It has an electric face shield for defogging and needs a 12v receptacle. Just one of many possible uses.
Roger,
I am sure there are many uses none of which I have found a need. Just was wondering what triggered a need in this case. Sounds like you have great use for one. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I did something similar for the same reason - didn't want or need something permanent. I chose two square magnetic mounts on each side of the roll bar. I can use one or both, can move them to the side or use them a short ways off of the tractor. I would mostly need them for hunting season or a late night at the farm if only for needing light for a repair or something like that. I have some Velcro strips that I can use to temporarily tie the wires out f the way. Bought an adapter to plug both lights in to the 12V power port. Works great for me.
View attachment 769910 View attachment 769911
Just a word of warning. I bought similar wow led magnetic light for my machine. Turns out the magnet is not fastened to the housing. So using my tractor the light vibrated off the magnet and fell to the ground breaking the plastic handle. Needless to say I am disappointed in the product engineering.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Nothing today, it's snowing outside. First time in several years.
20210110_103830.jpg

My daughter was brushing it off for me.
20210110_104209.jpg

20210110_092838.jpg

She made a little snowman.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Your installs look great. Just curious, what would you use the 12v receptacle for?
My rear sprayer is electric so I spliced a 12v plug to it. Any powered implement I use I just splice a 12v plug to for ease of use and cleanliness. I also use it to backfeed for my battery tender when parked in my barn.

Edit: that rear lights switch is actually unpowered. I installed it with the plan to run my ROPs cube LEDs to it but I ended up finding the OEM wires Deere ran to the rear for their aftermarket lights. Just tapped that and now they run directly off the headlight switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,755 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
In lieu of a cab, I have a snowmobile helmet I use while blowing snow. It has an electric face shield for defogging and needs a 12v receptacle. Just one of many possible uses.

A cab would be much nicer for certain.
A friend added a 12-volt socket to his open cab tractor so he can wear his heated motorcycle jacket liner when plowing. So I tried it with mine - what a difference!

==Grizzler

·
Premium Member
11,230 Posts

A cab would be much nicer for certain.
Interesting, my helmet plug for powering the heated faceshield looks just like an audio plug for a headset instead of the true 12 volt power plug. . I actually ordered and installed the plug from SkiDoo that was used on my MXZX. Here is the kit I used.

This is on the 455, not the 1025r.

Ski-Doo Heated Visor Kit - Rev (G4) | SkiDoo Outlet{CampaignName}&keyword=&d=c&gclid=Cj0KCQiA6Or_BRC_ARIsAPzuer-YhTFdGwrkdSKsRKVhOnX1fEly4CCywQNUM_N0fpajdYIe8X6wZcsaApFDEALw_wcB

16341 - 16360 of 16471 Posts