Green Tractor Talk banner

18301 - 18320 of 19148 Posts

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,829 Posts
Just be careful not to run that in the rain. Those manual holders are notorious water collectors if not sealed properly. Good way to get some more ballast atleast
Anticipating that I put everything in a ziploc bag! ;)

·
Registered
2016 1025r
739 Posts
Ya it's kinda weird. It was sitting on a bunch of chimney bricks that were strategicaly placed in a square. Maybe it's a shrine. 🤔 I could be famous or a millionaire from what I find huh.? Hmm.

& there you go with the paint again.😆🙄

No more skidsteers for me either. A little to compact for me nowadays.😁 That's a kids toy like you say.
They used to lay bricks to make the tanks back in the day and there was no regulation on where they put the tanks so it’s probably that or just a old cauth basin

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
Make a cool kettle grill cover or a target.

·
Premium Member
12,239 Posts
Instead of you posting in "What I did with my JD today"...Your tractor should be posting "What I did with my human today":)
The tractor picked up the log and held it while it got chopped into lengths, then it transported the entire pile in the yard box to location 2, splitting at home instead of 1.5 miles out in the woods. That way, if something bad happens, Its easier to get help verses having someone find me in the woods when I don't show up for mealtime..............

So the tractor does play a big role in the whole process..........and this morning, I am being reminded of just how much of a role the human did play and I sure can feel it............... o_O

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
Good job Sulley. Whatcha gonna do with your wood now that it’s all stacked up and inventoried?

·
Premium Member
12,239 Posts
The small cross member piece in the hole in the middle is a handle for lifting said cover like an old septic tank lid like has been stated. Cool find. I’d wonder where’s the rest of what got buried. You’re close enough to Fargo make be Jerry Lundegartners wife is buried somewhere on your property. That’ll give you something to do while your paint dries on your new tool box Mack! Think of the possibilities!
Gaear Grumsweld left her dead in the kitchen of the cabin on the floor after she "Wouldn't stop Shreaking or something". That's where Chief Gunderson found her, as she mentioned that to Gaear on the ride back to the station.......

Remember when Carl Showalter returned after getting the ransom money and had been shot in the jaw and then the infamous debate over "how do you split a car, you dummy" comment to Gaear, to which he calmly replied "One buys the others half". Well, Carl didn't like that answer, insisted he was taking the Cutlass and left, soon to be followed out the door by Gaear who struck him with the axe in the front yard of the cabin.......and as they say, that was that.......

Next time we see Carl, his leg is going through the chipper and Gaear is using a piece of firewood to push Carl's foot with the white tube sock into the shredder when Chief Marge Gunderson confronts him and then shoots him in the upper right leg / buttock area as he is trying to flee across the lake.......

Here's the real trivia question, what is the name of the lake Gaear is fleeing across on which the cabin is located when he was shot by Chief Gunderson?

Clue, the bar tender who was questioned by the Deputy in his driveway while both are wearing their hoods pulled tight around their faces, while the road and driveway are wet......mentioned the lake's name when distinguishing which lake that Carl was staying on when Carl was asking the bartender for "that type of entertainment"............

·
Premium Member
12,239 Posts
Good job Sulley. Whatcha gonna do with your wood now that it’s all stacked up and inventoried?
Gave it to a neighbor who is on the Board with me......Good guy. He is the guy with the Deere x3xx aws model which the deck cuts very crooked. I will try and get a picture of the job it does when I drop off the wood at his house............

This neighbor has a new White Lab puppy named Kimber, who is about 5 months old and she is a real puppy, very active and quickly reminds me of how much energy puppies have......I was hiding Game cameras the other day in our lower river front property and before I knew it, Kimber had me wrapped about 5 times around my legs with her leash and in about 3 different directions. Holy cow......the energy........I am used to senior dogs who like to lay on the couch and surf on their Tablet's all day, ordering from Chewy,com..................

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Mowing the edges of my creek. This is the only situation where i think a treadle pedal makes sense.....

Only hung the tail this far out for photo op 👍

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
1,310 Posts
Today was a learning experience! Got some new hydraulic fittings to work on the hydraulic oil temp gauge, but first had to test what the possible pressures would be on the PB return line. When the 3PT is static, there is no measurable pressure on the return line. When lifting a reasonably heavy implement (450lb aerator on a iMatch QH) pressure would spike briefly to ~1700PSI. This isn't what I was hoping for, but it is manageable for the short term measurement goals. This test was done with my KBOH pressure gauge (First Use) and of course checked the loader pressure - Peak is 2100PSI, set from the factory, that'll work for me.
Quick video of the test.

After that - rigged up the temp sensor and under no load and before the tractor was warm or having done any work with it was able to get readings of the hydraulic fluid (Gauge moved above 100°F.) Unfortunately the fitting assembly was leaking so it needed to be removed before cutting the grass today.

