Green Tractor Talk banner

17601 - 17620 of 17842 Posts

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
I like the watch/clock rig but it would be useless to me cuz i dont wear my reading glasses when operating.
Easy quick reference to "sunset". Every horizontal handwidth at arms length between the sun and horizon is ~30min till sunset.

Note: Do not look directly at the sun, then it won't set for hours in your mind, but you'll still have troubles seeing what you're doing.

·
Registered
276 Posts
My wife says I have to stop. Stop? It was a great opportunity I said. Never been used. 3rd owner. $250 less than I paid in 2006. 45% of current MSRP. I’ve beat the !#%$ out of my old one for 15 seasons and spent a lot on parts. Of course I NEED a spare.
FB2F159F-F3B2-4E35-A699-792A60D0D379.jpeg

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yesterday, I did some landscaping beside the deck and house. I hauled topsoil over from the pile and spread it out. When finishing up with the raking, I noticed that I inadvertently dug up and transferred a black ant nest. Half the area was crawling with them and were already climbing up the basement wall. I grabbed my gallon jug of bug spray and soaked the wall and a few feet out.
Go figure, I was having a good day up until then. Now I have another problem to take care of. :rolleyes::confused:
At least I got some seat time in :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yesterday, I did some landscaping beside the deck and house. I hauled topsoil over from the pile and spread it out. When finishing up with the raking, I noticed that I inadvertently dug up and transferred a black ant nest. Half the area was crawling with them and were already climbing up the basement wall. I grabbed my gallon jug of bug spray and soaked the wall and a few feet out.
Go figure, I was having a good day up until then. Now I have another problem to take care of. :rolleyes::confused:
At least I got some seat time in :)

View attachment 782023 View attachment 782024
I found out if you can find the original and hill, take about 1/2 to 1 gallon of sevin (mixed with water to recommended strength) and pour it down the ant hill it will kill all the ants in there. The ones you moved may need a direct spray over those you can see.

·
Premium Member
2019 1025R TLBM
303 Posts
My wife says I have to stop. Stop? It was a great opportunity I said. Never been used. 3rd owner. $250 less than I paid in 2006. 45% of current MSRP. I’ve beat the !#%$ out of my old one for 15 seasons and spent a lot on parts. Of course I NEED a spare. View attachment 781999
there’s also something to be said for being able to go straight to the backup if one fails. Wont interupt mowing and you can save fixing the other one for later. I figure down the line if a REALLY good deal (as my grandmother likes to say, “it’d cost you money to leave it there) happend down the line on a 60D, I’d take it.

Finish mower makes even more sense, as its far more universally compatiable and therefor easier to sell down the line.

·
Premium Member
4,434 Posts
So is she gonna let you keep it?

·
Premium Member
4,434 Posts
Nice! I like your methodology. Let her play with it then see how useful it is.

·
Premium Member
11,999 Posts
I noticed that I inadvertently dug up and transferred a black ant nest. Half the area was crawling with them and were already climbing up the basement wall.
Nope, just better stay away from the jokes I had already typed and was ready to post. Just not worth the risk.

Man that was tempting.......

·
Registered
692 Posts
Installed the FEL & 3 point, ready for the summer. Used the FEL to haul the 54" deck for the 445 out in the yard so I could pressure wash it.
445 Mower Deck after washing.jpg

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Cut the back of the property today, it was uneventful, I only clogged the MCS once, and I think that was totally my fault. Also dethatched the back, bent two of the dethatcher springs, but still serviceable so ehh. The ground was still a bit soft so left some tire marks. I've learned though with my back property, its a catch 22, not cutting and it takes forever to dry with the taller grass, which just keeps getting taller, compounding it. On the other hand, if I can get that window of mostly hard, some soft, it'll really help with drying and is worth the tire marks. Cutting with the FEL, didn't help with the weight, but with the MCS, Hobbs will be wearing some type of ballast on the front, currently its a HH front bracket with 224lbs of suitcase weights, next cut should identify if that's enough. Would love some alternatives to cut the weight, absent getting a zturn. 🤪

No pics though, nothing really pic worthy.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I found out if you can find the original and hill, take about 1/2 to 1 gallon of sevin (mixed with water to recommended strength) and pour it down the ant hill it will kill all the ants in there. The ones you moved may need a direct spray over those you can see.
I'll have to give that a try. Today, I looked for ants and only saw a few, even after raking the dirt. Didn't see any on the pile. So if it stays like that, I'll be happy.

