17581 - 17600 of 17842 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,434 Posts
Youre on the right track Roy. Post a pic when you get all your jewelry

·
Registered
559 Posts
Learned the over heat alarm works. Also I need to clean the screen more often when mowing.
Been there done that.
It doesn't take long when mowing weeds with a lot of dandelions.

·
Registered
88 Posts
No pics today green family but:
  1. cleaned out two chicken coops from over winter - took 9 FEL loads off to the compost pile
  2. Carried about 60 bags of leaves to the garden
  3. More property clean up
  4. Three felled tree clean up
  5. Made the burn pile as tall as my house
  6. Removed ~60 t posts
  7. Drug 200’ of fencing to new locations
  8. drug out a few more stumps
In the last 3 days put nearly 20 hours on the clock. I guess Johnny is earning his keep

·
Registered
386 Posts
No pics today green family but:
  1. cleaned out two chicken coops from over winter - took 9 FEL loads off to the compost pile
  2. Carried about 60 bags of leaves to the garden
  3. More property clean up
  4. Three felled tree clean up
  5. Made the burn pile as tall as my house
  6. Removed ~60 t posts
  7. Drug 200’ of fencing to new locations
  8. drug out a few more stumps
In the last 3 days put nearly 20 hours on the clock. I guess Johnny is earning his keep
Considering this is the "What did you do with your SCUT deer TODAY" thread. You must have used the "red key" and super power drink for yourself with that list!!!😁

Lot's of work there.

Steve

·
Premium Member
11,999 Posts

View attachment 781683 Learning how to use forks

Here is a VERY helpful tip when carrying brush on the pallet forks.

Stack the load with the cut end on the opposite side of the pile, with each piece you add. If you are cutting up a tree and taking off the limbs and making a pile to pick up with your FEL pallet forks, cut off a limb and throw it down with the cut end on the left. Cut the next limb and put in on top of the last limb, with the cut end on the right. Next limb, left and keep going back and forth. This creates a very balanced pile which you can pick up and carry and lose NOTHING along the way.

If the limbs are very long and have to be cut to length to carry with the FEL, continue stacking them to maintain the balance. As the limbs get closer to the tree trunk, they usually get larger in diameter, Keep alternating the stacking back and forth based upon the limb diameter.

I have hauled more brush that I care to think about and once I learned this stacking trick after picking up pieces falling off along the way, it makes the entire process SO much easier. You pick up the pile and its balanced and easier to carry. Its even easier to stack on the brush pile and pack down with the forks...........

You can stack the pile on the ground and pick it up this way, or you can stack it on the forks in this manner as you are cutting. Its so much easier to lift and carry a balanced load than it is one which isn't.............. (y)

·
Registered
61 Posts
My uncle is looking to put is small above ground pool about a foot below grade and add a deck. Dug it out to 15" as he plans to add some sand back in. He asked that I put the extra topsoil onto his trailer....however, there was about 6 trailer loads worth of dirt that I ended up piling up for him. Bought this 647 Tiller in late spring last year....very impressed.

·
Premium Member
2019 1025R TLBM
303 Posts
Im calling it; Goodbye Snow, hello Mow!

Mowed the outer yards with last years un sharpened blades as there were plenty of hiding bits of sticks to ding them up. After that got a chance to mow with the high lift Oregon predator blades for the first time too. Seemed to work as well as stock mulching blades, maybe a bit better. If I get adventurous might try running an X configuration.

·
Registered
559 Posts

·
Registered
2016 1025r
668 Posts
Im calling it; Goodbye Snow, hello Mow! View attachment 781968

Mowed the outer yards with last years un sharpened blades as there were plenty of hiding bits of sticks to ding them up. After that got a chance to mow with the high lift Oregon predator blades for the first time too. Seemed to work as well as stock mulching blades, maybe a bit better. If I get adventurous might try running an X configuration.
I did the same thing today maybe tomorrow I can finish mowing the yard and Saturday morning I’m going to get my brush hog maybe do some disc work this week if it stays dry enough

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Moved some car parts today with my clamp-on forks.

·
Premium Member
4,434 Posts
@Sul
I ended up getting my pondless waterfall fired up for the season. I put this in a few years ago with the 1025r. Any of you have a pond or aquascape system?

Thats really cool. Nice video too. I’ll bet the birds like it

·
Registered
559 Posts

I decided to dig for a bit this evening after dinner.
Another 20 feet is a step in the right direction.

But the direction I have to go is still another 300 feet.

I used the last of the 3" I had left over from bringing the irrigation line to the yard so I switched over to 2".
Definitely going to pour a thrust block for the transition.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Put seat cover on the backhoe, need to find one for regular seat next. Have to look into that clock idea I see some posts back too. Picked up this cultivator at TSC tonight. Made by tarter I believe based on what it says. Got em to take a little off cause it been there a while and got a little rust on it. Replacement hydraulic hose came in for thumb today also, they did warranty the hose, I wasn't sure if they would with it bein a hose.
Edit: added part about hose.

Attachments

·
Registered
875 Posts
Have to look into that clock idea I see some posts back too.
Got mine off of eBay. It's made for motorcycle handlebars. Here's the link if interested.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Got mine off of eBay. It's made for motorcycle handlebars.
Thank you very much. Don't think you can get much better than that price for claimed waterproof clock. Supposed to be here by the 12th. If you don't mind, how did you mount it?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Thank you very much. Don't think you can get much better than that price for claimed waterproof clock. Supposed to be here by the 12th. If you don't mind, how did you mount it?
Yep you bet. It's a Quartz clock so I figured it should be good. There's a nipple on the back for the screw to go through. I cut that off with hacksaw so it's flat & then just used some 3m tape.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yep you bet. It's a Quartz clock so I figured it should be good. There's a nipple on the back for the screw to go through. I cut that off with hacksaw so it's flat & then just used some 3m tape.
I thought maybe that's what you did but thought I'd ask. Thanks again. Will be nice to know how much daylight I have left when I'm on my tractor and can't see my watch because of the sun, a problem I've encountered twice these last two weeks (glass is bad and it glares and you can't see the hands, need a new watch I guess). Then again maybe I just need more daylight in the day.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I thought maybe that's what you did but thought I'd ask. Thanks again. Will be nice to know how much daylight I have left when I'm on my tractor and can't see my watch because of the sun, a problem I've encountered twice these last two weeks (glass is bad and it glares and you can't see the hands, need a new watch I guess). Then again maybe I just need more daylight in the day.
We could all use more daylight in the day.🙂

·
Premium Member
4,434 Posts
I like the watch/clock rig but it would be useless to me cuz i dont wear my reading glasses when operating.

17581 - 17600 of 17842 Posts