Green Tractor Talk banner

18921 - 18940 of 19115 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Anyone else wear safety glasses while cutting? I can't tell you how many times they've helped keep twigs from stabbing me in the eye!
I do too. Kids got me these last Christmas and they’re great on a sunny day too!

·
Registered
25,638 Posts
Anyone else wear safety glasses while cutting? I can't tell you how many times they've helped keep twigs from stabbing me in the eye!
I always do…..now.

Some years back - back when I was younger and dumber I never wore ear or eye protection when mowing or on the tractor in general. Now - always the first things I grab.

I have a few Hickory trees that produce a lot of nuts. Even though I will do my first round with the chute pointing away from the tree subsequent rounds not. I picked up a couple nuts with the mower which directly hit the truck of the tree and ricocheted right back at me. One nut came probably 1/4” from hitting my eye - and it stung!

Even though I wear eyeglasses full time I now have an assortment of safety glasses that go over my eyeglasses - some clear and some dark - they fit and work very well.

I get all my safety glasses here. Great prices and service plus supporting a veteran owned small business.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I have used SAS safety glasses for probably 15 years... used to get them at cost when I worked at NAPA, and they hold up so well, and are so inexpensive when I ruin them, that it just makes sense.

I use the "sidewinders" .. I just (because of you guys spending my money again.... @MattL @scooterman @coaltrain) ordered a new pair from Amazon ..$2.05 shipped to my door... no brainer.
I wear them on my motorcycles. Very comfy (even with a helmet), and light.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,981 Posts
If I could sell the 60d I would be more happy haha.
Show me a pic of it. I could be interested. Depending which arm or leg you want and if it fits my 1026R. :)

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,981 Posts
Hmmmm, wise and great, like the sounds of that just not sure it applies to me. 😁😁😁

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,794 Posts
Just realized that today is 6 months since I took delivery of my 1025R. Just shy of 50 hrs but that will change now that I'm mowing in addition to everything else.

I still can't believe it sits in my garage! :cool:
It must be Ground Hog Day. I saw the tractor for the 1st time and signed the papers on 12/7, but delivery was 6 months ago today on 12/8. :cool:

·
Registered
2018 1025r
174 Posts
Moved a couple cut up trees to a burn pile today. It was great to spend time with a good friend and neighbor and very much appreciated that he volunteered to help. I don’t often see people offer that kind of help anymore... Thank you Ray!

0433D2EE-59EA-4552-BDCD-0AFB5BD8555D.jpeg
E9B75D9F-8C56-49D9-B132-B4382B71434E.jpeg
29321A91-CA04-4289-8597-CAF5C724EA39.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2017 1025R TLB - H120 - 260 - 60D
131 Posts
Moved a couple cut up trees to a burn pile today. It was great to spend time with a good friend and neighbor and very much appreciated that he volunteered to help. I don’t often see people offer that kind of help anymore... Thank you Ray!

View attachment 790693 View attachment 790695 View attachment 790696
It’s great to have good neighbors. I think mine should get Neighbor of the Year” for helping me today with a dead deer. Not a pleasant task, but he just jumped right in. He’s such a great guy.

·
Registered
243 Posts
It’s great to have good neighbors. I think mine should get Neighbor of the Year” for helping me today with a dead deer. Not a pleasant task, but he just jumped right in. He’s such a great guy.
You know I have always heard, a great fence makes a great neighbor. But the last 3 places I have lived I have had great neighbors next door. Growing up my parents had a ton of neighbors as they live in town. Many of them were just not good neighbors. Its nice having neighbors who are willing to help keep the neighborhood looking nice. I feel bad for my neighbors as my chickens tend to go hang out with his cows in his barn instead of going into our barn or chicken coop.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I put my "new" seat cover on and removed the left armrest which I don't use. I also took off the seat belt which I don't use. I like the cover and I'm happy I got it.

I changed the front bucket out for the pallet forks and stacked concrete blocks, flower pots, rebar and some other junk on a few pallets and moved them around back of my small shed.

We had two major storms come through yesterday and last night. Usually after storms like that, I have a tree or a couple large branches down in the woods. I rode around my trails and unbelievably there weren't any :unsure:
It started to rain, so I put ol' #1025R to bed.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I put my "new" seat cover on and removed the left armrest which I don't use. I also took off the seat belt which I don't use. I like the cover and I'm happy I got it.
Looks like you have some pretty good slopes on your property. Be extra cautious out there, and good luck.
Deere's recommendation:
ROPs up >>> seat belt on.
ROPs down >>> seat belt off.
I don't always follow that advice 100% of the time, but I do as they suggest most of the time. A serious injury can happen in any situation, no matter what precautions you take. I would imagine that Deere's safety protocols have a bunch of data to back them up, so most of the time, I roll with the best odds. A roll-over can happen to the best of us, even on level ground.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Looks like you have some pretty good slopes on your property. Be extra cautious out there, and good luck.
Deere's recommendation:
ROPs up >>> seat belt on.
ROPs down >>> seat belt off.
I don't always follow that advice 100% of the time, but I do as they suggest most of the time. A serious injury can happen in any situation, no matter what precautions you take. I would imagine that Deere's safety protocols have a bunch of data to back them up, so most of the time, I roll with the best odds. A roll-over can happen to the best of us, even on level ground.
Thanks for my safety concern. My entire property has slope from near level to steep, but I'm retired and take my good old time. If I think it's unsafe, I won't do it. I've got over 60 years running all kinds of equipment/machinery and with that experience comes the mindset to do things the right way.

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
1,298 Posts
Hobbs did some wood chipping today, his 4 year adoption day!

And some video...

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
1,298 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Hobbs did some wood chipping today, his 4 year adoption day!
View attachment 790867

And some video...
I have one of the Chinese copies of that chipper as well. I have run a lot through it and am amazed that the blades don't seem to be dulling at all. It just eats everything fast. Even bigger stuff.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
966 Posts
If only you lived closer and I didn't burn that huge pile of brush . I can't see me needing one of these now but it does look like a great addition for those that would need it.
I just got tired of trying to burn wet stuff. Anything this won't chip is processed as firewood.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

18921 - 18940 of 19115 Posts