On the 1025R, I cleared a bunch of saplings down by the road and pushed them up to the burn pile. And once again, I forgot to take pictures :rolleyes: Maybe I have to fab a camera mount on the dash;):)

·
Registered
2016 1025r
668 Posts
Cut the back of the property today, it was uneventful, I only clogged the MCS once, and I think that was totally my fault. Also dethatched the back, bent two of the dethatcher springs, but still serviceable so ehh. The ground was still a bit soft so left some tire marks. I've learned though with my back property, its a catch 22, not cutting and it takes forever to dry with the taller grass, which just keeps getting taller, compounding it. On the other hand, if I can get that window of mostly hard, some soft, it'll really help with drying and is worth the tire marks. Cutting with the FEL, didn't help with the weight, but with the MCS, Hobbs will be wearing some type of ballast on the front, currently its a HH front bracket with 224lbs of suitcase weights, next cut should identify if that's enough. Would love some alternatives to cut the weight, absent getting a zturn. 🤪

No pics though, nothing really pic worthy.
Yeah my other side of my lawn is that way slopes down to a creek so really can maybe get though it with 4wd right now but if you get stuck well hopefully you can get the c close enough or the a

·
Registered
875 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Took the loader and mower off. Installed the iMatch. Used the lift bushings from TSC cat 1 to cat 2 inside a cat 2 to cat 3 on the box blade. That was an adventure. I couldn’t get the 3 point low enough to hook up the box blade with it on the ground, so sat it on the back of my unhooked trailer. I could then hook it but couldn’t raise it and the blade caught on the lip of the trailer. Ended up sliding it almost off the supporting with a couple of jack stands. That worked! But was almost out of daylight so just tested the box blade on a trench my dogs dug going after a gopher. Lots of learning in my future...

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Ive been gathering dirt around the property to level the floor in the guinea castle ive been building this week. Got to round up enough close the gaps under the frame and install predator barrier soon.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Replaced hydraulic hose on thumb on 1025R, then loaded 17P cart full of wood at nieghbor place. I'll admit, I was skeptical bout mom gettin a second machine, but the X570 in the picture is way handier to use the cart with, I got the cart back when I had the X590. Brought that wood back, separated it into the split/no split piles, then loaded the rest of the no split stuff and stacked it into it's new location. Ran outta daylight as usual. Movin the wood operation. Sorry for long windedness.
Edit: spelling.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,999 Posts
Took the loader and mower off. Installed the iMatch. Used the lift bushings from TSC cat 1 to cat 2 inside a cat 2 to cat 3 on the box blade. That was an adventure. I couldn’t get the 3 point low enough to hook up the box blade with it on the ground, so sat it on the back of my unhooked trailer. I could then hook it but couldn’t raise it and the blade caught on the lip of the trailer. Ended up sliding it almost off the supporting with a couple of jack stands. That worked! But was almost out of daylight so just tested the box blade on a trench my dogs dug going after a gopher. Lots of learning in my future...

View attachment 782120
I have the same Box Blade and used it to build the crushed aggregate road last fall, which worked very well. Here's a tip from someone who has used the box blade a bunch. When you store it, try and keep it on a pallet or two if it has to be stored outside. Also store the scarifiers raised up to the lowest hole on them or even flip them upside down, to get them out of the way but keep them with the BB. The two center scarifiers have to be reversed in position to clear the center tower.

Remember, the 3ph doesn't have down pressure but with the weight of the I Match, it should be lowering the arms low enough. Make sure to spray the 3ph arms and pivots with a good non dirt attracting lubricant like Fluid Film . I always sit my box blade on pallets when storing it, but also to make connecting it easier. Is your 3ph position control allowing the arms to go as low as possible?

I use my pallet forks to lift my box blade out of its storage location and then sit it out where its easier to put on the tractor. I have the cab so you have to be careful with roof overhangs, limbs, etc. which aren't a concern with the open station tractor. If you do lift the BB, be aware its very poorly balanced and will tilt backwards to the point of wanting to lay on its rear panel, with the 3ph tongue straight in the air.

Practice makes perfect with the box blade, If you have any dirt where you can just play, it will help you figure out the BB use more quickly than having grass or vegetation involved. When you do first play in the dirt, use the box blade without the scarifiers down to help you learn how the BB works.

Often, I have to hang as many as 6 of the 42# suitcase weights on the BB frame to get the down pressure needed. The weight will hang right over the side frame as well as the hitch arms. Just make sure the weight can't fall off and you will find the weight is very helpful. Watch your hands and fingers when hanging the weights as they create black fingernails very quickly.......

Screenshot_2021-04-09 John Deere Parts Catalog.png

17601 - 17620 of 17842 Posts