Green Tractor Talk banner

16981 - 17000 of 17055 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Removed the snowblower and put the front blade on . Had a heck of a time getting the pin out of front quick hitch so I could use the front angle blade.
Before putting the blade on removed the ring , on the bottom of the pin. Pin would not pull out, so put on the blade and plowed the front driveway. Still would not , guessing the pin was frozen in place. When I finished the driveway , I found a piece of metal about 4" H and slid it under the quick hitch and used it to break the pin loose. Great pin came up apx 1" and still wouldn't come out . After moving the quick hitch R-L a couple of times it finally broke loose .

By that time the rain had pretty well taken care of the maybe 1" overnight snow.
I had a similar problem with my front quick hitch when it was new. I was ready to start filing the opening bigger. (Arghhh....) After studying if for a while, I decided to loosen the big nut on the pivot bolt. Somebody had really over-tightened that nut. And it is a very unusually sized nut. In metric, it is somewhere between 27mm and 30mm. But my sets don't have 28mm and 29mm, so I can't help beyond that. SAE 1 1/16 is too small, but 1 1/8 is loose, but might work. At the time I ended up putting a pipe wrench with a cheater pipe on it. And it still took all my strength to get it done. But once re-tightened to a reasonable torque, the pin fit just fine. No problems since. And no filing.

Keane

·
Premium Member
16,643 Posts
I had a similar problem with my front quick hitch when it was new. I was ready to start filing the opening bigger. (Arghhh....) After studying if for a while, I decided to loosen the big nut on the pivot bolt. Somebody had really over-tightened that nut. And it is a very unusually sized nut. In metric, it is somewhere between 27mm and 30mm. But my sets don't have 28mm and 29mm, so I can't help beyond that. SAE 1 1/16 is too small, but 1 1/8 is loose, but might work. At the time I ended up putting a pipe wrench with a cheater pipe on it. And it still took all my strength to get it done. But once re-tightened to a reasonable torque, the pin fit just fine. No problems since. And no filing.

Keane
Mine is 8 or 9 yrs old. and it has been used .

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,760 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Deere 1025R
10 Posts
Got a little playtime in before the work calls started. I’m clearing this field for horse pasture and there’s a bunch of deadfall and soaked cut stuff that’s been sitting in the rain since the last owner had this place. Today I flipped some big logs so I can get at the other side with my chainsaw later and dumped some of the smaller stuff in my burn pile or into the ravine on the other side of my property. The brush forks are super handy for this work!

·
Registered
75 Posts
A little back story first. About 3 weeks ago neighbor was having some tree work done and she texted me to come over and check it out. Crew of about 8 guys taking down a large maple growing very close to her house and doing some misc trim work in other trees. Chipped and total clean up. Done with climbers, no cranes. Did a great job at a very good price. I thought I'd ask them for an estimate for some work I wanted done so I checked out their website. Licensed and insured. Nice. So I got an estimate and agreed on a fair price. Then I don't hear from them for a couple weeks, I'm thinking because of the rain and the fact of where some of the work would be taking place in the yard. I told the boss no heavy equipment because of lawn damage and septic field.
Well today he calls and says he can do it today. It's nice and sunny but yard is still wet, but I say OK.
The major tree is a large (30 -35') pine growing over my shed. This guy is going to fell the tree, cut into manageable pieces and hand carry it to the chipper parked in my driveway about 175' away. I say wait a minute. I've got a 'baby' tractor, as he called it. Using my newly installed KBOGHs I dragged the limbs and cut up trunk over to the chipper. Saved these guys a lot of time and work. Didn't do too much damage to yard. A couple passes with drag harrow and a little seed will fix everything.
Comes time to pay up and boss man says deduct $100 from estimate for help with tractor. His crew says thanks as well and boss man asks how much for a tractor like mine. I think he may be adding to his inventory in the future.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Ordered some safety and convenience parts for it !
Hella Rotaflex Beacon, DIN socket to match, Power outlet, Metri-pack connector.
This will go on the ROPS. Been plowing without one for 25 years...but as a candidate for being a grown up.. figured it's time to act like one. Plus its gonna be really pretty :)
Amazon Warehouse... 80$ light for 25$.. couldn't say no... I have more $$ in the connectors than that..30$
I'll add the lighter socket to the right fender "pocket", and wire it in proper-like to the Deere provided connector.
By nature, the Rotaflex is removable... I'll have to figure out if its gonna be a winter only thing that plugs into the lighter socket or not.
Will need to figure out how to mount it...

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
A little back story first. About 3 weeks ago neighbor was having some tree work done and she texted me to come over and check it out. Crew of about 8 guys taking down a large maple growing very close to her house and doing some misc trim work in other trees. Chipped and total clean up. Done with climbers, no cranes. Did a great job at a very good price. I thought I'd ask them for an estimate for some work I wanted done so I checked out their website. Licensed and insured. Nice. So I got an estimate and agreed on a fair price. Then I don't hear from them for a couple weeks, I'm thinking because of the rain and the fact of where some of the work would be taking place in the yard. I told the boss no heavy equipment because of lawn damage and septic field.
Well today he calls and says he can do it today. It's nice and sunny but yard is still wet, but I say OK.
The major tree is a large (30 -35') pine growing over my shed. This guy is going to fell the tree, cut into manageable pieces and hand carry it to the chipper parked in my driveway about 175' away. I say wait a minute. I've got a 'baby' tractor, as he called it. Using my newly installed KBOGHs I dragged the limbs and cut up trunk over to the chipper. Saved these guys a lot of time and work. Didn't do too much damage to yard. A couple passes with drag harrow and a little seed will fix everything.
Comes time to pay up and boss man says deduct $100 from estimate for help with tractor. His crew says thanks as well and boss man asks how much for a tractor like mine. I think he may be adding to his inventory in the future.
These little "toy" tractors are great!! Similar story - we had "landscapers" here to do weeding over stone, change the shape of a bed and mulch the areas affected. Sadly I use quotes on landscapers because they were the only ones who actually showed up for an estimate and appeared professional, both in appearance and cost consistent with what we expected for the job. Well, these "landscapers" didn't even own a pickup truck and the while the weeding was the primary reason we hired themed, figured while they are here we'll get the bed reshaping done... It was hard packed clay and they barely had made a dent after 2+ hours of work and they would have been here for days... I offered to help out, asked what the effort was worth on the bill and they agreed to take off $400. I started work (after my workday ended) and it took about 35 min with the tractor, using both the pallet forks and BH to break up the clay and the FEL with bucket to move the excess material. 35 min = $400. That is the first and last time we've hired landscapers at this property.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
I outworked my neighbors 3 something Kubota with my little toy tractor hauling logs on Saturday with my pallet forks. While he was busy trying to get his log tongs to hook I was running circles around him.

