Green Tractor Talk banner

18901 - 18920 of 19115 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
View attachment 790272

I put this on my bucket yesterday. It is well made, powder coated. I like the front lip on the unit. Makes it look as if it was factory installed. Jeff at JUFabwork was great to work with. My son live 3 miles from him so he was able to pick it up and helpd me save shipping cost. He has a number of other products. I highly recommend JUFABWORKS. If you live in MI he is located near Baroda. By the way Baroda had a great restaurant same name. Thursday night is rib night. The ribs are very good. Get a big slab of ribs, tatter of choice, and salad, 12 bucks.
I bought a set of the ones for the ends with d rings & hooks about a year ago. Been very happy with them.

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
1,298 Posts
Finished the yard... Mostly dry, MCS didn't miss a beat, the new deck boot from TKV really works well.

Edit: And two yards cut with the new mirror - Haven't lost it to a tree or sasquach... YET!!!!

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
I haven't done much with Lil John lately been working on getting my truck back on the road. Today I greased the backhoe. Couldn't get grease in the one bucket pin. Set the backhoe as shown in the picture to get the weight off the pin and drove it out. Pumped grease through the zerk and was good to go.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Howdy all. Been a bit. Had to go out of town to deal with a family matter. Finally got to work on the buildin pad late tonight. It's started. No idea what I'm doin, hopefully its okay. Got the call while I was away on Saturday that the buildin was ready. KIMG0309.JPG KIMG0311.JPG

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got done with work early today, so I headed out to the garage & got my sphc installed. Went pretty slick. Probably helped I had already done it once before.🙄😏 View attachment 789553 View attachment 789554 View attachment 789555 View attachment 789556 View attachment 789557
Moved bucket guide to other side. View attachment 789559
Got done with work early today, so I headed out to the garage & got my sphc installed. Went pretty slick. Probably helped I had already done it once before.🙄😏 View attachment 789553 View attachment 789554 View attachment 789555 View attachment 789556 View attachment 789557
Moved bucket guide to other side. View attachment 789559
Where did you order or get your sphc?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,549 Posts

·
Registered
2018 1025r
174 Posts
Couple dead trees on adjacent property fell and their tops fell over the creek that runs along the south border of our property, and they wound up on our property. One fell a couple weeks ago and I cut & pulled that one out of the creek. Then the 2nd tree fell and landed within 20’ of the 1st tree and on top of one of the smaller brush piles I made from the first tree.

Trying to get good footing while using the chainsaw on a steep, muddy and slippery creek bank was an interesting experience... to be as safe as I could, I had to turn the chainsaw off before taking any step. The 2nd tree top was entangled in vines and not easy to cut free, especially while working on that creek bank, so I cut the main branches and trunk then wrapped a chain around bunches of uncut vines wrapped around tree limbs/trunk and the tractor easily pulled that tangled mess right out 👍. Great work for a hot and humid day. Was glad when that was done!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,794 Posts
Just realized that today is 6 months since I took delivery of my 1025R. Just shy of 50 hrs but that will change now that I'm mowing in addition to everything else.

I still can't believe it sits in my garage! :cool:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Just realized that today is 6 months since I took delivery of my 1025R. Just shy of 50 hrs but that will change now that I'm mowing in addition to everything else.

I had and still have a ford 1700 for 40 years with no loader or MMM, just the 3 point. When I got my 1025R with the MMM and loader I realized what I have been missing for 40 years! Wow, it is so much easier to maintain my 12 acres with my John Deere. I have had it now for 21 months and can't believe how much I have improved my land and walking trails.

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts

Congrats buddy! - My 4 year will be on the 10th (3 days) I'm guessing I'll have 277+ hours on it, crazy considering I had 199.x on Dec 31st, 2020.... Busy 1st half of the year!

Edit: I wonder if Hobbs knows what his adoption day gift is...

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,794 Posts
Congrats buddy! - My 4 year will be on the 10th (3 days) I'm guessing I'll have 277+ hours on it, crazy considering I had 199.x on Dec 31st, 2020.... Busy 1st half of the year!
Trying to wear it out in order to justify the new one? :unsure:

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Trying to wear it out in order to justify the new one? :unsure:
You know I have two-three holdups on getting a new one.
1:Size/Weight - Hobbs is my mowing machine and with deck, MCS and front and mid (me) ballast, it's ~3k lbs depending on hopper fill... The base 2038R is 2400lbs... Add in a 72" deck, MCS, and ballast I'm >4k... Thats a lot of weight to cut with...

2: The 260 was bought and justified for a purpose - Due to stupid township policies, that purpose hasn't happened... It would be silly to keep Hobbs and get a 2038R in addition, so trading Hobbs would be the responsible thing... but... I couldn't justify the ~8k for a 270B...

I already have the approval to "get what I want"... but I can't justify a need... and the biggest reason for "justification" for a 2038R is the additional lift FEL capacity... that I've made due without for 4 years... so I don't think it's in the cards while at this property. (Yes, we're constantly looking for property, just haven't found perfect, and inventory is low. )

Edit: Off to go cut the "other" property! It's 🔥🔥🔥🔥 outside.. its 88.9° and feels like 97° on my Weather Station.

Edit 2: Cut the other property - It was hot!!! Some ICE water in a Yeti and a few cigars kept me cool. (Ok, don't think the cigars helped with the cooling) Ran Hobbs in sport mode, no ballast, no MCS which helped on time. Total milage per the mow app was 12.0 miles (including 3.2 miles each way) and total time was 2hr.

Wanted to get a old glory photo in - we love having a big ole flag pole in the yard!

A mirrored selfie on the commute:

And a crayon drawing of the cut! WEEEEEE!!!

Anyone else wear safety glasses while cutting? I can't tell you how many times they've helped keep twigs from stabbing me in the eye!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Mowed my acre front yard, then went up and mowed my neighbors 3 acre yard - poor guy rolled his 317 off an incline and broke his shoulder in two spots. He gave me heck I didn’t want diesel or money but he helped my grandparents for years. Least I can do is mow him (I told him seat time is the best time as I cracked a cold beer)

ended my night spreading some hay bales across the chicken yard and dragging a few up to the garden.

got a good view from the front yard tonight. I was hoping for a sunset but it’s far too cloudy

·
Premium Member
5,090 Posts
Congrats Mark
That reminded me that I had taken delivery of mine 2 years ago Memorial Day weekend
It was brand new
It now has 368 hrs on it.

What I did with my scut today
Brought home more rocks and unloaded them. Got another rock garden planned for the back complete with fountain for the birds. It’ll be interesting.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well I finished the buildin pad tonight. It was completely dark by the time I was done of course. I really need to install them LEDs on the back, I have em, just undecided on how to mount em. Anyway, dodged enough rain today I was able to finish it. And for the first time in 8 years and 3 different machines, I finally used the 12V outlet!!!!!! I don't know what I'd do without this tractor. To everyone who mentioned what to do on this job, thank you very much. Hopefully I did an alright job and it will work out good. I enjoy this forum, it's an opportunity to escape for me. Thank you and sorry I always type to much.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,258 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yesterday we started her up at 198.4 and shut it down with an even 201. Today she fired up unhooked box blade, loader removed and was shut down for Tran and oil drains.

Dads place is in disarray due to a 2 decade garden flower area that grew till it was in maintainable and then promptly not maintained for about 4 years. New bucket teeth and box blade were real handy. Want to make it easier to mow around. Don't wanna mess up that shiney zero turn. Lot of you enjoy mowing with your SCUT but dang am I happy to have a dedicated z for mowing. If I could sell the 60d I would be more happy haha.

18901 - 18920 of 19115 Posts