A small glimpse of a very temporary install...

Then finally cut the grass today, no MCS, no front ballast, just side discharge of grass and aerator plugs from this weekend. Wow, I was on a rocket ship without using the red key, likely would be lost in a foreign galaxy's orbit with the red key! Not having an extra 750+lbs when MCS is empty, was fun to say the least. I had forgotten how light it was with just a mower deck on it. (& 3pt &iMatch.) Cutting was 1hr 20m, where it has been taking 2.5hr (taking my time) with the MCS. Tomorrow it's the inlaws neighbors yard, then this weekend a bath, a much needed bath!

Happy Friday Eve!

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,829 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
gonna wash the tractor too? :ROFLMAO:
I knew someone was going to have a smart mouth...🤪 I've already cleaned up (to include a shower) for the evening, thank you!

PS: I had a strong suspicion it would be you Mark. Thanks for not letting me down. 😉👍

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,829 Posts
I knew someone was going to have a smart mouth...🤪 I've already cleaned up (to include a shower) for the evening, thank you!

PS: I had a strong suspicion it would be you Mark. Thanks for not letting me down. 😉👍
Gotta admit, you tee'd it up perfectly for me! ;)

·
Premium Member
17,413 Posts
Mowed this afternoon, then debated if I should change the front axle fluid, 612 hrs. Yep, started close to 1530, finished close to 1700. Will need to check , recheck the fluid level tomorrow, or next time I'm in the building.
Glad I decided to change , it was pretty dirty . but after 600 hrs ,, guess it should be. :giggle:

Thought I had antifreeze , but next time at JD dealer will need to get a couple gallons. One to use and one to keep on the shelf.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Well another stump had a bad day. This one took a little more. Was an old white pine. The roots were like an octopus my daughter said. 😄

Here's half of it.

And the rest of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Mowed my lawn for the first time with my new seat :)
I'm really happy.
Not so happy with the hip restraints.. so gonna order proper armrests and lose those.
Deere Seat cover comes Saturday... wont be able to tell this from the Deere Deluxe Seat :)
The ride is really nice now.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Gaear Grumsweld left her dead in the kitchen of the cabin on the floor after she "Wouldn't stop Shreaking or something". That's where Chief Gunderson found her, as she mentioned that to Gaear on the ride back to the station.......

Remember when Carl Showalter returned after getting the ransom money and had been shot in the jaw and then the infamous debate over "how do you split a car, you dummy" comment to Gaear, to which he calmly replied "One buys the others half". Well, Carl didn't like that answer, insisted he was taking the Cutlass and left, soon to be followed out the door by Gaear who struck him with the axe in the front yard of the cabin.......and as they say, that was that.......

Next time we see Carl, his leg is going through the chipper and Gaear is using a piece of firewood to push Carl's foot with the white tube sock into the shredder when Chief Marge Gunderson confronts him and then shoots him in the upper right leg / buttock area as he is trying to flee across the lake.......

Here's the real trivia question, what is the name of the lake Gaear is fleeing across on which the cabin is located when he was shot by Chief Gunderson?

Clue, the bar tender who was questioned by the Deputy in his driveway while both are wearing their hoods pulled tight around their faces, while the road and driveway are wet......mentioned the lake's name when distinguishing which lake that Carl was staying on when Carl was asking the bartender for "that type of entertainment"............
I hated that movie.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
it was like a trainwreck.. didnt really want to see it.. but couldnt stop watching, for fear of missing where everything would wind up...

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
This makes me very nervous!
For good reason. If that bank gives way, you're on your way down sliding backwards, maybe rolling over! 😱
Still, I do the same thing every now and then at my pond.

·
Registered
435 Posts
For good reason. If that bank gives way, you're on your way down sliding backwards, maybe rolling over! 😱
Still, I do the same thing every now and then at my pond.
I pretty much spent the last two days doing the exact same thing, only with a land plane. Brought the 1025R and the 5075E to a good friends house to regrade the dredging piles of dirt and rock left by a large excavator. Both machines had critical roles because they can do things the other can't. The 1025R could get in between things and clear dirt and debris while leaving the large open areas to the bigger machine. Sorry, no pics of the little guy with the grapple, bucket, and land plane. But, I have pics of what I DIDN'T do with my scut. I know you guys like pics. I cannot overstate what a beast the 5075E is with the loader and grapple. I bet those logs weighed as much or more than the 1025R. Also shows why you need ballast. Heavy land plane and filled tires here. Look at the distance from the load to the middle of the front wheel (the fulcrum). Had to transport them
clear across a large pasture. Never quivered. The front tires were not happy with me however. The grapple is about 900 lbs itself.

18301 - 18320 of 19148 Posts