Green Tractor Talk banner

18881 - 18900 of 19115 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
I wouldn't on a 1 series, I've gotten used to the NSL and can manage. Only reason I'd MSL on the 2038 is the additional lifting capacity... its an extra 200lbs if I recall correctly.
I chose the NSL based on TTWT's video series. I personally won't be doing a lot of pallet work and most of my loader work will be for mulch, dirt, stone, grapple, etc.

I definitely agree with you. I was just curious based on @MarkEagleUSA 's recent experience with the pallets.

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
1,298 Posts
I chose the NSL based on TTWT's video series. I personally won't be doing a lot of pallet work and most of my loader work will be for mulch, dirt, stone, grapple, etc.

I definitely agree with you. I was just curious based on @MarkEagleUSA 's recent experience with the pallets.
Makes sense, I'd guess 25-30% of my loader use is with pallets, if it was closer to 80%+ It would be a serious decision, and the ONLY reason it's an option on a 203xR is the additional lifting capacity, which is my only (not reasonable) complaint about the 1R (Considering its size and its massive capabilities).

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,794 Posts
So I have to ask as I'm waiting for my 1025R with the NSL loader to come this month —

If you made the same purchase again, would you have gone with the MSL loader?
To be honest, probably not on the 1025R. The good does not out weigh the bad unless you're doing a ton of fork work.

On tractors where there is actually an increase in capacity, I'd probably get the MSL.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,794 Posts
I'd bet the hydrosplus kit would help with that.... but warranty for me is more important and I'll struggle like you did. When I upgrade to a 2038, I'll get the 220R with MSL...
It's tempting for sure...

·
Registered
966 Posts
Why not? Always there when you need it. ;)
Ok i thought there was some special reason like to stop some rattle. It's actually a good idea.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
966 Posts
To damn hot outside to do anything. But did go to our local Fleet Farm & picked up a few things. Picked up myself a new "toy" that I just had to have also. View attachment 790145
I would like to get a toy that looks like mine. Michelle won't like that too much. I have a curio cabinet full of toy Corvettes and a few toy Chevy trucks. Plus a few hundred more sitting around. If I walk near the toy isle in a store I am rerouted. The Corvette Museum had a limited die cast jet steam blue convertible with the actual paint used on them. It's exactly like my car included having wheels that are patterned after the optional forged wheels my has. There were only 500 made. I have 5 of them.

·
Registered
966 Posts
What’s the reason for the rags in the loader frame?
You didn't read the thread. I already asked and it was answered.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Ya know... as I was stuffing 20 bags of mulch into my Outback... i was thinkin' ... "This would be more fun if I just got a giant pile and used my loader"
Yeah they sell it in bulk where I get rock products. It comes from the same place that bags it but they are not open to the public except delivery. I would just take my trailer there and get some.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Yes I do. :cool:

Gotta admit... after wrestling with 2 pallets of mulch, I can see the benefit of having an MSL loader. I've been operating forklifts for over 40 years but those 2 skids yesterday really humbled me. :oops:
Every part of using a fork attachment is harder than using a forklift.

·
Registered
966 Posts
To be honest, probably not on the 1025R. The good does not out weigh the bad unless you're doing a ton of fork work.

On tractors where there is actually an increase in capacity, I'd probably get the MSL.
What is the bad?

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,794 Posts
What is the bad?
No additional capacity when compared to the NSL, and binding at full dump. There's just not enough on the plus side to justify it with the way I use my loader.

Also, at this point, it's an expense with no benefit or return on investment.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Haha my daughter has one just like that View attachment 790207
😁
My daughter was with me when I got it & she said is that for me. I said no that's for daddy & she goes but you've already got one in the garage. Ahh gotta love it.😄

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I would like to get a toy that looks like mine. Michelle won't like that too much. I have a curio cabinet full of toy Corvettes and a few toy Chevy trucks. Plus a few hundred more sitting around. If I walk near the toy isle in a store I am rerouted. The Corvette Museum had a limited die cast jet steam blue convertible with the actual paint used on them. It's exactly like my car included having wheels that are patterned after the optional forged wheels my has. There were only 500 made. I have 5 of them.

I've got a collection also of die casts from excavating equipment to farm stuff to pickup trucks & so forth. I usually get detoured from that isle to but it was just me & my daughter so I got to sneak one in. I did get the look & rolling of the eyes when we got home though. 😏

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,794 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 1025R TLB - H120 - 260 - 60D
131 Posts
been sick all week; finally starting to feel better. I haven’t been getting much done, but did use it a little bit today as a wheelbarrow.

I want some heavy duty plastic pallets so I can continue organizing the barn. They’re just so expensive to buy.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Been a while since I posted. Earlier last month I did a full service of fuel/air/oil/hyd/coolant filters and fluids and then started my once a week 3hrs worth of mowing. I have converted all of my “fields” into lawn. This was my final one from last year. Not bad looking now. Although not overly pronounced in the picture, the back and forth on the MMD does fairly decent striping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,090 Posts
Pretty soggy day. Went to the co op and bought 50lbs of grass seed and used my tractor as a wheelbarrow and did some raking and seeding. No pics.

·
Registered
966 Posts
been sick all week; finally starting to feel better. I haven’t been getting much done, but did use it a little bit today as a wheelbarrow.

I want some heavy duty plastic pallets so I can continue organizing the barn. They’re just so expensive to buy.
Our dock guys don't like them because freight slides off of them. They throw them in the dumpster when they come back in a route trailer. I told them just put them in my pickup. So far I have 3.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
966 Posts
Pretty soggy day. Went to the co op and bought 50lbs of grass seed and used my tractor as a wheelbarrow and did some raking and seeding. No pics.
It's gonna rain all week so perfect for grass seed.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts

I put this on my bucket yesterday. It is well made, powder coated. I like the front lip on the unit. Makes it look as if it was factory installed. Jeff at JUFabwork was great to work with. My son live 3 miles from him so he was able to pick it up and helpd me save shipping cost. He has a number of other products. I highly recommend JUFABWORKS. If you live in MI he is located near Baroda. By the way Baroda had a great restaurant same name. Thursday night is rib night. The ribs are very good. Get a big slab of ribs, tatter of choice, and salad, 12 bucks.

18881 - 18900 of 19115 Posts