·
Premium Member
1025R, '30 Ford, '08 Range Rover Supercharged, '63 MGB, '92 300ZX twin turbo, '73 Courier 2.3 turbo
382 Posts
I outworked my neighbors 3 something Kubota with my little toy tractor hauling logs on Saturday with my pallet forks. While he was busy trying to get his log tongs to hook I was running circles around him.
I sprayed an acre of 2,4,D to kill weeds in the grass, then sprayed 10 gallons of glyphosate to kill everything growing in the gravel driveways, and the 12x12 area where I'm going to put a concrete pad for a hot tub gazebo. The JD 45 gal 3 pt sprayer is terrific! When that was done, the next job was using the 647 tiller for 45 minutes prepping an area for my wife's garden. Yes, it'll have to be done again prior to planting, but this was an excuse to stay outdoors on an unusually sunny warm 68 degree day in February. The politics in CA definitely suck, but the weather is great.

·
Registered
11,739 Posts
I fired up a recently acquired 755 for the first time in 3 years, and got its loader mounted. It also lifted the backhoe to put that on blocks and keep it from freezing in place.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Step #1 - Get on "Sprout" and drive to point "A" which is where the snow is piled high.

Step #2 - Scoop up as much snow as will fit in the bucket.

Step #3 - Drive to point "B" and dump snow in a new pile where the snow melt will run harmlessly into the woods away from buidings. If point "B" is full, continue to points "C" or "D" as needed) .

Repeat for the next 5.6 hours.

Step #4 - Park "Sprout" and try to get your knees to work again. Prepare to finish the job some time soon.

Eat a big bowl of the white chicken chili that your bride has prepared for you. mmm good

·
Registered
66 Posts
Drug my trailer out of there. The tracks you see are the ones I drug the trailer through. Mighty 1025R got the job done. I'll be honest through the mud and snow I didn't expect it
1614210722573824013389.jpg
to happen. But it's out so I can use it.

·
Registered
1023e, H120, 60D MMM
59 Posts
I dug my trailer out last night. I didn’t have it too buried but the snow had drifted under it a bit and I spent a long time cleaning the deck off. My neighbor used it today to move a 300gal tank because their snow plow crew buried his under/behind 10+ feet of snow. Today, I bought a snow pusher so it should thaw out here until spring now. I pick it up on Saturday. Frontier 60” AS10F. I went back and forth on a plow or pusher but I didn’t want a frame mount because I wanted the loader easily available and the loader plows just seemed not a good fit. This is used, has the poly shoes and rubber on both the bottom and the back drag so it should work ok. If not, for what I got it for, I can easily move it next winter.

·
Registered
68 Posts
One would think that Northern Minnesota winters would provide plenty of opportunity to use the snowblower. Not this winter however. For only the fourth time this winter I got to take the tractor out of the garage and fire up the blower. It was only 4 inches, but it was enough! By the time I finished my driveway and the 8 neighbors (relatives and elderly neighbors) I had the smile on my face that I get every time I get the chance to work my little JD!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I dug my trailer out last night. I didn’t have it too buried but the snow had drifted under it a bit and I spent a long time cleaning the deck off. My neighbor used it today to move a 300gal tank because their snow plow crew buried his under/behind 10+ feet of snow. Today, I bought a snow pusher so it should thaw out here until spring now. I pick it up on Saturday. Frontier 60” AS10F. I went back and forth on a plow or pusher but I didn’t want a frame mount because I wanted the loader easily available and the loader plows just seemed not a good fit.
I went back on forth on loader mounted plow vs snow push. I had used a snow push once and I didn't know how it would do in gravel. And I've always used plows so I went front loader plow direction, and since I had hydraulics for grapple I knew I could get the hydraulic angle. I agree with you on havin the loader available, hope you enjoy it!!!!!

·
Registered
1023e, H120, 60D MMM
59 Posts
I had a plow on a smaller JD and it was ok, this tractor is bigger and I have a fairly good size paved circle drive and parking pad at the house, with a stone drive down to the road. I really wanted my loader bucket available, and this further allows me to get rid of my big backhoe.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Added the AP10F forks to the little Deere today. Hope to get good use out of these.
B2726A4B-484B-418A-8A7B-299A71182DA5.jpeg

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Put new lungs on Hobbs. -Finally got the kit to.replace the air cleaner assembly under the JD program. Took about 15 min. Dealer wanted the parts back - one less thing I'll likely never use, to store. Hobbs is FILTHY!

Edit: Also moved Hobbs back to his shed to free up space in the garage where's he been resting between snow events... - This is my move to hopefully stop the snow for the year... I'm sure as a result we'll get 2' on the next day forecast for 60°... oof.

16981 - 17000 of 17055 Posts