Green Tractor Talk banner

16361 - 16380 of 16477 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,242 Posts
Put a few implements on a rack finally!

View attachment 770214

View attachment 770215
Everything very nice and clean and also stacked on the pallet racks, looks really great. You obviously can come at the pallet racking from the front within the building as well. If you get a chance, please post a picture or two of more of the building, just curious what it looks like.

At first when I saw it, it reminded me of the lower level of an older hip roof barn at a farm I worked at as a teen / kid. Now I am curious what the rest of the storage area looks like.

Thanks.....

·
Registered
1023e, H120, 60D MMM
39 Posts
You guys are making me jealous. I moved a snow plow blade cleaned up and listed back to the barn until it sells, and finally ordered some LED lights to mount. I added the work light harness when I did my 400hr service (1023) so I’m ready to mount my lights. Bought 4, 1 rear, and 2 for forward facing, then I’m going to mount the last one on the back of my Cyclone Rake on the cross bar so I can see when I’m working at night (never seem to get finished with leaves in the daylight). Already have a 12v trailer plug on the back of the tractor for the sprayer pump so this will be an easy upgrade for the CR too.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Interesting, my helmet plug for powering the heated faceshield looks just like an audio plug for a headset instead of the true 12 volt power plug. .
Mine was similar but the end that connected to whatever was two ring terminals. I removed them and got a 12 vdc lighter style plug at a parts store and put on in place of the ring terminals. The tractor, 2032R Gen I, has a 12 VDC outlet on the right side behind my right leg.

IMG_20210110_123007016.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Worked on my rear light solution for plowing. I'll have to test it in the dark, but the factory wiring pigtails really make a clean install super easy. I'll snap some pics of the Nilight pod(s) and the magnetic mounts next time it's out of the garage in the light. So far it looks to be an awesome temporary permanent solution to an expensive factory option.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Worked on my rear light solution for plowing. I'll have to test it in the dark, but the factory wiring pigtails really make a clean install super easy. I'll snap some pics of the Nilight pod(s) and the magnetic mounts next time it's out of the garage in the light. So far it looks to be an awesome temporary permanent solution to an expensive factory option.
Same pods I installed yesterday to the factory pigtails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
872 Posts
Bolted the front tie downs on.

Thanks Kenny!!

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
I gotta say those verses turfs look like they belong on a 1 series. Most likely will be my next set once my R4’s wear out

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
644 Posts
I gotta say those verses turfs look like they belong on a 1 series. Most likely will be my next set once my R4’s wear out
They do, don't they? ;)

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
They do look real nice. I have r4’s because I purchased the tractor when I moved here and had a lot of work to do that made r4’s the better choice. Now that the heavy work is done, clearing an acre, skidding trees, digging stumps, In ground pool. Grading, fill etc. Now I mostlyI mow, clear snow and do landscaping and property maintanence. Wonder if that tire would now be a better fit. Don’t want to chuck my r4’s if it’s not a vastly better choice of tire for my needs now that they have changed. Don’t want two sets of rims. I have enough stuff after the move taking up space. R4’s are 4 years old with 300 hours. I would love to try those tires tho!

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
They do look real nice. I have r4’s because I purchased the tractor when I moved here and had a lot of work to do that made r4’s the better choice. Now that the heavy work is done, clearing an acre, skidding trees, digging stumps, In ground pool. Grading, fill etc. Now I mostlyI mow, clear snow and do landscaping and property maintanence. Wonder if that tire would now be a better fit. Don’t want to chuck my r4’s if it’s not a vastly better choice of tire for my needs now that they have changed. Don’t want two sets of rims. I have enough stuff after the move taking up space. R4’s are 4 years old with 300 hours. I would love to try those tires tho!
I’m in the same exact scenario as you. Year and a half 295 hrs and done with the major jobs. Some maples I need to deal with and light landscaping. No snow this winter so my edge tamers and led lights are on for looks I guess

·
Registered
2020 1025R
29 Posts
Everything very nice and clean and also stacked on the pallet racks, looks really great. You obviously can come at the pallet racking from the front within the building as well. If you get a chance, please post a picture or two of more of the building, just curious what it looks like.

At first when I saw it, it reminded me of the lower level of an older hip roof barn at a farm I worked at as a teen / kid. Now I am curious what the rest of the storage area looks like.

Thanks.....
Ill have to take a picture but its just a 30 x 30 cedar sided garage / shop with a 10' lean too off of one side. Pallet rack is mounted to wall of shop for additional stability.

·
Premium Member
15,028 Posts

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
644 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,242 Posts
I was going to put the R4 rears on my 455 but today, decided to keep the set together and just put them up for sale. I toyed with buying a set of wheels and mounting the R4's for tough conditions like when I have to mow bamboo areas. Then I thought about it. I really don't need to risk the Versa Turf tires and we only have one limited area of bamboo and I am not keeping the R4's for that area. So I will list them on WasteBook marketplace and see what happens. They are in very good shape as they really don't show much wear. They should be worth a few dollars which can go towards something else.

I will tell you they made such a profound change to the way the tractor rides and feels, its really surprising. Sometimes the R4's have a "square feel" about them on pavement. Maybe not "square", but you can definitely feel the lugs on the tires. Not on the Versa Turfs. Smooth and also sort of "boyant" feeling.......You feel the difference turning, driving down the road, not so much on grass but still a little difference.

For me the most important difference is in the traction in greasy snow conditions, right at freezing temps. The Versa turfs clean very well where the R4's seem to "pack" in the sloppy snow. Huge difference for my needs.............

Those who buy their machines new with them, really like the Versa Turfs. Those who had lived with the R4's truly appreciate the difference and improvement and its the biggest positive change in a machine's feel I have ever experienced. I can't imagine a negative with these tires and seriously doubt there will be one.

I haven't lifted max FEL loads, etc, yet and taxed the front tires sidewalls. But I would be surprised to find any issues.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
644 Posts
Check out the 2nd half of this Good Works Tractor video. He has VersaTurf's on a 1025R (he has duals on the rear) but is using it in some snow and mud conditions. Pay attention to just the tires as there's little to no clogging and traction seems excellent.

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
Bolted the front tie downs on.
Are you able to remove the front hitch with the tie down brackets in place?

16361 - 16380 of 16477 Posts