16941 - 16960 of 17008 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,826 Posts
Continued

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I changed out my cold thermostat for the optional high temp thermostat years ago. Diesels like to run warm. She runs much nicer now. So Deere could put a higher temp Stat in, but refuses to. No more issues of cold stacking. No issues summer or winter. Try it, she will like it!!

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
698 Posts
I changed out my cold thermostat for the optional high temp thermostat years ago. Diesels like to run warm. She runs much nicer now. So Deere could put a higher temp Stat in, but refuses to. No more issues of cold stacking. No issues summer or winter. Try it, she will like it!!

Is it an option from Deere?

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Is it an option from Deere?

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Deere does offer a 180 thermostat in the parts book. If I recall they say the standard one is 160.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Deere does offer a 180 thermostat in the parts book. If I recall they say the standard one is 160.
JD part number for the 180* thermostat ... It's M812140

·
Corndog Hater
12,435 Posts
I can already hear her saying this spring after the snow has melted. “You really dug up the yard plowing this winter!” With that wife tone.
I look at repairing plow divots as just another excuse to use the 1026R, and the Gator(y)

·
Premium Member
2019 1025R TLBM
278 Posts

Agreed! Pre-Tstat swap I mowed the lawn once, and came away with a headache from the diesel fumes. You can smell how rich she runs. Post Tstat, you only smell the exhaust at startup, and if she's idling.

PS, random segway into "it's crazy how the human brain works"; I was plowing snow the other day and out of nowhere was reminded of...scuba diving. I had dismounted to hand shovel some areas at the end of the drive, where we meet the main road, and the combination of the idling diesel exhaust and salty water brought me back to being on a the marine CAT powered dive rigs I've been on in the past, id;y grumbling around a mooring line as the clicks and clacks and clangs of divers suiting up are filling the air. Covids kept me away from that for way too long :(

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Mattie, Nice looking pooch there. Wife claims a chocolate female at present.

BTW, it would be great iffin my lungs could handle a drag off a stoggie. Maybe I did too many in my younger days. ;)
You don't inhale cigars... 😉🤮

Shes a Chesapeake Bay Retriever, just turned 8. She's every bit of her breed -stubborn, smart, loyal and a PIA. She does fail in one category- she's terrified of gunshots so her hunting isn't an option.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Our well pump locked up. Used the 1025r to pull the pump up, replace, lowered back down. Sure beats tug-of-war by hand.....

Moved a bobcat welder/generator for a neighbor last week.

Moved some fallen trees out of a friends yard end of summer with grapple.

Using the tractor never gets old

·
Premium Member
3,826 Posts
More clearing. Only worked until 4 yesterday and took the rest of the day off to recoup for work that actually pays for all this fun.
Love these pallet forks. Makes trees go away fast
Getting there

Had to use the Super duty to pull down a couple hard leaners

Got some good pics from the lift

16941 - 16960 of 17008 Posts