Green Tractor Talk banner

16381 - 16400 of 16477 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Are you able to remove the front hitch with the tie down brackets in place?

View attachment 770381
I believe I will be able to.

The lower pin that holds the bracket on is the one I was worried about, and that clears. The one the arrow points at is "hung" on the front bracket, so doesn't need to slide out the side.

Soon as this show is over I'll give it a shot and then add a pic here :)

·
Registered
872 Posts
The front tie downs are QH compatible, there should be no issues.
Agreed :)
Photos as promised... no problem at all!!

While we are in the pics...
I wanted to mention, there is a "right way" to install the hydraulic fittings on the angle cylinder, and it should reduce failures as it brings the fittings in tighter to the cylinder.
(I did not say eliminates... you should still grab a spare or two like the kit Kenny has made available)

The install manual for the angle kit shows this.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Check out the 2nd half of this Good Works Tractor video. He has VersaTurf's on a 1025R (he has duals on the rear) but is using it in some snow and mud conditions. Pay attention to just the tires as there's little to no clogging and traction seems excellent.

I've never watched that video before. Pretty good stuff.

I've said it a bunch, but I run big machines for a living and I'm still impressed and surprised sometimes by the capability of these little tractors. Mine doesn't carry all that weight and I don't have that ripper bucket but I can certainly attest to the power and versatility that this size tractor has with these tires, filled and with proper ballast on the back. It's a billygoat.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I’m in the same exact scenario as you. Year and a half 295 hrs and done with the major jobs. Some maples I need to deal with and light landscaping. No snow this winter so my edge tamers and led lights are on for looks I guess
You know it can snow around here as late as March. So you still might get some fun.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Still waiting for SNOW!!!!!!

rob

·
Registered
211 Posts
The Nilight pods and magnetic mounts are very nice, especially for the money. I haven't decided where the best place to stick them is, exactly. A little time in the dark using it will help me decide that.

·
Premium Member
2019 1025R TLBM
248 Posts
Check out the 2nd half of this Good Works Tractor video. He has VersaTurf's on a 1025R (he has duals on the rear) but is using it in some snow and mud conditions. Pay attention to just the tires as there's little to no clogging and traction seems excellent.

mine did load up on mud in the trench part, but the studs kept sticking through. Mind you this is near frozen, swampy mud thats like axel grease. About the toughest test you can imagine:

The rears cleaned out a bit better. Certainly better than turfs, and R4s.

im also running them at 20PSI at each corner, so they’re pretty stiff. Rid with turfs was better only because I had those aired down for traction. I suspect lower pressure will increase clear out as theres more flex.
@SulleyBear what psi are you running yours at if you dont mind my asking?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I had a nice present delivered today. Got my self 36 in fork attachment I've been wanting for awhile. I'm eventually going to build a headache rack for it.

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
It’s just not fair... I’m up here in Maine with no snow and Texas gets 6”. Both my 1025r and x540 are really getting bored. One snow storm all winter. It’s just not fair! View attachment 770582
For me,, I 'm not complaining about not having snow.

Every nice day , is one less day of snow.

At present time dart throwers are saying for us maybe 5" of snow this weekend. At our daughters maybe 2"
I'm happy with none.

·
Registered
190 Posts
It’s just not fair... I’m up here in Maine with no snow and Texas gets 6”. Both my 1025r and x540 are really getting bored. One snow storm all winter. It’s just not fair! View attachment 770582
We're supposed to get 4 to 7 tomorrow through Fri morning. I'll send it your way instead I don't want it. 😉

·
Registered
272 Posts
Got my first experience digging up trees with the bucket and piranha bar. Didn't have much luck at first until I started pushing higher up to get started and then moved the bucket down lower. I also tend to baby the tractor but I'm getting over that. I've watched videos on the subject on youtube, but none really tell you how to go about it. I finally ended up in low gear and four wheel drive and could push over 3-4 inch trees (roots and all) on the first try. Surprisingly there were some smaller ones that I couldn't get the roots out of the ground. I see that some people claim to be able to push over 10" trees but I don't see that happening without a backhoe for some preliminary digging. I have some 20 foot high fir trees I want to deal with next. Comments welcome.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Got my first experience digging up trees with the bucket and piranha bar. Didn't have much luck at first until I started pushing higher up to get started and then moved the bucket down lower. I also tend to baby the tractor but I'm getting over that. I've watched videos on the subject on youtube, but none really tell you how to go about it. I finally ended up in low gear and four wheel drive and could push over 3-4 inch trees (roots and all) on the first try. Surprisingly there were some smaller ones that I couldn't get the roots out of the ground. I see that some people claim to be able to push over 10" trees but I don't see that happening without a backhoe for some preliminary digging. I have some 20 foot high fir trees I want to deal with next. Comments welcome.
I got a piranha tooth bar on my 1025r & I just love it. I took out half a hill side when I was widening my driveway with it.

·
Premium Member
1025R, '30 Ford, '08 Range Rover Supercharged, '63 MGB, '92 300ZX twin turbo, '73 Courier 2.3 turbo
373 Posts
Reactions: driveshaft

·
Premium Member
1025R, '30 Ford, '08 Range Rover Supercharged, '63 MGB, '92 300ZX twin turbo, '73 Courier 2.3 turbo
373 Posts
I must've gotten a load of sand that was loaded with grass seed. The sand under the gravel I spread a before Thanksgiving is sprouting grass like crazy, so I loaded up the big JD sprayer with Roundup and treated the gravel driveways. This is January and it was 64F today, looking for 67F tomorrow. This is nuts!

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
I love my Piranha tooth bar!

16381 - 16400 of 16477 Posts